Do you know of any bears who are buying season tickets this season

My Dad's not had a season ticket for over 15 years...hes that keen that he went today qued for hours only to be told they are not for sale yet for non holding season ticket holders. He was gutted :uk:

Repping yer old boy, no' takin' the piss! :praise:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting my first full season ticket, i got a half season ticket last season when we went into admin and kept my seat this year. I work most Saturdays so that's always stopped me in the past but going into admin was a wake up call.

Good gesture mate. Are you still going to be working Saturday's then?

Impressive!

You started this thread and have been a credit to yourself in keeping up with the posts!...hearing all the guys say the things they have been about buying for the first time makes me think our season ticket sales for this year might actually be a record!....which is mindblowing!

Good on you!...good thread! :)

There is the feasibility but i'm not so sure 50,000 will be sold. But the only reason there was ever a limit to 43,000 in the past was due to sellik games. So there is a chance with say max away end area of 800/900 that their could be 50,000 season tickets sold.

There will probably still be a requirement for a certain percentage to be left for opposition fans. That percentage has to take into account safe segregation. I don't know the exact figures but fully expect that the same limit will be set. Before anyone gives me pelters and negative reps, I doubt (but hope) we will reach 43,000 STs this season.

In saying that, I have 2 cousins going to buy STs this season for the first time, one lives miles away and the other works away from home all the time. I'll renew my 3 tomorrow.

Have a group of 20ish mates that ill go to the pub/night out with and roughly 1/3 of the group had season tickets last year. Now just over 2/3 of the group are either renewing or getting one for this season.

A few family members who have never had one have applied for one this year.

As the title says, was just wondering out of interest whether any had gone a few years without getting one but have decided to.

Also off topic but the update of the new Gers website is wonderful. Very impressed and no glitches like it used to!

I'm 63, work in Africa and haven't had a season ticket for about 6 years, but I'm getting one this season if there are any left when I get home on 15th.

I have grandsons who normally take up my time on Saturdays, but I have to put money into the Gers to make sure there is a strong team for their future. The oldest one (6) sees a few games a season and is now a bear through and through. The youngest had his first full strip at 8 months old, another bear in the making. WATP

How many season tickets will we allow to be sold? Is it feasible they could run out?

I intend to get my first one after 6 years away.

Yep. A few years back you had to go on a waiting list for a season ticket. If you wanted a good seat, you could be on it for years.