Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

How about Political beliefs is that allowed in Scotland or is that only allowed at Parkhead too?

I mean after all some people want us to stop our National Anthem being sung now.

Along with other Political folk cultural herritage songs.

Or is that only permitted at Parkhead too?

After all thats what all these threads are about.

I mean Barcalona have a chappel in the Stadium for Prayer, and all those players crossing themselves ,should they be banned also.Or is that just at Ibrox where Rangers fans arent allowed to sing?

Have I said anything was allowed at the piggery and not Ibrox? Whats 'what all these threads are about'? I thought this one was about our supporters singing in praise of the UVF?

Would you be happy for bears to be furthering their political agenda at Ibrox if they were card carrying BNP members? Yeah players crossing themselves been banned, maybe wasn't banned but at least one of our players has said he was advised against it and that was advice from the club.

What does Barcelona having a chapel in their stadium have to do with Rangers fans singing songs in support of a paramilitary organsiation?

Have I said anything was allowed at the piggery and not Ibrox? Whats 'what all these threads are about'? I thought this one was about our supporters singing in praise of the UVF?

Would you be happy for bears to be furthering their political agenda at Ibrox if they were card carrying BNP members? Yeah players crossing themselves been banned, maybe wasn't banned but at least one of our players has said he was advised against it and that was advice from the club.

What does Barcelona having a chapel in their stadium have to do with Rangers fans singing songs in support of a paramilitary organsiation?

Which player was that?

Even their fans cant agree when they were formed it varies by around 5 years. It seems to have been students who had studied in Britain taking their newfound interest a step further upon returning home. It doesn'tappear to have had any basis in firthering basque ideals. Looking at their early managers it also seems a good number were english which imo either devalues their 'basque only' principles or would indicate that it hasn't been in place since formation.

So nobody is 100% sure whether they were founded with the Basque only policy meaning it can't be ruled out, hence not more so.

On another note, plenty of parallels with Rangers in this background ie students setting up a club and ideals being attached to said club, yet one does not take nearly as much stick as the other in regards to 'signing policy', which may or may not have existed at one but for the other is undeniable as they freely admit it.

So nobody is 100% sure whether they were founded with the Basque only policy meaning it can't be ruled out, hence not more so.

On another note, plenty of parallels with Rangers in this background ie students setting up a club and ideals being attached to said club, yet one does not take nearly as much stick as the other in regards to 'signing policy', which may or may not have existed at one but for the other is undeniable as they freely admit it.

No, just my in depth knowledge of the formation if Athletic Bilbao is a bit sketchy.

Cant be fucked trawling the net for evidence at midnight.

They might not take much stick here (UK), do they take stick in spain for it? Do we take stick in spain for our so called signing policy? Was their policy based on religion on simply on nationality?

Oh Dude ,you stated all thought of Religion should be removed from within our support .

Quite clearly you want all Religous association in any form, gone from our club .

Ok thats what you want ,also you want all assocition with the UVF ,wether its Political or Historical taken from our Club.

I would like to think you champion on the Celtic Fans sites to have their Religous Political, cultural connections taken away from them.

After all you cant remove it from one ,and not the other.

By the way wether you agree with the BNP or not , they are a ligitimate political party just like Sien Fienn. Personally not my cup of Tea.

No, just my in depth knowledge of the formation if Athletic Bilbao is a bit sketchy.

Cant be fucked trawling the net for evidence at midnight.

They might not take much stick here (UK), do they take stick in spain for it? Do we take stick in spain for our so called signing policy? Was their policy based on religion on simply on nationality?

They have taken stick in Spain according to a couple of ex-pats I know but it's an issue that is rarely spoken of now in Spanish msm according to some conversations I've had with them regarding the signing of Basque only players (which came about through speaking about Rangers and our so called 'signing policy'). I fail to see what difference it makes if it was based on religion or nationality, depending what region of Spain you are in broaching the subject of nationality can be as bad as doing the same with religion here.

So that would be nobody then?

If that's how you choose to read it. I read it as he was implying you can't be a real rangers man without it and I'm confident that's what he meant. It can be hard to tell intent when debating on the internet. I was merely allowing room for error ( although i don't think there is any) by adding " at least that's how it read.

Oh Dude ,you stated all thought of Religion should be removed from within our support .

Quite clearly you want all Religous association in any form, gone from our club .

Ok thats what you want ,also you want all assocition with the UVF ,wether its Political or Historical taken from our Club.

I would like to think you champion on the Celtic Fans sites to have their Religous Political, cultural connections taken away from them.

After all you cant remove it from one ,and not the other.

By the way wether you agree with the BNP or not , they are a ligitimate political party just like Sien Fienn. Personally not my cup of Tea.

I never said I wanted it removed from our support. I daid it didn;t feel it was appropriate for football stadia. I love how you are telling me what I want.

I don't view, post or lurk on celtic sites so I don't champion anything on them.

Why the obsession with Celtic? They can do this and they can say that. Who gives a fuck. Is your whole life spent checking what your neighbours are doing so you can keep up with them?

I'm fully aware that the BNP are a legitimate political party. Would you like to see their supporters cling onto our club to further their political agenda?

They have taken stick in Spain according to a couple of ex-pats I know but it's an issue that is rarely spoken of now in Spanish msm according to some conversations I've had with them regarding the signing of Basque only players (which came about through speaking about Rangers and our so called 'signing policy'). I fail to see what difference it makes if it was based on religion or nationality, depending what region of Spain you are in broaching the subject of nationality can be as bad as doing the same with religion here.

By the way did those Bastards across the city get chasdised for only singing players within a certain distance of Glasgow? After all thats a bit of a racist policy in itself.

Feck me where do you stop with this shit then?

By the way did those Bastards across the city get chasdised for only singing players within a certain distance of Glasgow? After all thats a bit of a racist policy in itself.

Not signing players from more than x miles away is racist?

What race does that come under? anti-marathonism if its less than 26 miles?

Same signing policy as Bilbao all from the same Region .

It would be frowned upon now .Unless its Celtic of course.

when dd they have this policy in place? what was the distance?

how is it racist?

bilbao players must only now have basque heritage. Bilbao have appointed english, french and argentinian managers so they obviously take their basques only policy VERY seriously.

once more, how is signing players from within a certain distance of glasgow 'racist'?

I never said I wanted it removed from our support. I daid it didn;t feel it was appropriate for football stadia. I love how you are telling me what I want.

I don't view, post or lurk on celtic sites so I don't champion anything on them.

Why the obsession with Celtic? They can do this and they can say that. Who gives a fuck. Is your whole life spent checking what your neighbours are doing so you can keep up with them?

I'm fully aware that the BNP are a legitimate political party. Would you like to see their supporters cling onto our club to further their political agenda?

I am telling you because its the facts.

So you want singing of any Religous or cultural or Historical rrferances to the UVF or other Northern Irish Political connetations to stop being sung by Rangers Fans.

Thats the facts .Thats what you want.

Go tell the other lot then , I personally think theres worse things for a government to be cracking on with than the fact our Fans alledgedly sing so called naughty songs.

All football fans sing them .

And no I am not obsessed with that lot, but I think you are obsessed with Rangers fans singing Politocal or Religous cultural songs .

This thread should have been closed a long time ago ,and this subject put to bed permanantly.

when dd they have this policy in place? what was the distance?

how is it racist?

bilbao players must only now have basque heritage. Bilbao have appointed english, french and argentinian managers so they obviously take their basques only policy VERY seriously.

once more, how is signing players from within a certain distance of glasgow 'racist'?

The Lisbon Lions came from a certain distance within the Glasgow Region.

Dont know the distance there you made me talk about them again.

If that was our present signing policy Rangers would be chassdised , critisiced and slagged off for not having an all inclusive non foriegn policy.

Where do you draw the line with this shit.

If it happened now it would be frowned upon .

Only they could get away with it though.

If its not Racist then what is it then?

Bigoted.Why would it be so wrong for one club to do it and not another.?