weird football facts

One of the greatest football rivalrys is Boca Juniors v River Plate and in the early days they both played in the same colours,so they decided on a playoff to determine who could wear white.River won the game and so Boca s founding members stated they would go down to the riverfront and the next boat docking would be their colours The boat docked was flying the Swedish flag hence their colours

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend, who is half-Swedish and proud of it, but also a lifelong River Plate fan who despises Boca, is deeply irritated by this :lol: Especially when Boca came up with this.

78367_251828.jpg

Mate I have watched River at the Monumental on numerous occasions in the 90s fucking love them

Mate I have watched River at the Monumental on numerous occasions in the 90s fucking love them

My girlfriend has never had the pleasure yet and I said I'd love to go with her and she said if they lost she would always associate me with the memory and hate me forever.

Women :lol:

WAS RONALDO ORIGINALLY CALLED RONALDINHO?

"I found a video of a young Ronaldo scoring for Brazil at the 1996 Olympics, yet he is called Ronaldinho by the commentator Clive Tyldesley and has Ronaldinho on the back of his shirt. What's that all about?" asks James Lewis.

There was more than one Ronaldo long before Cristiano came on the scene. When Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima first emerged at Cruzeiro and PSV Eindhoven there was already another Ronaldo in the Brazil squad, Ronaldo Rodrigues de Jesus. He became known as Ronaldão (Big Ronaldo) and the younger Ronaldo – the one who went to achieve greatness – became known as Ronaldinho. He kept that name for the 1996 Olympics, when he was in the squad alongside a third Ronaldo, the defender Ronaldo Guiaro.

When Ronaldão and Ronaldo Guiaro stopped playing international football, Ronaldinho became Ronaldo – just in time for a fourth Ronaldo to emerge: Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, or Ronaldinho Gaúcho as we came to know him at PSG, Barcelona and Milan.

Fiorentina once had to withdraw their away kit before it had ever been worn because it contained images of swastikas.

Fiorentina-away-kit-005.jpg

I came across this before, makes you wonder what the people, who came up with the kit were thinking and how they didn't notice, cause once you see the swastikas (not very hard to do), you can't unsee them.