3 new players says green

PaulReid

my mate was talking to green before last nights game.

he told them there will be 3 more players coming.was quite clear.

i dont think its enough and would that be enough for 2 years.

we've seen players injured for 6 months or more.i think another 6 players or so.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to get on his case if it's only another three players,it's only SFL3 and SFL2 and if it means more youngsters getting a chance I'm all for it.

when you put it like that i agree,and after last night we will walk both 3rd and 2nd once we're up to speed

when you put it like that i agree,and after last night we will walk both 3rd and 2nd once we're up to speed

That's why I don't think we should go mental,we've all been impressed by the quality brought in and we should piss these two leagues.

You've a point with injuries or suspensions but I'd rather put our boys in rather than having journeyman on the bench taking up more wages and potentially holding back the development of one of our kids.

Ally wanted 12 before Edu and Bedoya said they wanted to leave. I reckon between another 6 and 10 providing no oneelse wants to or does leave.

Probably a bit of bartering. Would imagine he didn't expect to get 12 players but if he asks for 12 then if he gets 8, he's done well. a bit like an auction, you don't start at the highest amount your willing to pay.

3 more players? Think we'd be alright, aslong as we also replace any further players who leave. We do still have a whole youth side who can supplement the team.

Even if we lose Goian and Boca from last night's side, that leaves you with 13 players + Hegarty, Perry, Cribari + 3 new signings = 19 players

Then add to this younger boys like Witorski, Crawford etc. Think we'd be absolutely fine.

Hope a couple of these players will be wide players though (tu)

Three first team quality players and I think we would be fairly comfortable. I know we are signing for two years, but next year all of the younger players will have had an additional season of regular or semi-regular football under their belts and they will be ready to play an even bigger role.

I personally can't see a huge number more coming in. Beattie may come in but apart from that I'd say the strikers are enough. Midfield is looking fairly strong, maybe someone needed who can play on the wing. Think a couple more defenders may be needed, especially if that's Boca's last game. A new keeper may be needed as well.

I understand the argument that we're not going to be able to sign someone for a year, but we can't exactly fill the squad with players that aren't completely necessary. The squad is taking shape, and a few players would put us in a good position.

With this transfer embargo on the way I'm a little concerned about the possibility of players leaving over the next couple of transfer windows. I'd like to see us stockpile promising youths, and make sure we have as good a coaching system in place as possible in order to generate talent, raise/save funds, and provide cover for the squad.

We don't need CB's even if Goian and Bocanegra leave we could use one more fullback though and most importantly a winger then last an attacking centre midfielder who likes to drive at the opposition defences that is more than enough do we fuck need 12 players the youth players have to be given a chance.

CB's if Goianegra leave

Emilson Cribari, Ross Perry, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Luca Gasparotto

there is absoloutley no need for anymore in the 3rd and 2nd divisions let's give our youth the oppertunity to shine.

I think another 3, maybe 4 would be fine if nobody else leaves bar Edu and Bedoya.

Alexander

Gallacher

Cole

Broadfoot

Perry

Goian

Bocanegra

Cribari

Hegarty

Wallace

*another left back?*

Mitchell

MacLeod

Black

Hutton

McKay

McCulloch

Shiels

Sandaza

Little

Naismith

Kyle

- I'm sure I've missed a midfielder, maybe not, so we could do with strengthening that area a wee bit more. Apart from that, as other youngsters are developing behind the scenes, think we should be okay without having to stretch our wage budget too far.

We don't need CB's even if Goian and Bocanegra leave we could use one more fullback though and most importantly a winger then last an attacking centre midfielder who likes to drive at the opposition defences that is more than enough do we fuck need 12 players the youth players have to be given a chance.

CB's if Goianegra leave

there is absoloutley no need for anymore in the 3rd and 2nd divisions let's give our youth the oppertunity to shine.

Big Jig and Broadfoot aswell.

CB's if Goianegra leave

I dont think there's anywhere near enough depth, quality or experience in that pool tbh. I'd be worried if that's what we were relying on for the next eighteen months, especially if we go back to a restructured top flight next season.

If Bocangra and Goian leave then we need another experienced centre half.

Probably a bit of bartering. Would imagine he didn't expect to get 12 players but if he asks for 12 then if he gets 8, he's done well. a bit like an auction, you don't start at the highest amount your willing to pay.

3 more players? Think we'd be alright, aslong as we also replace any further players who leave. We do still have a whole youth side who can supplement the team.

Even if we lose Goian and Boca from last night's side, that leaves you with 13 players + Hegarty, Perry, Cribari + 3 new signings = 19 players

Then add to this younger boys like Witorski, Crawford etc. Think we'd be absolutely fine.

Hope a couple of these players will be wide players though (tu)

(tu)

We need numbers badly, it's alright having a quality starting team but outwith that we have very little and you just can't rely on the same players playing 40 odd games a season.

Like some have said if there is re structuring in the future then we need depth and losing 20 odd and brining in less than 10 is not going to work for us imo.

Competition for places is still very important and keeps players on their toes.

Like many have said if its 3 first team players I think that's fine. Ideally in every game we should be trying to bleed at least 2/3 youngsters this season.

I appreciate we can't sign anyone for over a year but there is an argument that if we sign to many we could damage squad unity. Can't imagine the likes of black/sheils would be happy on the bench in the lower leagues.

Remember we can still register u18's so there is nothing to stop us scouring the continent and our own country and bringing in top youth prospects who would maybe see us as a chance to play regular 1st team football with the option to sell on the better ones down south for profit!

ally has a chance to do something here that no other rangers manager ever had.to build a young vibrant rangers team playing proper football from first team all the way down through the club.he mustn't clog the system up with has beens and never beens.dont go back to the days of bringing in chancers who are no better than some of our youth.i realise we need some experience to assist them but please no more ortiz/ bedoya/ beattie type players anymore.emphasis on young, fit, skilful, hungry players,and ones who have our club at heart preferably