Ally On Transfer Situation

ALLY MCCOIST has confirmed today that Kirk Broadfoot and Mo Edu are on the verge of leaving Rangers.

American midfielder Edu is waiting for international clearance before he can secure his move to Premiership side Stoke City.

Broadfoot, meanwhile, has come to an agreement with Charles Green which will allow the defender to move on, putting an end to his five-year spell at the club.

The manager also hinted that captain Carlos Bocanegra could stay at Rangers with the current transfer window closing on Friday.

He said: “Kirk has agreed with Charles and the club that his contract will be null and void and that he will be free to leave the club as of today or tomorrow.

“There’s still one or two issues still to be tidied up there but it looks like Kirk will be leaving the club and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his service to the club.

“As for Mo my reading of the situation is that he is requiring international clearance to go to Stoke.

“That is how close we are to that one going through.

“But Carlos is still very much a Rangers player, there’s been no activity or movement or change in the situation regarding Carlos.

“So he’ll hopefully be involved in our next few games and he will be here post window.

“That’s where we are with Carlos and the longer it goes the more chance there is he will stay.”

McCoist has been able to cast his eyes over several trialists recently with German midfielder Michael Fink again taking part in training this morning.

No decisions have been made about offering permanent deals but Ally is fully aware that time is running out for him to bolster his squad.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference at Murray Park today he said: “We’ve got a meeting with Charles today and the situation is clear in that we need bodies and we need to bring quality into the team.

“I’ve obviously said that and that is where we are, certainly in the next three days we will have to do that.

“In the last ten days or so we’ve lost Bedoya and it looks like Edu and Broadfoot are away, Goian has also gone out on loan.

“So we need to get bodies in.

“We have had three or four, maybe even five, trialists in and as yet we haven’t made a final decision on any of them.

“One or two have obviously impressed and that’s been great but as yet we’ve not made a final decision on them.”

Couple of wingers and a left back to challenge Wallace and I'd be happy.

Can't see us bringing in a big pile in a few days, this sounds abit like the Jan transfer window when we were being linked to everyone under the sun but nothing came of it.

Still feel that we should have more than enough quality in the squad already...but I recognise we are buying for 2 seasons -- one of which might be SPL 2 (who knows?)

That said, not sold on Sandaza or Kyle... Warming to Black as his fitness and sharpness improve. I'd like to see Little and Jig up top first and foremost... Anyway, if we get anyone in, let make it the highest quality possible. 00000042.gif

Is there a reason for Broadfoot leaving? "Because he's shite" isn't a good reason.

He's a big, slow trier, but he's the sort of player that I thought would stick with us at this level. Him, McCulloch, Alexander, they're players who have Rangers at heart, could do a good job at this level and wont exactly have clubs lining-up outside their door to sign them.

I'll be honest, I'm a wee bit gutted about Broadfoot leaving. I know he's not the best footballer we've ever had and I understand that he's a bit of a cunt, but he's been with us through some tough times and among some dodgy performances, put in some good shifts for this club.

Him and Alexander were the last two left from the UEFA Cup final, weren't they? Sad.

Is there a reason for Broadfoot leaving? "Because he's shite" isn't a good reason.

He's a big, slow trier, but he's the sort of player that I thought would stick with us at this level. Him, McCulloch, Alexander, they're players who have Rangers at heart, could do a good job at this level and wont exactly have clubs lining-up outside their door to sign them.

I'll be honest, I'm a wee bit gutted about Broadfoot leaving. I know he's not the best footballer we've ever had and I understand that he's a bit of a cunt, but he's been with us through some tough times and among some dodgy performances, put in some good shifts for this club.

Him and Alexander were the last two left from the UEFA Cup final, weren't they? Sad.

He's apparently on £10k a week. That figure could be used on numerous players wages at this level, or even half a million (his wages for 1 year) towards a transfer fee.

I'm not sad to see him leave, but he'll go with my best wishes for transfering over in the first place.

Cant we pay Bocanaegra to leave?

He's been awful.

He's looking jaded to me but having played right through the Summer break he'd a week of extra time before returning to Murray Park to resume training. I'd counsel caution before slaughtering him for his current performance. When he joined us his settling in period seemed to take a while and that was among an experienced squad. He's now, ironically, one of the most experienced players we have and he's having to adapt his game to cope with a massive change of personnel. When the final playing pool is settled and these guys are training and playing together on a regular basis, I'd expect our Captain America to re-emerge in his customary role.

Jig!

Was never a fan of Broadfoot but he did give us decent service and at times played to a high level (Old Trafford for example) but as someone else pointed out, he is probably our highest earner right now (or very close to it) and his quality just cannot justify such a position at the club.

Thanks for your efforts Kirk and wish you well for the future. He will have great memories to take away...and his making a fool of the McTraitor at the Paedo-dome will live long with in the memories of Gers fans!

Boca staying scares the shit out of me,he's been our worst player by a distance this season IMO and been playing like a Golfer 7 holes behind with 8 to play.

I think what Coisty's saying about him translates roughly as 'His agent has been working feverishly to find him a new club but it doesn't look like there's any takers'

Ally needs hurry up and get his finger out, pronto. Better not be waiting until the last day to try and sign players.

I will not be able to tolerate bullshit excuses about trying with derisory offers (fees or wages) that are doomed to fail hours before the window shuts.

Ally needs hurry up and get his finger out, pronto. Better not be waiting until the last day to try and sign players.

I will not be able to tolerate bullshit excuses about trying with derisory offers (fees or wages) that are doomed to fail hours before the window shuts.

we can only offer what we can afford, which isn't going to be much. There will be more incomings before the end of the window though, I'm certain of it.