Scottish Charity Shield

Larry-AV

I live in England and have heard of the Glasgow Cup, but that is all. Just found this though :

Herald Scotland - Glasgow Cup proposed as vehicle for Old Firm fixture

The Glasgow cup is Scotlands version of the charity shield. Prpbably older than the charity shield to be honest. I might be wrong on that though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Glasgow cup is Scotlands version of the charity shield. Probably older than the charity shield to be honest. I might be wrong on that though.

Thanks for the info, Redwhiteandblue.

I suppose that will teach me not to jump in without looking first !

Has this idea been mentioned on here before ?

Anyway, the thought crossed my mind when I was answering a Post from a Celtic Fan who suggested Rangers v Celtic friendlies this coming Season, one at Ibrox and the other at Celtic Park. This was my reply :

Unless I am mistaken, Scotland does not have a 'Charity Shield' match, so create one and make it an Old Firm exclusive.

Play the match at Hampden with gate receipts going to charities designated by the SFA, Rangers and Celtic.

This would enable Scottish football to give something back to society and make the match more than just a meaningless friendly.

If this idea comes about, I would expect it to be played either during or at the end of Season 2012-2013.

Thereafter have it as the curtain raiser to the Season, as it is in England.

Fuck off and fuck them.

Anyway, the thought crossed my mind when I was answering a Post from a Celtic Fan who suggested Rangers v Celtic friendlies this coming Season, one at Ibrox and the other at Celtic Park. This was my reply :

Unless I am mistaken, Scotland does not have a 'Charity Shield' match, so create one and make it an Old Firm exclusive.

Play the match at Hampden with gate receipts going to charities designated by the SFA, Rangers and Celtic.

This would enable Scottish football to give something back to society and make the match more than just a meaningless friendly.

If this idea comes about, I would expect it to be played either during or at the end of Season 2012-2013.

Exactly why would we at Rangers wish to to be involved in anything to do with that shower of cretins at the San Giro? I will give you the benefit of the doubt that being in England you have missed much of the celtic-instigated hatred of Rangers. The only time Rangers should play them is if we have to in ordinary competition.

If I was charles green I would not play in the glasgow cup just to appease the monkeys in charge, and I would tell said monkeys to stick their SFA cup up there arse and play friendlys on the days of cup matches. I am quite certain that a lot of teams outside of Scotland would like to play us.

Fuck that,I don't want a friendly against those paedo bastards. Games against scumtic are anything but friendly. If we meet in the cup fair enough but meaningless friendlies against them to line their pockets gets a big fuck off from me.

:uk:

No Surrender.

As a another poster stated "want f##k all to do with them" we look after our own now :crabflute: