What’s the relationship between Rangers and Liverpool

allcinaye

the two disasters is the more recent i think, but liverpool are a protestant club i believe although everton are meant to be the peoples club

Both L'pool and Everton are from Methodist beginnings,Everton being the senior club.A bust up between the committees many years ago forced L'pool to move to a ground of their own and ended years of ground sharing. :sherlock:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both L'pool and Everton are from Methodist beginnings,Everton being the senior club.A bust up between the committees many years ago forced L'pool to move to a ground of their own and ended years of ground sharing. :sherlock:

The guy that owned the ground kicked st domingoes off the pitch and formed liverpool. St domingoes became everton

This again!

Why does it always descend into people talking about one being catholic the other protestant? Religion has nothing to do with who they support. Both teams have a high percentage of catholic and protestant followers. Both clubs have supporters that support Rangers and Celtic. Here is an even bigger kicker for anyone who goes on about religion: Rangers have catholic supporters :matron:

Back to the original question - They don't have any real connection. They have as much as a connection with us as they do with the scum as does Everton and in fact Man United too.

Some people on here like to apply the catholic-protestant thing to every football rivalry. I've seen people claiming Man Utd are taigs while City are the prods, and I've seen the same claimed about Sunderland and Newcastle and Arsenal and Chelsea :lol:

Catholic Irish immigrant fan base and singing of that song..wacko.gif

Yeah utter rubbish

Liverpool also have a proud British Protestant fanbase, much like us in fact. Oh oh, now we have something in common with them, in fact we have songs in common as well. :rolleyes: Stop stereotyping and making assumptions based on taig propaganda.

Catholic Irish immigrant fan base and singing of that song..wacko.gif

Yeah utter rubbish

"That" song was simply a song written by a Pool supporter for Pool fans.

It would be no more relevant than" Blue is the colour "or "Forever blowing bubbles" if the orcs hadnt started mumbling it.

It certainly doesnt point to a link between the 2 teams.

Trust me,95% of English fans think everything North of the border is irrelevant.

Some people on here like to apply the catholic-protestant thing to every football rivalry. I've seen people claiming Man Utd are taigs while City are the prods, and I've seen the same claimed about Sunderland and Newcastle and Arsenal and Chelsea :lol:

Very true! Some people are determined to think it makes a difference. You just have to look at some of the posts in the bears den :anguish:

Why are you telling me this?

I don't care about the group of Liverpool fans you happen to know.

So... you're wrong. That's like saying we have a "love in" with Chelsea because some of our fans support them also.

Go on their forums. I think you'll find the vast majority couldn't care less.

So... you're wrong. That's like saying we have a "love in" with Chelsea because some of our fans support them also.

Go on their forums. I think you'll find the vast majority couldn't care less.

doh

Jeez, now you're trying to tell me to gauge a Club's supporters' opinions from message boards!

Please don't offer me any more advice.

PS Do you seriously think I care whether you think I'm wrong?

Well of course you're going to agree as a Man Utd supporter. Just an excuse to further your hatred towards Liverpool.

i dont hate Liverpool. They are just cunts. We on the other hand are just supported by some of those cunts!

doh

Jeez, now you're trying to tell me to gauge a Club's supporters' opinions from message boards!

Please don't offer me any more advice.

PS Do you seriously think I care whether you think I'm wrong?

:lol: Fucking hell, I was just making a point doh

But do tell me how you know they have a "taig love in."

Rangers more likely have some serious connections traditionally with Everton and not Liverpool. I can think of 20 transfers between us and Everton in the last 22 years. Over the same period i can only thnk of a handful of deals done with Liverpool.