Dundee Utd claim they haven't been paid

bluenose_72

What incentive would there be for D&P to sign away a claim on that money? They would be in breach of their legal duty.

D&P with Green attempted a CVA, it failed. As a result the old holding company's assets were sold to Green's consortium and liquidators were appointed. Their duty is to recover all monies owed to the old holding company to be distributed to creditors before winding up the old holding company.

I've no idea as I said, but this is excellent news. Let's see if BDO do what they should.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea as I said, but this is excellent news. Let's see if BDO do what they should.

Also of note is that fact the SPL confirmed on 18th May they would pay the money to Dundee Hibs. This money would therefore be struck off our creditors list. That letter would be deemed to be legally binding under Scots Law.

Dundee Hibs have released a statement saying they haven't been paid the money from the Scottish Cup game at Ibrox.

send a few moscow dynamo lads round to these dundee utd cunts for the £1.3 million of debt they owe just now.

i hear these russian blokes can be quite "persuasive" if their last visit to tannadump was anything to go by

Also of note is that fact the SPL confirmed on 18th May they would pay the money to Dundee Hibs. This money would therefore be struck off our creditors list. That letter would be deemed to be legally binding under Scots Law.

So if we, or DH wanted, we could challenge the SPL in court over non-payment of debts?

So if we, or DH wanted, we could challenge the SPL in court over non-payment of debts?

I would believe that to be the case.

Dundee Hibs have been very quiet on this and I suspect they have in their possession a letter from the SPL dating back to May confirming the SPL would be paying them the money directly from the prize money due to the old holding company of Rangers.

This sort of thing would come out in the discovery process if it went to trial.

Dundee Hibs have been very quiet on this and I suspect they have in their possession a letter from the SPL dating back to May confirming the SPL would be paying them the money directly from the prize money due to the old holding company of Rangers.

But they're quick to imply that Rangers are in the wrong.

D&P will have the letters as they were running the club at the time. They will have provided them to BDO.

The new holding company may have waived a right to the prize money but they were not entitled to it anyway. Does anyone actually believe D&P or BDO will have waived rights to that money for creditors?

It was included as part of the deal to get our licence though so the SPL must recognise it as ours.

Surely it's their problem now.

So why the hurry for DH to blame us, aside from being snidey fucks?

But they're quick to imply that Rangers are in the wrong.

True but two factors come into play:

Thomson hates us.

They are members of the SPL which is financially struggling.

It is in both Dundee Hibs and the SPL's mindset to try and screw us over at every turn. It will be interesting to see the five party agreement. If it lists out all the football debt we agreed to pay and Dundee Hibs are on there then the SPL will have a case. If however it does not list out all football debts then we will have the stronger case. Given Green's robust response I suspect it is the latter.

I also suspect this is nothing more than the SPL trying to deflect from the fact they don't have the cash flow to pay it.

Fun and games ahead, what price the SFL having to sue the SPL in order to get the monies contractually due to it?

It was included as part of the deal to get our licence though so the SPL must recognise it as ours.

Surely it's their problem now.

We don't actually know what that agreement says.

They may have asked Green to waive a claim on that money but that in no way detracts from the fact the money is due to the old holding company. Green does not own the old holding company so he cannot have signed away their claim on the money.

What's the betting that the spl have found out that the liquidators of the old holding company are going to chase them for illegaly holding onto monies which should be in the creditors pot.

This may be why they're reluctant to pay the debt ?

If so 30k would be a small price to pay to keep our prize money out of the hands of these bigoted clubs, I would rather it went to the creditors.

I also suspect this is nothing more than the SPL trying to deflect from the fact they don't have the cash flow to pay it.

Fun and games ahead, what price the SFL having to sue the SPL in order to get the monies contractually due to it?

If the SPL don't have a spare, trifling sum like £30/k or so in the bank then they really are in the shitter.

And why is the BBC listing a payment of £83k as due to Dunfermline when the RFFF paid this long ago?

Did the SFA impose the following conditions on membership.

1. Waive prize money from previous season.

2. Pay outstanding football debts.

Why would SPL be giving us money this season? I don't see how it can be money from Scottish cup gate because that is SFA remit.

How the fuck can SPL now claim agreement was with old company if they were going to make a payment to the new holding company (before DH started crying)?

Did we not agree to waive SPL prize money so it could be used to pay outstanding oldco debts?

I can't make sense of it.

That would be an interesting tactic by them. They have committed in writing to pay it prior to the old holding company being liquidated.

The deal wasn't even done with Rangers. Dundee Utd asked the SPL to pay them the money, off set against money the SPL would be due to Rangers. The SPL agreed to do so.

To me that means the SPL now owe Dundee Utd the money. Dundee Utd must know that's the case because they asked for it to happen ! Why they've even asked Rangers for the money is beyond me.

The deal wasn't even done with Rangers. Dundee Utd asked the SPL to pay them the money, off set against money the SPL would be due to Rangers. The SPL agreed to do so.

To me that means the SPL now owe Dundee Utd the money. Dundee Utd must know that's the case because they asked for it to happen ! Why they've even asked Rangers for the money is beyond me.

Excellent point.

It makes you wonder if the SPL have handled any of this saga competently at all.

If the SPL don't have a spare, trifling sum like £30/k or so in the bank then they really are in the shitter.

And why is the BBC listing a payment of £83k as due to Dunfermline when the RFFF paid this long ago?

Good to have you back Mo, not seen you about in ages.

£30k is trifling to the majestic Rangers but to the SPL it is a decent sum of money.

The BBC reporting in this case just proves how poor their journalism is.

If this is to simplistic then I'm sorry, but

CWs Rangers (ia) owe money to other Scottish clubs.

D&P are the people who pay that money to creditors.

The SFA withheld last years prize money, £2.55m, to pay these depts to Scottish clubs through the administrators, D&P.

CGs Rangers agreed to pay the dept of CWs to other clubs , after being blackmailed,just to get a licence for Rangers. The SFA said " OK, here's your licence".

CG pays the dept. The SFA now say that the agreement was with the CW Rangers and no money has been, or will be paid to any club on behalf of Rangers, CWs!!!

Where the fuck is the £2.55m then you corrupt fucking scumbags? Bailing out other corrupt clubs who have been blinded by keyboard warriors, self important chairmen, and bigoted members of your corrupt fuck-up of an organisation.

Your day will come. :wanker::wanker::wanker:

Rant over. For the moment.

We don't actually know what that agreement says.

They may have asked Green to waive a claim on that money but that in no way detracts from the fact the money is due to the old holding company. Green does not own the old holding company so he cannot have signed away their claim on the money.

Duff & Phelps have backed off and it's Charles Green who acts on their behalf since he took over, so I suppose it's possible the SFA got him to waive the winnings on behalf of Rangers both oldco and newco to get the SFA membership.

I don't understand why the SPL agreed to pay the money to Dundee in the first place, isn't the cup run by the SFA?