Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

We all must have been dreaming about it. :pipe:

The thing is I don't mind anybody telling me I'm wrong about something, it has been known. I just can't be arsed with anyone who gets totally arsey about it, even in the face of evidence to the contrary of his opinion.

Whe was the last time the UVF bombed a major city in the UK dickhead?

For the most part the rebels killed innocents and the UVF killed rebels.

Fuck off with your same as each other shite.

Should be ashamed of yourself with that statement imo.

This^^^^

The children of Warrington out buying mothers day gifts bombed by republican scum...and "the dude" thinks its eachy peachy...fuckin disgraceful.

To the Tune of old Lang Syne.

Go home ya h*** go home ya h***,

Go home ya h*** , go home.

I can remember it from the 70's/80's. I'm sure it was a common song sung by football supporters throughout the UK. I think that WATP was sung by a lot of different clubs as well. Could be wrong though.

The thing is I don't mind anybody telling me I'm wrong about something, it has been known. I just can't be arsed with anyone who gets totally arsey about it, even in the face of evidence to the contrary of his opinion.

You three are at it.Never sung in the eighties.....At games.Maybe on buses,but never at games.

NEVER NEVER NEVER...........

Stupid thread any way.

I love how so many people have managed to make others not feeling songs about the UVF are.

Appropriate at matches to people being offended by the songs. There is a big difference.

Exactly,not offended one jot but totally fail to see the relevance how these songs are pro Rangers in anyway.

Anyone who doesn't like the songs can just fuck off, whats the point in going to a match and moaning about songs.

Just fuck off!

This is my view on it too im not one to enter too deeply into the loyalist side of things when it comes to a game of football but im certainly not one to cry about what the crowd are singing about , I really dont see how it matters to anyone? Its a fucking song!

You do realise the songs are about the original UVF don't you? Who then made up the 36th Ulster Division in WW1 and made some of the bravest human sacrifices for their country, that no man should ever have to make.

I'll sing loud and proud about that.

im going to get this tattoo to my forehead :praise:(tu)

I have never posted before, but felt i had to after the first couple of away games this season.

I cant get my head round why some fans are still singing about the UVF at Gers games. Dont get me wrong, most fans, including myself have sung these types of songs in the past but there is no place for them anymore.

This is the start of a new adventure for all Gers fans and we should take this opportunity to rid ourselves of certain songs that do us no favours and have nothing to do with Rangers in the 21st Century.

Quite simply, dont complain about what the media and certain journalists write about Rangers fans when some fans refuse to let go the stuff that is now simply irrelevant and you know they will pick up on.

We should be reading about the amazing suppport given to a team in the fourth tier of scottish football and fans who do themselves proud in the way they support their team and not about a small group who refuse to let go of the past.

I have never responded to a first poster before, but today I will make an exception.

I know our history and I am proud of it, no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Others defended our values, against the inquisition, then the Nazi's and finally the terrorists that rebelled.

This is not a crime and I will forever be grateful for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, to preserve our way of life.

God bless, you all.