Reply From Clyde

bluechip

To:

Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2012, 15:56

Subject: RE:

Dear Ian

Many thanks for your email which Dee has forwarded onto me. I also know that she intends to reply herself.

We very much appreciate your comments and are keen to hear your views.

We very much strive to deliver a balanced show every night on Superscoreboard, but understand that we may not always hit the mark 100%.

To this end we have recently undertaken an extensive piece of research, surveying 1,500 football phone-in fans from across the West of Scotland – listeners to our show and others. We then dived deeper into the viewpoints by holding focus groups with both Rangers fans and Celtic fans.

We wanted to understand what listeners liked about the show and what listeners did not like.

We now have a very clear view – but it may surprise you to know that Celtic fans thought the show was biased towards Rangers and Rangers fans thought it was biased towards Celtic. We do however acknowledge and hear the views of a section of Rangers fans who feel strongly that we have not got the balance right.

Let me assure you that we are redoubling our efforts for the coming season to ensure that the show is balanced and that it reflects the opinions and viewpoints of all sides equally. By the very nature of the show, we are not going to please everyone all of the time, as the topics will raise passions and debate, however we do strive to ensure that this debate is balanced.

So for the new season we have reviewed our list of pundits and are bringing in new, fresh voices, we have hired a new producer who will work more closely on ensuring the panel is balanced, the callers and opinions on the show are balanced and that overall it reflects both sides of the debate. We are also, we hope, bringing some more fun to the show.

We do strive and we will redouble our efforts in this regard, to ensure that both sides get equal airtime on the show.

Let me assure you we take these views seriously and are acting on them where we believe there is legitimate concern.

I would ask you to listen to the show this season and I hope you will hear some positive changes. If not I would ask you to get back in touch to let me know your opinion.

With best regards

Graham

Graham Bryce

Managing Director

Bauer Media Scotland

Graham,

Thank you for your swift reply. Your email seems, on the whole, to provide some hope for an even opinion on your show in the future. I would however point you to the opening show the other night and Hugh Keevins talking about Charles Green's press interview on Sunday. Charles Green did mention the word bigotry in his interview but may I point out to Mr.Keevins that in no way was the word religious used along side the word bigotry. You would think in your industry they might give a man not from these parts the benefit of the doubt on the use of the word bigotry. Bigotry has many meanings in the Oxford English dictionary. Maybe Hugh could have read the dictionary's meaning before launching a scathing attack on Charles Green and advising him about how people in this part of the world should be careful whilst using that word.

A classic example of Mr. Keevins tunnel vision when it comes to anything to do with Rangers football club. He spent the whole of last season sympathising with many irrational callers who wanted to see Rangers thrown out the game altogether.

I have to say most of the journalists, who mascarade as pundits on your programme are too lazy to investigate anything untoward that might be happening in the east end of the city. Either that or they are frightened to do so. Maybe they only harass easy targets, after all that is what lazy journalists do. Follow the howling pack.

So while I can see what you are trying to do, it will never change with bigoted wee men like Hugh Keevins on your programme, maybe it is time for Hugh to hang up his microphone. I won't hold my breadth expecting anything to change. Not a very good start in my opinion.

Good luck pushing against the tide.

Regards

On the off chance this graham Boyce actually cares---too little too late -- no use trying to balance things once the damage is done--Radio Clyde once a station synonymous with entertaining its audience has now iretreivably went where no Rangers fan will now follow. Its a free country but I wish no Rangers fan would phone in to this bigoted mockery of a once great show, Jimmy Sanderson will be birling in his grave like a peerie.

So they are bringing in new pundits and also bringing in a new producer to make sure that from now on a balanced show ensues, what greater admission of the fact that the old pundits and producers were biased. Charles Green should put this reply in his proof of bigotry juggernaut, for a juggernaut is what will be required to transport the volume of evedence available to him. I urge all gers fans to detune Clyde from their button tuners in their car.

Tarriers think the show was biased towards Rangers? With the presenter and mainstays of the panel being Sellik men like Delahunt,Keevins and Guidi, and an avowed Rangers hater like Spiers? And anyone on it with Rangers connections being too thick the see the agenda like Johnstone and Dalziel, or too scared to upset them like Wishart?

Aye, very good.

Simply monitor the ratio of calls from Celtic fans as opposed to any other team.

Secondly monitor the pundits, their frequency of appearance and links to Celtic or any other club.

Thirdly ask why the likes of Mentally Ill Phil got on repeatedly under various guises despite Delahunt claiming not to know who he was.

After that then list the amount of blatant lies and spurious comments allowed about Rangers which are cut short when discussing Celtic.

These complaints only get somewhere when you can back up your claims with facts over a prolonged period.

Keep that email handy and in the likelihood they've done bugger all about it a few months into the season, respond to it again.

Will do Jadams. Still think it's a waste of time, maybe they'll get fed up with Bears complaining and really try to change it.

I gave up listening to Clyde a long time ago. The only pundit that I heard stick up for us was Darryl King but even at times his head was full of carry on.

Derek Johnstone used the programmes as a one man stand up comedy show - and a very poor one at that.

Fraser Wishart is clearly well educated but is reticent to become embroiled in any big arguments. Other so called Gers minded pundits like Alex Rae & Gordon Dalziel are so happy to be on the receiving end of a pay-cheque and are also limited in their eloquence to be effective contributors.

I do not know who these new pundits shall be nor do I care.

Undoubtedly the phone-in format will follow the station's music output policy, i.e. tune in anytime and you could be in a timewarp from years gone by.

Timmy will still be paranoid and encouraged to be so by the presenter and contributors on the show who pass themselves off as pundits.

It is not for me to tell anyone what their listening pleasure should be, but if people listen to radio stations such as Clyde then there should be no surprise on their part regarding these station's outputs.

On the subject of rc, I caught a few seconds of it in the car whilst flicking through channels there - the guy I heard was a bheast although seemed fairly articulate & was saying how he'd given his st up as he didn't agree with us being fucked over in the name of sporting integrity & could see the wider implications for the future of Scottish football - said he'd been pestered by incessant phone calls, emails etc to renew & understood this was due to them having only sold around 20k st for next season (think he actually said it was less than 20k!)

They actually were only there to see the Rangers :sherlock:

On the subject of rc, I caught a few seconds of it in the car whilst flicking through channels there - the guy I heard was a bheast although seemed fairly articulate & was saying how he'd given his st up as he didn't agree with us being fucked over in the name of sporting integrity & could see the wider implications for the future of Scottish football - said he'd been pestered by incessant phone calls, emails etc to renew & understood this was due to them having only sold around 20k st for next season (think he actually said it was less than 20k!)

They actually were only there to see the Rangers :sherlock:

I happen to know of a whole family of them that are diehards, supporters buses, trips to oirland, the whole nine; and none of them have renewed.

It was always about us. Always.

I happen to know of a whole family of them that are diehards, supporters buses, trips to oirland, the whole nine; and none of them have renewed.

It was always about us. Always.

The guy on rc actually said that he understood the constant haranguing to renew as he had a mate behind the scenes at porkheid & that's where the figures came from - also apparently why they've increased the allocation for the sheep shaggers... I'd piss myself laughing if their stadium was only half full on the opening day...

:crabflute:

To:

Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2012, 15:56

Subject: RE:

Dear Ian

Many thanks for your email which Dee has forwarded onto me. I also know that she intends to reply herself.

We very much appreciate your comments and are keen to hear your views.

We very much strive to deliver a balanced show every night on Superscoreboard, but understand that we may not always hit the mark 100%.

To this end we have recently undertaken an extensive piece of research, surveying 1,500 football phone-in fans from across the West of Scotland – listeners to our show and others. We then dived deeper into the viewpoints by holding focus groups with both Rangers fans and Celtic fans.

We wanted to understand what listeners liked about the show and what listeners did not like.

We now have a very clear view – but it may surprise you to know that Celtic fans thought the show was biased towards Rangers and Rangers fans thought it was biased towards Celtic. We do however acknowledge and hear the views of a section of Rangers fans who feel strongly that we have not got the balance right.

Let me assure you that we are redoubling our efforts for the coming season to ensure that the show is balanced and that it reflects the opinions and viewpoints of all sides equally. By the very nature of the show, we are not going to please everyone all of the time, as the topics will raise passions and debate, however we do strive to ensure that this debate is balanced.

So for the new season we have reviewed our list of pundits and are bringing in new, fresh voices, we have hired a new producer who will work more closely on ensuring the panel is balanced, the callers and opinions on the show are balanced and that overall it reflects both sides of the debate. We are also, we hope, bringing some more fun to the show.

We do strive and we will redouble our efforts in this regard, to ensure that both sides get equal airtime on the show.

Let me assure you we take these views seriously and are acting on them where we believe there is legitimate concern.

I would ask you to listen to the show this season and I hope you will hear some positive changes. If not I would ask you to get back in touch to let me know your opinion.

With best regards

Graham

Graham Bryce

Managing Director

Bauer Media Scotland

Graham,

Thank you for your swift reply. Your email seems, on the whole, to provide some hope for an even opinion on your show in the future. I would however point you to the opening show the other night and Hugh Keevins talking about Charles Green's press interview on Sunday. Charles Green did mention the word bigotry in his interview but may I point out to Mr.Keevins that in no way was the word religious used along side the word bigotry. You would think in your industry they might give a man not from these parts the benefit of the doubt on the use of the word bigotry. Bigotry has many meanings in the Oxford English dictionary. Maybe Hugh could have read the dictionary's meaning before launching a scathing attack on Charles Green and advising him about how people in this part of the world should be careful whilst using that word.

A classic example of Mr. Keevins tunnel vision when it comes to anything to do with Rangers football club. He spent the whole of last season sympathising with many irrational callers who wanted to see Rangers thrown out the game altogether.

I have to say most of the journalists, who mascarade as pundits on your programme are too lazy to investigate anything untoward that might be happening in the east end of the city. Either that or they are frightened to do so. Maybe they only harass easy targets, after all that is what lazy journalists do. Follow the howling pack.

So while I can see what you are trying to do, it will never change with bigoted wee men like Hugh Keevins on your programme, maybe it is time for Hugh to hang up his microphone. I won't hold my breadth expecting anything to change. Not a very good start in my opinion.

Good luck pushing against the tide.

Regards

Had chat with Lorraine Herbiston today and she was just back from holiday.

She appeared angry that nutcase Tommy got on last night but she has had phone call from this deranged rodent saying he has 12 sim cards and intends to NOT let up on his hatred of Rangers fc.

She said the programme will be very different this year and she asked for patience with the changes.

I implored her to stop with the political crap and wished for more debate on actual football.

She definitely knows we are applying pressure now and your email to the owners will surely help.Well done mate ..