Sellout Saturday

jdocherty72

12,887 at Hibs v Hearts. 7,363 short of a sell-out. Ground 64% full for a derby match. Capacity 20,250.

63%

Just saying like :)

Still a shocker for a match against your fierce rivals.

Just going by the fact that wikipedia list Easter Rd as capacity of 20,421

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total for the weekend was 40383.

More than our "official" attendance on Tuesday but I hear it was 38k tickets sold and the people in Club Deck were free in so it was about 43/44K

Att: 12,887 + total 27,496.00 = 40,383.

38,000 for the first round of the League Cup. Particularly as that’s now all-time record attendance.

Hang on, though – 38,000? There was hardly a spare seat inside Ibrox and the kick-off was delayed for 20 minutes to let the crowd in. <cr>

So I would say yes!!!! :uk:

so anyone know the Hibs attendance today? did all 5 games combined beat our midweek game?

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Ross County Attendance: 14010 Stadium Capacity: 22199

Dundee 0 - 2 St Mirren Attendance: 5984 Stadium Capacity: 11506

Inverness CT 1 - 1 Kilmarnock Attendance: 3012 Stadium Capacity: 7750

Motherwell 1 - 1 St Johnstone Attendance: 4490 Stadium Capacity: 13742

Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts Attendance: 12887 Stadium Capacity: 20421

Total Attendance: 40383 Combined Capacity: 75618

In short there were more in attendance over the FIVE games than our official attendance but who believes our official attendance? Even Charles Green knew it wasn't correct and made a joke of it. Looking at the total capacities of the stadiums its a pretty embarrassing turnout with almost as many empty seats as seats sold.

I think it will be interesting to look at the first half dozen games and compare the turnout (forecasted) to that of last years.

I am certain the figures will show a decline in numbers, not an increase

Absolutely spot on. With the Edinburgh derby there's only one at Easter Road to compare with from last season due the separation after the split.

Mon 2 January 2012, 12:15pm

Hibernian 1 - 3 Hearts Attendance: 15013

Sun 12 August 2012, 12:30pm

Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts Attendance: 12887

Can't argue with those figures although to be fair the school uniforms had to be bought this week.

Its a shame for those who use that excuse that we can argue that last season's game was just after Christmas (well I'm ALWAYS skint at that time) and its also in the middle of winter when it's fucking freezing.

Absolutely spot on. With the Edinburgh derby there's only one at Easter Road to compare with from last season due the separation after the split.

Mon 2 January 2012, 12:15pm

Hibernian 1 - 3 Hearts Attendance: 15013

Sun 12 August 2012, 12:30pm

Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts Attendance: 12887

Can't argue with those figures although to be fair the school uniforms had to be bought this week.

Its a shame for those who use that excuse that we can argue that last season's game was just after Christmas (well I'm ALWAYS skint at that time) and its also in the middle of winter when it's fucking freezing.

:lol:

Oh well I've heard wrong then. Just rumours

Raith Rovers with all their spouting pish has a crowd of 1,868. 18% full.

we were standing waiting to get in to the Broomloan when the clubdeck opened 10 minutes before kick off due to the large numbers, it was easily over 38k, when i spoke to mates in the pub after the game who were in the Enclosure they said they thought 38k was about right, i then said that was not right because the clubdeck was near full & they were like 'eh, the club deck was opened to?'

easily over 38k (tu)

Oh well I've heard wrong then. Just rumours

Raith Rovers with all their spouting pish has a crowd of 1,868. 18% full.

Only Airdrie in that division had a lower attendance. The keyboard warriors have deserted you Turnbull in your time of need.

they said pretty much the same when reporting the Brechin attendance, rubbish research imo, it dont take much finding out either does it? a 15 second google search will tell you the name of the ground and its capacity, lazy cunts.

Yeah i noticed they did it at the brechin game aswell. The thing is, its not about bad research, if they could the capacity of the other grounds, they knew damn fine the capacity of Peterhead, but they are engineering news to make us look bad. I remember there was not a second of news about the march,and the news that did report it said there was hardly anyone there. I was on it, there was easy 10,000 and some people were saying 2,000 etc, its a pathetic way to rewrite history and try to embarrass us, it annoys me but I know the bears who could get tickets turned out great to support our team and that is all that matters. :uk:

The Edinburgh Derby was over 2000 down on last season. Sellics flag day was over 9000 down on their previous flag day. Kille v Rangers would have been 3000 more than Kille v Dundee and St Mirren were 1000 light of the opening fixture last year.

The only ones bucking the trend are United and Aberdeen but my money is on it wont last.

(tu)

Really can't wait till next Saturday when the spl well and truly have their faces rubbed in it.

Sfl3 & Rangers getting biggest attendance in the Scotland by a country mile, looking at the spl fixtures can't see any that will get over the 10-12k mark, Ibrox will be 45,000 minimum. Might even be a few games in the EPL that don't even come near that kind of gate.

This will make headlines all round the world and will probably be totally unique in world football, the lowest league in the country getting the biggest gate which will be about 3 or 4 times bigger than what the top league could muster.

Really can't wait till next Saturday when the spl well and truly have their faces rubbed in it.

Sfl3 & Rangers getting biggest attendance in the Scotland by a country mile, looking at the spl fixtures can't see any that will get over the 10-12k mark, Ibrox will be 45,000 minimum. Might even be a few games in the EPL that don't even come near that kind of gate.

This will make headlines all round the world and will probably be totally unique in world football, the lowest league in the country getting the biggest gate which will be about 3 or 4 times bigger than what the top league could muster.

I can't see it happening - but if it does, I reckon there will more at Ibrox than the rest of Scottish (League) football put together.

My estimates :

Ross County - Celtic (5,500)

Hearts - Inverness CT (12,000)

Kilmarnock - Motherwell (5,000)

St. Johnstone - Aberdeen (4,500)

TOTAL = 27,000

If there are around 15,000 at the other 14 SFL games the total attendance in Scotland excluding the Rangers game will be around 42,000.

When it comes to the shite weather again and the teams aren't performing then do you honestly think they will sell even 1/2 the stadium

Idiots the lot of them

Oh , but the rodents case is they can't use condoms so have lots of kids to buy school uniforms this wk so next month they should be ok