Dundee Utd claim they haven't been paid

bluenose_72

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice how quickly Dundee Utd's claim that they hadn't been paid appeared on the BBC website compared to how tardy they were at reporting CG's statment that all Scottish Football debts had been paid?

When Charles Green made his statement it was on the STV website about 8 or 10 hours before it appeared on the BBC.

Yet when Dundee Utd made their claim it was on the BBC in a few nano seconds!

<cr> Call me paranoid if you like.....

Looks like the SPL stole our prize money and now cant settle the debt.

Liewell and Doncaster must have spent to much on there sky jaunt together.

Probably werent even at the SKY offices,, more likely just took our prize money and used it for a nice wee romantic weekend in the capital and took in the Olympics while they where there.

They will say the prize money is no longer due to Rangers because of liquidation. Money retained by SPL Ltd. This money will then be used to bail out clubs. Since writing this I see the SPL has cashflow problems (only just read headline - I'll need to go an read what they are on about).

They can't have it both ways, the debts carry over but the prize money doesn't?

That is never right

The fookin BBC are still at it!

While STV are running with the story (as of 13:06 today) that Rangers & the SPL are in dispute over the payments due to Dundee Utd, the totally unbiased and objective professionals (aye, right) at the BBC are still running the headline that proclaims "Dundee Utd still owed Gers cash"

To be fair, maybe their journalists can't type as quickly? :happy:

The fookin BBC are still at it!

While STV are running with the story (as of 13:06 today) that Rangers & the SPL are in dispute over the payments due to Dundee Utd, the totally unbiased and objective professionals (aye, right) at the BBC are still running the headline that proclaims "Dundee Utd still owed Gers cash"

To be fair, maybe their journalists can't type as quickly? :happy:

Its harder for them to type with Hoofs :crabflute:

Rangers insist the Scottish Premier League are to blame over an outstanding amount due from the club to Dundee United.

The Ibrox side waived any claim to £2.55m in prize money from the league for the 2011/12 season, as part of the agreement which saw them granted the transfer of the club's Scottish FA membership.

Rangers also agreed to settle all football debts, this week making payments to Celtic and Hearts. Responsibility for a circa £66,000 debt to Dundee United, relating to gate receipts from a Scottish Cup tie last campaign, was taken on by the Scottish FA and SPL, Charles Green believes.

STV has learned that half of the approximate £66,000 share of gate receipts was paid by the Scottish Football Association last season after money due to Rangers was diverted to Tannadice.

Dundee United though, issued a statement on Wednesday morning saying that they were yet to receive an amount, believed to be in the region of £31,000, following Rangers

chief executive Green's claim that all football debts had now been paid.

STV understands the SPL does not believe that there is a firm agreement to make the remaining payment. However, the amount remains unpaid and Rangers have reiterated that they have a written agreement with the SPL for the league to pay United from prize money from the 2011/12 season.

The agreement was clarified in a letter, the wording of which has been obtained by STV, sent by SPL secretary Iain Blair to Rangers on May 18 this year.

It read: "The Board of the Scottish Premier League Ltd considered the application by Dundee United that the outstanding sum due by Rangers to Dundee United of £31,031.20 be offset against the next sums due to Rangers by SPL Ltd, with the offset sum being paid to Dundee United.

"The board decided to accede the application to Dundee United and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to Rangers, and the sum will be paid by the SPL Ltd to Dundee United."

Should agreement not be reached over payment then the Scottish FA could be asked to act as arbitrators by Dundee United.

"The board decided to accede the application to Dundee United and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to Rangers"

What is this sum of money for? I appreciate I've come in at the arse end of the thread but why are SPL making payments to us?

"The board decided to accede the application to Dundee United and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to Rangers"

What is this sum of money for? I appreciate I've come in at the arse end of the thread but why are SPL making payments to us?

DU are still due £31k from the cup game at Ibrox. The SFA paid the other £35k due but SPL were supposed to pay it to DU presumably from our prize money last season. They obviously haven't done this and it looks like we are heading towards another dispute with the SPL. They agreed to pay it but I guess with their cash flow problems they are saying since we are newco they ain't paying it or some bollocks like that.

Anyone for a "patsy"

STV has obtained the wording of a letter believed to have been sent by the Scottish Premier League to Rangers on May 18, 2012.

In the correspondence, the SPL agrees to meet a debt owed by Rangers to Dundee United, totaling just over £31,000, taken from competition money due to the Ibrox club for finishing second in the league in the 2011/12 season.

The letter, from SPL secretary Iain Blair, read: "The Board of the Scottish Premier League Ltd considered the application by Dundee United that the outstanding sum due by Rangers to Dundee United of £31,031.20 be offset against the next sums due to Rangers by SPL Ltd, with the offset sum being paid to Dundee United.

"The board decided to accede the application to Dundee United and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to Rangers, and the sum will be paid by the SPL Ltd to Dundee United."

:rolleyes:

:uk:

RANGERS Football club has today released the following statement.

Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green said: “As previously stated, Rangers Football Club can confirm it has paid all outstanding debts to Scottish football clubs, in addition to agreeing to waive all claims to unpaid fees accrued last season, as part of the Five Party Agreement which was a condition of SFA membership.

“A letter from the SPL to the Club - dated 18 May 2012 - stated ‘The Board decided to accede to the application of Dundee Utd and accordingly, the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Limited to Rangers and the sum will be paid by the SPL Limited to Dundee Utd.’

“Why the SPL have not paid Dundee Utd the outstanding sum as previously agreed is a question that they need to answer.

"We wrote to Dundee Utd on Monday explaining the SPL had previously confirmed they would pay it.

“I spoke to Stewart Regan and his solicitor this morning and provided them with copies of all relevant documentation.”

sauce

DU are still due £31k from the cup game at Ibrox. The SFA paid the other £35k due but SPL were supposed to pay it to DU presumably from our prize money last season. They obviously haven't done this and it looks like we are heading towards another dispute with the SPL. They agreed to pay it but I guess with their cash flow problems they are saying since we are newco they ain't paying it or some bollocks like that.

(tu)

I still can't work out what the SPL were going to pay us for if we had agreed to waive our right to the prize money. The SFA would pay Scottish Cup gate money to teams.

If the SPL were going to make a payment to us (before DU piped up) then how can they now start backtracking and use the oldco argument.

I'm quite sure the Liquidators will be interested in these letters.

D&P will have the letters as they were running the club at the time. They will have provided them to BDO.

The new holding company may have waived a right to the prize money but they were not entitled to it anyway. Does anyone actually believe D&P or BDO will have waived rights to that money for creditors?

D&P will have the letters as they were running the club at the time. They will have provided them to BDO.

The new holding company may have waived a right to the prize money but they were not entitled to it anyway. Does anyone actually believe D&P or BDO will have waived rights to that money for creditors?

I do hope not, but some of D&Ps decisions were a touch odd, but that might just be me.

If the admins/liquidators could sink the SPL, I think I'd just about die laughing.

I do hope not, but some of D&Ps decisions were a touch odd, but that might just be me.

If the admins/liquidators could sink the SPL, I think I'd just about die laughing.

What incentive would there be for D&P to sign away a claim on that money? They would be in breach of their legal duty.

D&P with Green attempted a CVA, it failed. As a result the old holding company's assets were sold to Green's consortium and liquidators were appointed. Their duty is to recover all monies owed to the old holding company to be distributed to creditors before winding up the old holding company.