Michael Fink and David Templeton

simplythebest

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Templeton has told friends he is signing for Rangers on Friday. Lets hope this is true. Pinch of salt required though of course.

What a signing :praise: :praise:

Really hope this is true, having to pinch myself big time here.

Templeton has told friends he is signing for Rangers on Friday. Lets hope this is true. Pinch of salt required though of course.

Would be frankly remarkable. Just cant see it. I don't like you getting my hopes up though :P

Literally exactly what we need. Young, talented, pacey winger.

What a signing :praise: :praise:Really hope this is true, having to pinch myself big time here.

Interesting that it has hit the rhags today, maybe there is substance to what i was told. (tu)

Would be frankly remarkable. Just cant see it. I don't like you getting my hopes up though :PLiterally exactly what we need. Young, talented, pacey winger.

I am not mate that is why i said pinch of salt and i couldn't see it happening, i was just putting it out there what i had heard in case someone else had heard similar. Again, interesting it is in more than one paper today. Maybe, just maybe. (tu)

This is from the Edinburgh evening times

SWTS.edinburgheveningnews.image.e

Hearts in no rush to offload David Templeton

Hearts are still to receive a formal offer from Rangers

Hearts are still to receive a formal offer from Rangers

By BARRY ANDERSON

Published on Thursday 30 August 2012 11:03

HEARTS have yet to receive a formal offer from Rangers for winger David Templeton and are in no rush to sell the player, the Evening News can reveal.

Charles Green, Rangers’ chief executive, has spoken with senior Tynecastle officials about the Glasgow club’s interest in Templeton, however Hearts are unlikely to entertain any bid less than £500,000.

The Edinburgh club are reluctant to sell the 23-year-old before the transfer window closes tomorrow night and the only thing that would persuade them is what they would consider a “substantial fee”.

Templeton’s contract expires next June and he is also being monitored by clubs in England. It is unclear at this stage if he would be willing to swap the Scottish Premier League with Hearts to play for Rangers in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League. Rangers manager Ally McCoist has long been an admirer of Templeton and believes the player could enhance his squad long-term. With a 12-month transfer embargo about to take effect on September 1, McCoist is keen to assemble an extensive array of players who will serve Rangers for the next year whilst reinforcements are forbidden.

Green is expected to continue his discussions with the Hearts hierarchy and has also indicated that Rangers are monitoring Callum Paterson, the 17-year-old who has made a big impact at Tynecastle this year.

Ahead of tonight’s Europa League play-off return leg with Liverpool, the Hearts manager John McGlynn admitted that, in general, any serious offer for any of his players would at least be considered by the club’s board.

“Possibly we could lose players because that’s the state of affairs in Scotland. If that was the case we’d have to deal with it,” said McGlynn. “If we get young players coming through and they do well, then in the current climate I’d imagine Hearts will have to sell. It might crop up and we have to accept that and deal with it. I’m not convinced on either ins or outs, though.”