John Greig .

mick1271

As above . I think that the time is right for him to return as an ambassador for the club . Or course it would depend on him wanting to do it . Day after day CG is gaining more trust from the support and trying to bring JG back to the club would help him gain more.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As above . I think that the time is right for him to return as an ambassador for the club . Or course it would depend on him wanting to do it . Day after day CG is gaining more trust from the support and trying to bring JG back to the club would help him gain more.

What was it Greig did at the club, exactly? <cr>

His role was....eh, what? <cr>

What was it Greig did at the club, exactly? <cr>

His role was....eh, what? <cr>

He was voted by the supporters of the club (us) as the greatest ever Ranger .we built a statue in his honour in the shadow of Ibrox . I agree he should have been more outspoken about what has gone on in the recent past and his role at the club was vague to say the least,but there was uproar when he left and I for one would like to see him back.

I don't see what the role would be, or what the point would be in JG coming back, other than maybe doing the hospitality bit on matchdays.

Nah. Thanks but no thanks. Give me wee Doddie, Colin Jackson, Stein and wee Bud from that era waaaaaay before Greig if you want 'hospitality' from an ex-player.

He was voted by the supporters of the club (us) as the greatest ever Ranger .we built a statue in his honour in the shadow of Ibrox . I agree he should have been more outspoken about what has gone on in the recent past and his role at the club was vague to say the least,but there was uproar when he left and I for one would like to see him back.

As a player - I loved him - a legend. Manager - lacked the talent - but hey, gave it a shot. Anything after that was just PR - and he's not very good at it.

Sorry. :(

I don't see what the role would be, or what the point would be in JG coming back, other than maybe doing the hospitality bit on matchdays.

Is that not what he mainly done before . I don't think he had even been near Ibrox or Auchenhowie since he left . I would like to see him return even as a visitor on match days if not in an official role. Most of our past players ( some of the recent ones can fuck off) should be encouraged to come to Home matches .... Don't see bomber getting an invite though LOL

He's doing fine as a statue, lets leave it at that.

This (tu)

Like all former board members he failed in his duty as a director of the company and club.

No former board member should ever be part of Rangers again.

I've never seen much of him as a player and throughout this whole mess he has been extremely disappointing. It's a no for me. We have people who actually stood up for the club when we really needed it.

Sandy Jardine has stepped upto the plate more than John Greig ever has

Agreed . Greig would have been paid the thick end of £100k and his contribution was a glorified meeter and greeter . He had no balls or nous to stand up to the underhand comments and activity of the beggars when he was as the club or even when he left . Another so called legend posted missing when we have needed it. I would rather the club resourced that kind of money for some slick PR activity as we badly need to up the ante here.