Sellout Saturday

jdocherty72

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than 50% attendance - bloody lucky they asked for a good turnout....

stadium attendance capacity

aberdeen 14,010.00 22,199.00

dundee 5,984.00 11,856.00

inverness 3,012.00 7,753.00

motherwell 4,490.00 13,742.00

total 27,496.00 55,550.00

average attendance 49.50%

Compare the attendances with sell out Saturday (a day when the clubs made a conscious effort to sell out their ground to replace the loss of the Rangers fixture) with just a normal Saturday (or Sunday) when the Gers came to visit last season.

Aberdeen (SOS 14,010) [Gers 15,468]

Dundee (SOS 5,984) [Gers 9,404 and 9,876]

Inverness Caledonian Thistle (SOS 3,012) [Gers 6,623 and 6,416]

Motherwell (SOS 4,490) [Gers 10,092 and 9,063]

Kind of blows away this myth that there are thousands of home fans that stay away because Rangers (and Celtic) are visiting. In the case of Inverness and Motherwell the attendance was more than doubles when Rangers visited. The figures for Dundee were from the 2004-05 season, the last time they were in SPL.

(tu)

apparently only Peterhead V Rangers managed to sell out on the day of Aberdeen's Big idea 'Sell out saturday' :lol: :lol: :lol:

ironic eh? :rolleyes:

Ann ive seen the pictures at shiteoddrie.Even these pricks are resorting to lies about there crowd figures.Theres no way there was 14,000 in there ground with all those empty spaces

They asked for it, they got it. Seems the No to Newco cyber warriors preferred to stay behind a computer screen than get out and actually support the team they claim to support.

RANGERS will continue to show these muppets exactly what they are missing!

:shifty:

only joking pal . . . welcome aboard (tu)

Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to the new adventure we have. Also any opportunity we have to stick it to the so called top flight!SPL? They're having a laugh!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to the new adventure we have. Also any opportunity we have to stick it to the so called top flight!SPL? They're having a laugh!!!!!

Welcome and RM double post! first of manny!!! :uk:

I had come to the conclusion that all SPL sides would somehow survive the season, but now I am not so sure. The crowd at Inverness is desperate, and it would appear their crowds in recent times are consistently dreadful. They do not even own their own ground.

Inverness got me laughing. I've recently moved up to Kinloss with the Engineers and we have had it on our regimental orders that Inverness will be offering free tickets to several games over the course of the season 'sell fuck all Saturday' was included. A couple of mates were going to go until i enlightened them to the reason for the free tickets, they ended up going to watch Forres Mechanics instead :)

Inverness got me laughing. I've recently moved up to Kinloss with the Engineers and we have had it on our regimental orders that Inverness will be offering free tickets to several games over the course of the season 'sell fuck all Saturday' was included. A couple of mates were going to go until i enlightened them to the reason for the free tickets, they ended up going to watch Forres Mechanics instead :)

A very warm welcome to the area mate! Nice to hear more bears moving in as our numbers are not great. (tu)

so anyone know the Hibs attendance today? did all 5 games combined beat our midweek game?

Total for the weekend was 40383.

More than our "official" attendance on Tuesday but I hear it was 38k tickets sold and the people in Club Deck were free in so it was about 43/44K