3 new players says green

PaulReid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That squad , even without Goian and Boca would get us to div 1 no problem. I don't think we need to much more tbh.

I think another 3, maybe 4 would be fine if nobody else leaves bar Edu and Bedoya.

Alexander

Gallacher

Cole

Broadfoot

Perry

Goian

Bocanegra

Cribari

Hegarty

Wallace

*another left back?*

Mitchell

MacLeod

Black

Hutton

McKay

McCulloch

Shiels

Sandaza

Little

Naismith

Kyle

- I'm sure I've missed a midfielder, maybe not, so we could do with strengthening that area a wee bit more. Apart from that, as other youngsters are developing behind the scenes, think we should be okay without having to stretch our wage budget too far.

Probably a bit of bartering. Would imagine he didn't expect to get 12 players but if he asks for 12 then if he gets 8, he's done well. a bit like an auction, you don't start at the highest amount your willing to pay.

3 more players? Think we'd be alright, aslong as we also replace any further players who leave. We do still have a whole youth side who can supplement the team.

Even if we lose Goian and Boca from last night's side, that leaves you with 13 players + Hegarty, Perry, Cribari + 3 new signings = 19 players

Then add to this younger boys like Witorski, Crawford etc. Think we'd be absolutely fine.

Hope a couple of these players will be wide players though (tu)

3 more if no more leave would possibly be enough, we have to remember though, we have 2 years until we can refresh or improve the squad, i don't think we are quite strong enough enough yet in all departments to get us through 2 seasons. Next year i expect us to be back in the SPL too so the standard will be higher and our need for depth and quality will be even more.

Is the lad Wiktorski still here? I thought i read he had been let go.

Wide players with flair, skill, pace and creativity would be amazing. (tu)

3 more if no more leave would possibly be enough, we have to remember though, we have 2 years until we can refresh or improve the squad, i don't think we are quite strong enough enough yet in all departments to get us through 2 seasons. Next year i expect us to be back in the SPL too so the standard will be higher and our need for depth and quality will be even more.

Is the lad Wiktorski still here? I thought i read he had been let go.

Wide players with flair, skill, pace and creativity would be amazing. (tu)

I'm sure as well I read Witorski had been let go, could be wrong though.

Squad is decent, needs a bit more depth perhaps but if the youngsters can step up to the plate, assuming the soon to be defunct SPL don't bribe the SFL to reform the leagues and we take three years to get back amongst that shite, it gives these guys time to develop and we should have a decent squad growing up together.

How does it look that way? We have just signed 3 players in one day, are talking to more and have a few contracts on the table too.

cause ally would sign another 20 players if he could but that wont happen will it.

he'll get told how many he can have.it wont be how much he really wants.

green says 3. thats looking like ally wont get what he wants.

understand?

I think we are all of the opinion that the squad we have NOW will rush through Div 3, no problem.

Thing is, we need to be able to react if players start getting tired or injuried. I don't think we need mass numbers of players, 3 or 4 are enough for me because I clearly want to see our young lads getting more involved (players like Witkorski, Cole, Kal Naismith, etc.)

That squad , even without Goian and Boca would get us to div 1 no problem. I don't think we need to much more tbh.

You're right mate.

Looking at it, I'd say if the 3 are all midfielders we will be absolutely fine at that, no more. Depending on nobody leaving of course.

Also, you have the versatility of players like Shiels, Little, McCulloch, Wallace, McKay which will ensure we have enough options.

If it's 3 on top of number we have then fine

However if we lose another 3 (which looks likely) then it needs to be 5 or 6

However I don't want us bringing players in for making up the numbers.

If we can't attract anyone else decent at the moment then fill the gaps with the youth.

I'm erring on the side of realism here.

my mate was talking to green before last nights game.

he told them there will be 3 more players coming.was quite clear.

i dont think its enough and would that be enough for 2 years.

we've seen players injured for 6 months or more.i think another 6 players or so.

Mr Black is guaranteed a few red cards this year so we will need cover for him.

I would like to say thank fuck he wont crock anymore of our players but Eggman might step out of line yet.

cause ally would sign another 20 players if he could but that wont happen will it.

he'll get told how many he can have.it wont be how much he really wants.

green says 3. thats looking like ally wont get what he wants.

understand?

Aye, 3 this week. There will be more. Are you worried?

I'm sure as well I read Witorski had been let go, could be wrong though.

Squad is decent, needs a bit more depth perhaps but if the youngsters can step up to the plate, assuming the soon to be defunct SPL don't bribe the SFL to reform the leagues and we take three years to get back amongst that shite, it gives these guys time to develop and we should have a decent squad growing up together.

We won't get the chance to play in SFL 2 next season, i think reconstruction is a certainty. We need a squad capable of playing SPL football.

my mate was talking to green before last nights game.

he told them there will be 3 more players coming.was quite clear.

i dont think its enough and would that be enough for 2 years.

we've seen players injured for 6 months or more.i think another 6 players or so.

He may have said 3 more players, but that doesn't mean that's it. 3 players he may know are interested in joining Rangers that Ally has pointed out. There may be a few more they are putting feelers out for.

Big Jig and Broadfoot aswell.

With the additions of Sandaza and Kyle, plus Little and Shiels can play up front, Lee could easily play in a holding midfield role or even in a back three. Looked shattered after half an hour on Tuesday (albeit we've not had a proper pre-season).

Think we certainly need a couple of wingers and backup for Wallace. Darren Cole should be enough cover in a back three or for Broadfoot. If Broadfoot leaves (please God, please) then maybe we'd need a replacement.

Admittedly I don't know much about the youngsters, but we do seem to have a good number of players - Gallacher in goal, Cole, Hegarty, Perry, Clarke in defence, Macleod, Crawford, Mitchell in midfield, Naismith, McKay, Hemmings up front

have to remember we are paying these players very good wages considering the Division etc so we must keep a close eye on finances. Unlike the SPL we should be able to run with a slightly smaller squad and we have already seen the impact that the likes of MacLeod & McKay can have at this level