Claims of 30,000 and upwards (with more selling) for Tuesday.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance does club deck hold 8 thousand when the full broamloand stand only holds 7500 ?

Correction - a (not very!) quick check throws up an Evening Tims article saying 7300.

Not much else out there with a definitive number!

Think I was getting the '8' from the £8m the bond issue raised.

Apparently there were still 6050 bond holders at time we went into admin, all of whom would have been lodged in the Club Deck - still bags of room at the ends with no regular occupants, so 7300 sounds about right.

Let's all get things into perspective about the size of the crowd for this game.

It's a Tuesday night in the middle of the summer holidays. We have a lot of fans who normally travel from England and Northern Ireland. Confirmation that the game would actually go ahead was only given just over a week ago. The ticket office staff have to deal with thousands of season ticket renewals and tickets for this game, they are working flat out. I believe that they lost a few members of staff due to lack of job security, they left for other positions. Getting every request processed takes time and we will have to live with that.

Not everybody can make this game. I sit in Copland rear and 2 guys in front live and work in the south of England. A pal of mine is currently working somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

If the SFA and SPL had done more to resolve issues earlier instead of trying to crucify Rangers we could have had the tickets sorted out before now. The ticket office is open tomorrow and there will be pay at the gate so there is still time for some fans to get along.

All things considered, a crowd of anything over 25,000 will be reasonable under these circumstances.

I'm certain it will be different when all STs are renewed for league games.

Let's all get things into perspective about the size of the crowd for this game.

It's a Tuesday night in the middle of the summer holidays. We have a lot of fans who normally travel from England and Northern Ireland. Confirmation that the game would actually go ahead was only given just over a week ago. The ticket office staff have to deal with thousands of season ticket renewals and tickets for this game, they are working flat out. I believe that they lost a few members of staff due to lack of job security, they left for other positions. Getting every request processed takes time and we will have to live with that.

Not everybody can make this game. I sit in Copland rear and 2 guys in front live and work in the south of England. A pal of mine is currently working somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

If the SFA and SPL had done more to resolve issues earlier instead of trying to crucify Rangers we could have had the tickets sorted out before now. The ticket office is open tomorrow and there will be pay at the gate so there is still time for some fans to get along.

All things considered, a crowd of anything over 25,000 will be reasonable under these circumstances.

But if it was a Champions League game... :craphead:

I'm certain it will be different when all STs are renewed for league games.

I agree with you on all points but it would be nice to have more. Looking on the bright side though, I'm glad it was pushed back . Imagine the mess if would have been on Saturday.

If you think home to east fife in the first round of the league cup is one of the bigger games in our history then you not know much about our history

It is a big game for the club as it is a chance for us to show our support and loyalty, and really ram it down the SPL's throat, that we don't do walking away. The players that have stayed and the ones who have signed deserve a decent turn out in what is the first home game.

I agree with those who say that it is more important for us to get 40k season tickets sold than 40k for this game, however I would rather that we did both, we are more than capable of it. We got 47k for a legends game and this in my eyes is more important.

Several, granted. But IMO, very few be as big as this. Our first game at Ibrox as we fight back to the top of the Scottish game. It's just a shame that a fair few don't want to be a part of it.

It's almost as if you're suggesting this isn't a significant moment in the history of the club... Or am I just being totally ignorant?

Significant yes. But not the biggest of our history.

Just seems like people are treating this like it's the first game for a new club, when it's not.

I'll be there regardless but i'm not going to have a go at anyone who doesn't go for whatever reasons they have.

A further take on perspective....

Look at Celtic's home games in recent seasons against SPL clubs in this same competition :

22/09/2010 Celtic 6-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Att : 17,429)

28/10/2009 Celtic 0-1 Heart of Midlothian (Att : 18,675)

Just for when the tims point out it isn't a sell-out.

A further take on perspective....

Look at Celtic's home games in recent seasons against SPL clubs in this same competition :

22/09/2010 Celtic 6-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Att : 17,429)

28/10/2009 Celtic 0-1 Heart of Midlothian (Att : 18,675)

Just for when the tims point out it isn't a sell-out.

We dont compare ourselves against the filth.

If you would have told me there would be 25,000+ in the 1st round of the league cup at home on a Tuesday i'd of laughed.

Why the fuck did they move it from the weekend to the Tuesday anyway?

The scum were playing on Saturday, so our game was moved.

Significant yes. But not the biggest of our history.

Just seems like people are treating this like it's the first game for a new club, when it's not.

I'll be there regardless but i'm not going to have a go at anyone who doesn't go for whatever reasons they have.

I dont think they are they are treating it as a game many thought would not go ahead as the corrupt SFA/SPL tried to kill our club.