Our ticket allocation for when we play Queens Park at Hampden

Darrenmt7

Says on wiki Queens Park are the owners of Hampden they have an average attendence of 750 we will probably have a big crowd for this game which would mean Queens Park will make a full seasons home revenue in one match is this correct ?

If Rangers do take a sizeable support to Hampden for both games, say for instance the second game there decides the championship, those two games (coupled with the crowds from their other 16 games) could take Queen's Park average attendance to match some of the clubs at the lower end of the SPL especially as a few of those clubs will have an average considerably down from last season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to keep momentum going in terms of attendance we need to have bench mark games. The Xmas derby this year at Hampden should be such a game.

There will likely be more at the Rangers-Clyde game on Boxing Day than the rest of the SPL-SFL put together.

The question for me is who will get the money?

Just to make 100% sure I emailed their secretary and received this confirmation:

I can confirm that all SFL gate receipts are kept by the home clubs. The SFA do not take a levy from League matches nor derive income from them. I can also confirm that QPFC remain owners of the National Stadium, the SFA lease the stadium from us.

Really hope we get a massive crowd at this one, it'll be amusing if the biggest sellout of the year in the whole country was from the lowest league.

I think to keep momentum going in terms of attendance we need to have bench mark games. The Xmas derby this year at Hampden should be such a game.

As noted Queens were once a huge club. Had they not stayed amateur Glasgow could have had 2 big teams and Scottish football would have been very different.

Would be great to honour our heritage and get a huge turn out at Hampden for what is arguably Glasgow's original derby. If people get behind it this can be a real highlight of our SPL3 tour.

Fixed that for you :)

It is their traditional home ground and was always theirs, the same as Ibrox has always been ours since we first moved there. Just because it is a small club does not mean they should not own a big stadium, it was decided to make it the national stadium of Scotland and so was developed far more than say ochilview ever will be because of that tag.

correct in 1 ! QP were a massive team at one point