91000 Viewers for SPL Showcase Opener

lathos

Just looked at the official viewing figures for the Spectacular SPL (The Top Division in Scotland) Showpiece opener to the Football season. 91000 viewers for The League Champions against The Mighty Aberdeen. Ok Ok my Sarcasm aint that good, but surely that is shocking ratings. These are the games that Sky are relying on to keep the interest going, any involving Celtic should be their bankers surely....what they gonna get when its Ross County vs Hibs....The game was beaten by WWE smackdown and Superleague rugby, for a week when there was no other football on sky sports 2, 13000 less than the rugby......surely Sky will be taking note of these shocking figures. Would luv to know what the BBC Alba viewing figures were but cant find them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

91000 AINT going to interest the sponsors or the advertisers

When we play them the viewing number is around 700000 The average figure for our games is around 135000 so 50% more and this was a showcase game FFS.

The SPL is dying on its arse.

And for the reccord.

I ve seen it metioned that our crowd on Saturday was greater than the combined total at all other SPL games played that day.

While true its not quite the whole story.

The combined SPL Div 1 Div 2 Div 3 came to just over 45000.

So more people watched Rangers than the total for EVERY senior game in the country.

But you know what? the phannies still think they can live without us. :D

When we play them the viewing number is around 700000 The average figure for our games is around 135000 so 50% more and this was a showcase game FFS.

And for the reccord.

I ve seen it metioned that our crowd on Saturday was greater than the combined total at all other SPL games played that day.

So more people watched Rangers than the total for EVERY senior game in the country.

Nice 00000042.gif

And for the reccord.

Your right they cannot live without us,

Why do you think the SPL are keeping back the figures for the TV deal ? I am of the opinion that it is not good news, because if it was, they would be shouting it from the rooftops

Just looked at the official viewing figures for the Spectacular SPL (The Top Division in Scotland) Showpiece opener to the Football season. 91000 viewers for The League Champions against The Mighty Aberdeen. Ok Ok my Sarcasm aint that good, but surely that is shocking ratings. These are the games that Sky are relying on to keep the interest going, any involving Celtic should be their bankers surely....what they gonna get when its Ross County vs Hibs....The game was beaten by WWE smackdown and Superleague rugby, for a week when there was no other football on sky sports 2, 13000 less than the rugby......surely Sky will be taking note of these shocking figures. Would luv to know what the BBC Alba viewing figures were but cant find them.

Alba figures..............200 Hectors.........125 Angus..........6 Morags............10 Collies10310.gif

Where are these tv viewing figures available from?

I wouldn't mind keeping track of these figures as the season progresses.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weekly-top-programmes?

gives you all programmes, movie channels, sports channels etc, Barb are the official viewing figure source. Only gives you top 10s though, so if they fall out of that, which can be expected when the EPL games kick in they probably wont appear.

I thought it was 306,000 watched Rangers v Hearts.

fuhaf.jpg

Might be right, i was looking for the same game at the same time last year as the Celtic Aberdeen this year, but season started at a diffrent time last year so my dates would be out

The peterhead game was 166,000 according to that site. Some difference!

Just seen that one psml how embarassing......even more so for Aberdeen people would rather watch Peterhead take on an old firm team than watch them......classic

So let's see so far we have

166,000 Peterhead v Rangers (Third Division)

91,000 Penn State v Aberdeen (SPL)

25,000 Hibs v Hearts (SPL)

16,000 Dundee United v Hibs (SPL)

Or - more have watched one Third Division game than three SPL games (one of which was a flag raiser).

So let's see so far we have

166,000 Peterhead v Rangers (Third Division)

91,000 Penn State v Aberdeen (SPL)

25,000 Hibs v Hearts (SPL)

16,000 Dundee United v Hibs (SPL)

Or - more have watched one Third Division game than three SPL games (one of which was a flag raiser).

Gotta luv Rangers supporters right now havent you......Oh i suppose we should also thank the Peterhead fans as well......Bob and Shamus Thank you

We shall see how this pans out over the season but the first "big" game is already 215,000 down on the same type of fixture (flag raiser) last season.

Look at the Old Firm games from last season

851,000 (28/12/2011) Celtic v Rangers

624,000 (18/09/2011) Rangers v Celtic

608,000 (25/03/2012) Rangers v Celtic

454,000 (29/04/2012) Celtic v Rangers

They're not going to have anywhere near those figures.

They (SPL) better hope the rumour "one year deal with an option for a further four years" isn't true because Sky are going to look at the viewing figures and reduce the deal even further. What's the chances of there not being a clause in there that lets them walk - if they had a clause for four Old Firm games in the previous deal.

Talking of Sky deals - tick tock till the transfer window closes - still no sign of the money?

Thing is, it's barely even funny now, it's just plain fucking tragic.

70k more watched a Division Three game than watched the unfurling of the Premier League flag? It's almost too embarrassing to even joke about last night.

Mind you, I wonder how many of the Peterhead games viewers were the great unwashed sitting with the volume up, and the notebook out, waiting to hear something that offended them...

Thing is, it's barely even funny now, it's just plain fucking tragic.

70k more watched a Division Three game than watched the unfurling of the Premier League flag? It's almost too embarrassing to even joke about last night.

Mind you, I wonder how many of the Peterhead games viewers were the great unwashed sitting with the volume up, and the notebook out, waiting to hear something that offended them...

I thought they were all off out to support Sell-Out Saturday on that day :rolleyes: