Dundee Utd claim they haven't been paid

bluenose_72

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Charles Green laid the blame of non-payment of monies to Dundee United at the door of the SPL on Monday. Comment sought from the league.

and SURPEISE SURPRISE the SPhelL are having cash flow problems, the SFL teams have not been paid by the SPhelL either, wrotten organisation with wrotten to the core members, only salvation for Scottish Football is for this cancer on the game to be cut out and left to wither and die in the pathologists pickle jar

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

#SPL and #Rangers in dispute over who pays #DundeeUnited. RFC say deal in place with SPL for them to settle. SPL think deal was with oldco.

Well we took the punishments that the oldco incurred, so they can't have it both ways. Corrupt cunts.

Today's events are fascinating. Not paying money due (either to us or oldco) and keeping it. Going back on a deal to pass this on to Dundee united. Not paying the SFL money due.

I expect a statement from the club and, confidentiality clauses permitting, I would welcome the publication of the agreement we signed. This issue really should be simple to resolve.

Today's events are fascinating. Not paying money due (either to us or oldco) and keeping it. Going back on a deal to pass this on to Dundee united. Not paying the SFL money due.

I expect a statement from the club and, confidentiality clauses permitting, I would welcome the publication of the agreement we signed. This issue really should be simple to resolve.

That's just exactly what I was thinking. Quite spooky in fact.

I wasn't aware the £2.55M was waived. I knew the newco wouldn't get it and it seems my worse fears are coming true - it being used to bail out SPL clubs including those not owed any money by Rangers. One thing I do know - the money to the SFL comes out the commercial pot before the remainder gets distributed to SPL clubs.

STV has obtained the wording of letter sent by SPL to Rangers, in which league agreed to pay Dundee Utd. See it here: http://bit.ly/RUGH8S

"The board decided to accede the application to Dun U and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to

Rangers, and the sum will be paid by the SPL Ltd to Dundee United."

If Rangers waived any right to prize money as part of the licence agreement - then surely Dundee United are going to have a long wait for the next payment the SPL Ltd makes to Rangers to then be offset and paid to them?

Rangers and SPL in dispute over unpaid Dundee United ticket money

STV 15 August 2012 13:06 BST

Charles Green claims to have settled all Scottish football debts Rangers owed.

Rangers insist the Scottish Premier League are to blame over an outstanding amount due from the club to Dundee United.

The Ibrox side waived any claim to £2.55m in prize money from the league for the 2011/12 season, as part of the agreement which saw them granted the transfer of the club's Scottish FA membership.

Rangers also agreed to settle all football debts, this week making payments to Celtic and Hearts. Responsibility for a circa £66,000 debt to Dundee United, relating to gate receipts from a Scottish Cup tie last campaign, was taken on by the Scottish FA and SPL, Charles Green believes.

STV has learned that half of the approximate £66,000 share of gate receipts was paid by the Scottish Football Association last season after money due to Rangers was diverted to Tannadice.

Dundee United though, issued a statement on Wednesday morning saying that they were yet to receive an amount, believed to be in the region of £31,000, following Rangers chief executive Green's claim that all football debts had now been paid.

STV understands the SPL does not believe that there is a firm agreement to make the remaining payment. However, the amount remains unpaid and Rangers have reiterated that they have a written agreement with the SPL for the league to pay United from prize money from the 2011/12 season.

The agreement was clarified in a letter, the wording of which has been obtained by STV, sent by SPL secretary Iain Blair to Rangers on May 18 this year.

It read: "The Board of the Scottish Premier League Ltd considered the application by Dundee United that the outstanding sum due by Rangers to Dundee United of £31,031.20 be offset against the next sums due to Rangers by SPL Ltd, with the offset sum being paid to Dundee United.

"The board decided to accede the application to Dundee United and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to Rangers, and the sum will be paid by the SPL Ltd to Dundee United."

Should agreement not be reached over payment then the Scottish FA could be asked to act as arbitrators by Dundee United.

Doncaster you laying :wanker::angry:

That's just exactly what I was thinking. Quite spooky in fact.

I wasn't aware the £2.55M was waived. I knew the newco wouldn't get it and it seems my worse fears are coming true - it being used to bail out SPL clubs including those not owed any money by Rangers. One thing I do know - the money to the SFL comes out the commercial pot before the remainder gets distributed to SPL clubs.

As ever after everything that has been thrown in our direction the one thing that cannot hurt us now is the truth.

As I said earlier my understanding is the SPL deliberately allowed misinformation to be spread regarding tv contracts. I am watching my words here but the only people who can disprove the SPL spin are the tv companies and why would they feel the need to state they had paid less than was reported?

Can't say i take a huge amount of pleasure in Scottish football committing suicide but there ain't much we can do. They made their decisions.

As ever after everything that has been thrown in our direction the one thing that cannot hurt us now is the truth.

As I said earlier my understanding is the SPL deliberately allowed misinformation to be spread regarding tv contracts. I am watching my words here but the only people who can disprove the SPL spin are the tv companies and why would they feel the need to state they had paid less than was reported?

Can't say i take a huge amount of pleasure in Scottish football committing suicide but there ain't much we can do. They made their decisions.

Can you do me a favour - can you edit your post and in the bit you've quoted by me, change the "new" to "knew" ("I new the newco wouldn't get it").

STV has obtained the wording of letter sent by SPL to Rangers, in which league agreed to pay Dundee Utd. See it here: http://bit.ly/RUGH8S

"The board decided to accede the application to Dun U and accordingly the sum will be withheld from the next sum payable by the SPL Ltd to

Rangers, and the sum will be paid by the SPL Ltd to Dundee United."

No need for an apology i'm sure. Misunderstanding happen eh.