Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via League Reconstruction

North Rd

Before we chose to boycott SPL grounds we should carefully consider the pros and cons. We are denying the team our support which the players and staff value highly. How much financial damage are we actually inflicting on a club if we stay away and is that offset by sky if the game is televised. Would it be better to devise a strategy where we hit some clubs hard instead of all the clubs, we can maximise the financial damage without denying the team our support for every away game throughout the season.

(assuming of course the SPL is still there).

It will hit every team in the spl that we won't be visiting, no questions about it. Of course Not least Celtic, 8000 x£40 = £320,000 x 2 matches =£640,000, obviously these are rough no.s and don't take into account any vat etc. losing over half a million pound in turnover to any business will hurt.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will hit every team in the spl that we won't be visiting, no questions about it. Of course Not least Celtic, 8000 x£40 = £320,000 x 2 matches =£640,000, obviously these are rough no.s and don't take into account any vat etc. losing over half a million pound in turnover to any business will hurt.

I dont think you will ever get a Boycott of the Filths games i hope i'm wrong though.

I dont see why we should support clubs who tried to kill us.

Ally McCoist has identified the Malmo striker, who scored the winner for the Swedes at Ibrox and helped them to a 2-1 aggregate win in the play-off round, as a top target he would like to land before the close of the transfer window next Friday.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at the end of the year and McCoist is hopeful he can persuade Malmo to do a deal now rather than wait and lose him for nothing.

Larsson, who is also attracting interest from Dinamo Kiev and clubs in Spain, has already indicated he would be prepared to move to Scotland – even if it means playing in the Third Division.

Ibrox officials believe that would only be a short-term measure as league reconstruction is likely to see them fast-tracked back into the top flight within two seasons.

:blink:

Not really accurate to use 8000 x £40 x2 as a guesstimate for all SPL teams.

So who will be in this working committee ? :rolleyes:

Lawell a prime candidate, he sure likes to be on these committees :wanker:

Can almost guarantee that despite this being a mechanism to reduce the amount of time of Rangers being out the top league no one from Rangers will be invited.

Boycott all SPL away matches (except Dundee, don't feel they have done anything wrong here). I'd rather go spend my money at an SFL game involving two random teams instead of these bastards.

42 teams in Scotland. All the big clubs are there already except us(and boy do they need us). So this is a softening up exercise to the SFL clubs, to find out what they want in return for Rangers jumping up the leagues. The SFL and Rangers hold the upper hand here to a certain degree as they can say NO. The SFL will be offered a deal to put more money in to them. What that deal will be will probable have Liewells hand all over it, but I think Mr Green is canny to him and will not buy into any old shite. We have 3 years of lost earnings in Europe to deal with and he will be mightily pissed off with this and that will effect any deal offered. The other SPL clubs now realise that the Rangers support turned up for the 3rd division and they want a slice of that money again and they are just figuring out how to get it as quickly as they can. Mr Green will not need told he has an advantage here and I trust him to extract the best deal for Rangers; I also hope that whatever he decides it has a positive effect on the SFL as they have been kind to us when we needed some friends.

3 years of lost Europe isn't a punishment it's a requirement for a newco. we can't pin this on the spl or the sfa.

the spl voted us down and out and the sfl voted us down. I don't see the great love in here with the sfl. if this haf happened in a new leauge structure you can be sure ever club would have voted us down.

3 years of lost Europe isn't a punishment it's a requirement for a newco. we can't pin this on the spl or the sfa.

the spl voted us down and out and the sfl voted us down. I don't see the great love in here with the sfl. if this haf happened in a new leauge structure you can be sure ever club would have voted us down.

The SFL did NOT vote us down. They voted us into thier league setup in the same way they would have done with any other team. Start at the bottom and work up, we had no right to be voted into the 1st division.

The SFL did NOT vote us down. They voted us into thier league setup in the same way they would have done with any other team. Start at the bottom and work up, we had no right to be voted into the 1st division.

Ok they voted us in as they would any other team. so hypothetically, if there was a spl1 and spl2 and both of these voted us to the bottom of the spl2 instead then how should we feel, pissed off or glad they accepted us at the bottom level?

I don't see where the SFL love in comes from either. They didn't vote us into SFL3 as a favour to us.

I don't see where the SFL love in comes from either. They didn't vote us into SFL3 as a favour to us.

The FACT that they voted us into SFL 3,enabled Rangers to start the rebuild.OK they're going to make money out of us but they could have rejected our application and brought someone in from the junior leagues,therefore we would be without football to watch.Don't know about a lovein but I've no probs in making friends on our way back up :21:

I don't blame them for it, but because of it, it's pointless to be in the SPL just now.

We won't win it because we don't have Europe to draw players to compete with Celtic. Without Europe we can't bank money to save to buy better players.

Working our way up the leagues is by FAR the best option for Rangers. We return to the SPL with dignity intact. We have a healthy balance sheet with a good wage bill. We have maintained our level of fans with the interest of climbing the leagues. We can blood our youngsters and drive change into our business model. We give our manage the best chance to learn his trade whilst still managing Rangers.

Absolutely no way the SFL vote for this.... The Rangers are bringing massive funds to the SFL. I've no issue with us remaining in the SFL until we win SFL 1 -- which as I have stated many times -- will be the new top flight after the SPL are liquidated.

Surely clubs in Div 3, 2, 1 are looking forward to us being in their league.... We ARE making friends along the way -- and quite frankly, I'm delighted where we are. It's the way Football should be. Playing for the love of the game, not love of money. 00000042.gif

Of course, miss the European nights --- but they will be back. Let's enjoy this journey.

You can take your reconstruction, and shove it up your arse Rhegan. 21.gif

I don't blame them for it, but because of it, it's pointless to be in the SPL just now.

We won't win it because we don't have Europe to draw players to compete with Celtic. Without Europe we can't bank money to save to buy better players.

Working our way up the leagues is by FAR the best option for Rangers. We return to the SPL with dignity intact. We have a healthy balance sheet with a good wage bill. We have maintained our level of fans with the interest of climbing the leagues. We can blood our youngsters and drive change into our business model. We give our manage the best chance to learn his trade whilst still managing Rangers.

I just want us competing with the best regardless if it's Scotland or Europe which is now a sad distant memory. aslong as we keep beating say the other clubs in the top leauge we can also hope for others to turn over the mhanks which could still give us an outside chance. win the spl we add another title and a larger share of the prize money which brings in the sponsors. if there's reconstruction our dignity does remain intact as we never instigated it. we can still have a healthy balance sheet in the spl but I wholeheartedly agree that the current situation allows Ally to find his feet and he deserves this due to the way he has acted and defended our club.

Ok they voted us in as they would any other team. so hypothetically, if there was a spl1 and spl2 and both of these voted us to the bottom of the spl2 instead then how should we feel, pissed off or glad they accepted us at the bottom level?

pissed off because there are CLEAR crooked motives behind theleague reconstruction.

Scottish football is fooked without rangers in the SPL. So short sited of the rest of the teams. So called 'integrity' could be the title of a book detailing the demise of scottish football and Celtic and Rangers induction to the coca cola football league if you ask me!!

Tell this roman bastard tp fuck off.................................one one hand he mentions it was a democratic vote.....................then says bit we have moved on, so fuck those people who dared to vote against me.

The says CG come out with the stuff he did to see season books ...........well you roman bastard what about the statements those 11 bastards made to get their cuntish few fans to buy season tickets................you not going to sya anything bout their " sporting integrity" comments.

o'regan is nothing but a typical papistin that he lies and lies and is and out and out bastard...............we cannot let this bastard away with this.

DITTO!

We should be allowed to work our way up the honest way.

The fringe benefits to the SFL is that we will make them a good lot of money, generate a hell of a lot of interest in their leagues (we are doing that already) and we make friends along the way.

We also get time to rebuild and sort everything out.

NO TO RECONSTRUCTION AND THE CORRUPT SPL!