The Players Who Walked Away: Traitors? Or History Makers?

DarcheVinny

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not expect them to stay as I stated in an earlier post.

They used there wage drop to negotiate a minimum release cause not helping the club but themselves.

They helped the club stay afloat by dropping 75% of there wages, the club may not have been able to fufill the remaining fixtures if they didn't

For me the question is would I like any of them to pop round to mine for a cup of tea? Would I enjoy talking to them? No, I wouldn't. Despite taking a wage cut (which they could all afford and it did have a get out clause) there is no place in my heart for any of them now.

:lol:

Absolute pish.

1. Did they all do in depth Q and A's with their new chairmen? Asking for the ins and outs of their company that runs the football club? I would bet heavily on them not. However, that's conjecture so I'll move on from that to the next point.

2. Plenty of them did change over. Plenty of whom are foreigners and actually haven't got as good an understanding of what Rangers Football Club means to the fans as the players who left did. Did guys like Edu, Goian or Bedoya need a phonecall from Charles Green to transfer over? Did they fuck. Rangers *should* have meant far more to someone like Naismith than we did to someone like Edu. Charles Greens input shouldn't have mattered one bit, because, and this leads me onto point 3 which I have already touched on in the original post.

3. I would have remained with my place of work, knowing I had a contract and an escape route written into the terms of my contract should it go tits up. This escape route completely null and voids ANY argument you could possibly construct about Charles Greens intentions or lack of communication because if they actually planned to stay and then discovered Charles Greens consortium were the devil incarnate they need only have a club invoke their release clauses (which were pennies compared to their actual value) and they could leave easily while still earning the club a few pennies. So whether they actually intended to remain, or whether they just transferred over to earn us some cash, they still would have moved on and would have got our blessings. How does Charles Green giving them a phone call affect this?

Apologies if you don't believe staff should show some form of loyalty to the company that saved this club, the club that some of them claimed to support since childhood. To me, you have to give some kind of loyalty to the man (and consortium) who saved us from oblivion. Who put up when other "Rangers men" fannied about trying to get us for the lowest possible price..

Will rep this when i get home. Great post

At least we know if Edu cant get a decent move then he'll stay

The other cunts? Nah no history with the "newco" (Whitakers words not mine)

And we will get a decent amount for Edu

AFAIK his release clause is around 300k. Which would cover a new players wages for about a year.

Definite traitors.

They have shown they have no loyalty or decency and there must never be any talk of bringing them back.

Their actions could have killed the club, making them no better than Murray or Whyte.

Fans would have given them their blessing if they'd joined Rangers and then transferred out, making some money for the club.

Unfortunately these bastards chased the cash and screwed the club over.

By their actions, they have erased everything they did while at the club.

Definite traitors.

They have shown they have no loyalty or decency and there must never be any talk of bringing them back.

Their actions could have killed the club, making them no better than Murray or Whyte.

Fans would have given them their blessing if they'd joined Rangers and then transferred out, making some money for the club.

Unfortunately these bastards chased the cash and screwed the club over.

By their actions, they have erased everything they did while at the club.

:clap: Sums it up for me - excellent post. (tu)

They helped the club stay afloat by dropping 75% of there wages, the club may not have been able to fufill the remaining fixtures if they didn't

Yes and THEIR wage returned to normal, had they transferred, their wage would have also been at the original contract terms. They would then have been able to leave at the agreed transfer fee.

To me it boils down to the fact they chose not to transfer their contracts because they would receive more money as a signing on fee with their new club, nothing more nothing less.

Hardly the act of die hard fans is it?

Yes and THEIR wage returned to normal, had they transferred, their wage would have also been at the original contract terms. They would then have been able to leave at the agreed transfer fee.

To me it boils down to the fact they chose not to transfer their contracts because they would receive more money as a signing on fee with their new club, nothing more nothing less.

Hardly the act of die hard fans is it?

Agree 100%

The sacrifice the players made was more than made up with the reduced transfer fees they negotiated.

Yet they feck off without even getting Rangers that reduced fee - Traitors.

Lee Wallace stayed, Jig, Perry, Little and others. No time for any of these guys -- footballing memories or not. They left us and essentially showed their ignorance when doing so.

Now, Boca might also leave -- as Big Dorin -- but they have done things the correct way -- and we expected no loyalty from foreign guys whatsoever (imho). I think that's what hurts the most here. The guys that should have known what this is club is all about.. the guys that are self proclaimed Rangers men and so on.. basically told us to GTF.

Of course, giving up their salary (for a short time), was appreciated. But in the larger picture, they clearly missed the point.

They could have transferred over and then got some money in... No one would have complained imho. In fact, I for one would have said Thank You and good luck!

i'm of mixed opinion on this myself.

On one hand you can call them greedy bastards for refusing the TUPE. But then you have to remember that they took massive wage cuts to keep the staff at ibrox in a job. In their eyes the refusal to TUPE in order to gain more money was probably their payday for balancing out the wage cuts.

It does however show that they were never really Rangers men - they put the money before the club and that shows that they are what 95% of professional footballers are nowadays - mercenaries.

i will never forget what they did for the club last season and i will never forget the football they gave us in seasons prior, but equally i will never forget that they walked away and that spoke volumes about their so called love for the club.

Maybe its the mentality of Scottish football, unless you sign for Rangers or Sellik then theres no real chance of achieving much in football, so if you get a chance to move down south then jump at it no questions asked.