John Greig .

mick1271

Nah. Thanks but no thanks. Give me wee Doddie, Colin Jackson, Stein and wee Bud from that era waaaaaay before Greig if you want 'hospitality' from an ex-player.

If you ever saw him play for the jersey, you would never disrespect the man. Mr.Greig should be invited back.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot believe that anybody would post this crap. Have we learned nothing from this debacle ? There are no Rangers legends outwith the club, every single one of them let us down. That includes Smith, Souness, Gough etc. etc. The real Rangers legends are us the fans.

Aye, see Struth, McNeil, Vallance, Kitchenbrand... not legends at all.

Wee Davie from Partick, however, he's a fucking hero.

As a player - I loved him - a legend. Manager - lacked the talent - but hey, gave it a shot. Anything after that was just PR - and he's not very good at it.

Sorry. :(

He was and is a Legend, no one on this site should ever be doubting that, he also managed Rangers through the years we spent more rebuilding the stadium than we did on the park, that said however, he should have spoken out about CW, I will never understand why he stayed silent and has remained silent throughout.

If you ever saw him play for the jersey, you would never disrespect the man. Mr.Greig should be invited back.

To do what ? There is no longer a gravy train for passengers . Richard Gough for example was awesome and didn't put a foot wrong on or off the pitch and would be a much more effective ambassador - do you want to give him a job ?

He was and is a Legend, no one on this site should ever be doubting that, he also managed Rangers through the years we spent more rebuilding the stadium than we did on the park, that said however, he should have spoken out about CW, I will never understand why he stayed silent and has remained silent throughout.

Yes he is a legend. Why he never spoke up only John will know. However there have been plenty of Rangers Board members who have never said anything all the way back to Murray's reign. However when he was pushed out we all should have known something was badly wrong. Anyway, onward and upward. WATP.

I'm older than I look sport - not only did I see Greig play - I saw him come into the team as a lad.

I've already said - as a player - a legend.

It ends there for me though.

I grew up watching John Greig, and to this day which is almost 50 years, l cant think of one player who gave as much on the pitch as John Greig gave for Rangers. I know he wasnt the greatest manager we had, and sadly he wasnt great at PR for the club,but please dont slag the man off, because he is a true Rangers legend. :uk:

He was dining in a restaurant in the city the night after he left Rangers and was quizzed by my old man and his mates to what was going on.

He has seemingly been told to say nothing due to what could be a legal outcome on both his involvement as a director and the manner in which he left the club.

As a player - I loved him - a legend. Manager - lacked the talent - but hey, gave it a shot. Anything after that was just PR - and he's not very good at it.

Sorry. :(

You are correct again, by fuck did he have the fire in his belly as a player, however as a pr man, ledge was lacking and didn't defend us as he should have. We need someone with big balls to stand up to these tarrier cretins.

I have heard conflicting opinions of Jardine as a person but you can't fail to see that he seems to be one of the minority of ex players who has really nailed his colours to the mast in these testing times and I hope this is recognised.

Did he get himself removed from the SFA Hall of Fame or did he just threaten to do so?

Aye, see Struth, McNeil, Vallance, Kitchenbrand... not legends at all.

Wee Davie from Partick, however, he's a fucking hero.

I thought. It would be obvious to everyone that I was talking about people who are alive and part of our recent history. The Smith's, Souness's, Gough's etc. have done a job for the club when they were paid employees and deserve credit for that. But remained silent when we really needed them.

To do what ? There is no longer a gravy train for passengers . Richard Gough for example was awesome and didn't put a foot wrong on or off the pitch and would be a much more effective ambassador - do you want to give him a job ?

For the last part of big John's career he carried Rangers and some less than startling players on his fuckin back. Richard Gough played in a team that was the best money could buy, subtle difference. Plus, I seem to remember, not sure though, he said something less than helpful during this awful period about our situation. :uk: