Dundee Utd claim they haven't been paid

bluenose_72

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As Green stated "It was frustrating to be informed by the SFA several days after they received the funds that they did not wish to be a ‘clearing house’ and in fact wanted us to settle the debts directly. Arrangements were then put in place by the club.’

Dundee Hibs know the money was deposited with the SFA and returned. They know they will be paid. Just another bit of mischief making and another example of an SPL club trying to extract the urine.

Cheers mate (tu)

I would welcome a full statement from the club on this. As others have stated we do appear to have a situation where money was with held by the spl to pay football debts but it seems that has not happened.

It strikes me that money was surely legally due to oldco or more accurately their creditors. It is not for the SPL to with hold monies and decide to give preferential treatment to their members. Presumably the SPL have detailed rules but even so can that possibly over rule insolvency legislation?

Regardless I am confused as to why this money has not already been paid Dundee united. No doubt I have missed something here because withholding money and expecting the club to pay would be a double punishment and that isn't the sort of thing anyone at either football authority would be seeking to engineer is it?

So you hate them because we haven't paid them money which we owe them? Can't see the logic in that.

There is money owed to Celtic as well - have they came out with a statement saying they haven't been paid? No - they will have been on to SFA (like Dundee Utd) and clarified the situation. But Dundee United still go ahead and make this statement knowing it will stir up trouble. They know the money will have been returned to Rangers by the SFA.

Hearts are also owed money but that is slightly different.

I would welcome a full statement from the club on this. As others have stated we do appear to have a situation where money was with held by the spl to pay football debts but it seems that has not happened.

It strikes me that money was surely legally due to oldco or more accurately their creditors. It is not for the SPL to with hold monies and decide to give preferential treatment to their members. Presumably the SPL have detailed rules but even so can that possibly over rule insolvency legislation?

Regardless I am confused as to why this money has not already been paid Dundee united. No doubt I have missed something here because withholding money and expecting the club to pay would be a double punishment and that isn't the sort of thing anyone at either football authority would be seeking to engineer is it?

This money could be being retained by SPL for distribution to its member clubs. Added to the commercial pot to make up the for the reduced amount from Sky.

This money could be being retained by SPL for distribution to its member clubs. Added to the commercial pot to make up the for the reduced amount from Sky.

They can't do that. There has to be some illegality if they take our prize money and split it up to its member clubs. This money was taken for payment of football debts, not to cover the fucking sfa,s shortfall.

Corrupt to the core.

Where did u read this?

As a condition of receiving Rangers’ membership of the Scottish FA, Green’s company had to agree to settle all outstanding debts to other Scottish clubs and teams around Europe still owed money.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/149333-rangers-settle-500000-debt-to-celtic-hearts-and-scottish-fa/

We should not have allowed then to dictate like that.........I said so at the time and the same thing now..........should have whisked them back into court and just produced the statement from HMRC when they said that the new limited company was from from any form of debt or litigation that belonged to the limited company that is still currently in administration.

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war

As a condition of receiving Rangers’ membership of the Scottish FA, Green’s company had to agree to settle all outstanding debts to other Scottish clubs and teams around Europe still owed money.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/149333-rangers-settle-500000-debt-to-celtic-hearts-and-scottish-fa/

thanks i had missed the part where it said the sfa sent it back, fuckers wont lift a finger to help is......clearing house...what a joke. All they had to do was write out 3 or 4 cheques.

They can't do that. There has to be some illegality if they take our prize money and split it up to its member clubs. This money was taken for payment of football debts, not to cover the fucking sfa,s shortfall.

Corrupt to the core.

They will say the prize money is no longer due to Rangers because of liquidation. Money retained by SPL Ltd. This money will then be used to bail out clubs. Since writing this I see the SPL has cashflow problems (only just read headline - I'll need to go an read what they are on about).

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

#SPL and #Rangers in dispute over who pays #DundeeUnited. RFC say deal in place with SPL for them to settle. SPL think deal was with oldco.

So if i understand this correctly - they withheld our prize money from last year to settle the debts but are now wanting Rangers to settle the debts but are not giving us the prize money we were due? So how is the prize money used - SPL just keeping it for themselves to cover their OWN shortfall??

doesn't make sense - i hope Green speaks out again to clarify.

So if i understand this correctly - they withheld our prize money from last year to settle the debts but are now wanting Rangers to settle the debts but are not giving us the prize money we were due? So how is the prize money used - SPL just keeping it for themselves to cover their OWN shortfall??

doesn't make sense - i hope Green speaks out again to clarify.

Ok - if it was won by the oldco - pay the prizemoney to Duff and Phelps and that can go towards creditors. But they won't do that. It is being used to bail out their own clubs. Just when we though things were turning in Rangers favour they bring this up.

Someone has a lot of explaining to do regarding the Sky deal.

I'm prolly in the minority here but i actually don't hate Celtic,my wife supports them and watch then on TV occasionally but Dumpdee and the sheepshaggers-Effing despise them.

Money grabbing ,devious cunts the lot of them.

Administration beckons ya tossers

From STV

Rangers insist the Scottish Premier League are to blame over an outstanding amount due from the club to Dundee United.

The Ibrox side waived any claim to £2.55m in prize money from the league for the 2011/12 season, as part of the agreement which saw them granted the transfer of the club's Scottish FA membership.

Rangers also agreed to settle all football debts, this week making payments to Celtic and Hearts. Responsibility for a circa £66,000 debt to Dundee United, relating to gate receipts from a Scottish Cup tie last campaign, was taken on by the Scottish FA and SPL, Charles Green believes.

STV has learned that half of the approximate £66,000 share of gate receipts was paid by the Scottish Football Association last season after money due to Rangers was diverted to Tannadice.

Dundee United though, issued a statement on Wednesday morning saying that they were yet to receive an amount, believed to be in the region of £31,000, following Rangers chief executive Green's claim that all football debts had now been paid.

STV understands the SPL does not believe that there is a firm agreement to make the remaining payment. However, the amount remains unpaid and Rangers have reiterated that they have a written agreement with the SPL for the league to pay United from prize money from the 2011/12 season.

Should agreement not be reached over payment then the Scottish FA could be asked to act as arbitrators by Dundee United.