Media dept can start earning their money.

ray

Get it sorted today.

Celtic: the new king of Scotland

Although they have 11 fewer league titles than their eternal rivals Rangers, these are happy days for the green and white half of Scotland’s biggest city. For economic reasons, their protestant rivals have been forced to disband and are now starting all over again in the Scottish Third Division. With Rangers out of the way for at least the next three years, Celtic look set to dominate the domestic championship like never before, which means manager Neil Lennon will be able to focus almost his entire attention on his club’s European campaign. Applying their typically physical but direct approach, their strengths include Wanyama in midfield and Greek international Samaras up front.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/meet-the-champions-league-opponents

This isn't the media department's job. This is the teams job.

The only way to let people know we're still the best is to win at least one of the main cups. Along with the Ramsdens and our Division obviously.

I'd say if we won all four, beating Celtic at least once, people would know the best team in Scotland was in the third division.

This isn't the media department's job. This is the teams job.

The only way to let people know we're still the best is to win at least one of the main cups. Along with the Ramsdens and our Division obviously.

I'd say if we won all four, beating Celtic at least once, people would know the best team in Scotland was in the third division.

When were we disbanded ? it's the fuckin meeja departments job alright !

What pisses me off is that we (as a club and a support) are sleepwalking with regards to this issue, its all very well not caring what taigs and other fans think but when other clubs and UEFA see us a new football club (which they do) it will be tougher to change their opinion the longer we leave it. All this talk about buying shares in the club doesn't help our argument either, it merely adds credence to their argument that we are a new club.

I wish the club and the support were far more proactive and less reactive when it comes to arguing our case. We should take the fight to the media in this country, we will win because we have the truth and the facts where they have only have biased opinion and petty agendas.

What pisses me off is that we (as a club and a support) are sleepwalking with regards to this issue, its all very well not caring what taigs and other fans think but when other clubs and UEFA see us a new football club (which they do) it will be tougher to change their opinion the longer we leave it. All this talk about buying shares in the club doesn't help our argument either, it merely adds credence to their argument that we are a new club.

I wish the club and the support were far more proactive and less reactive when it comes to arguing our case. We should take the fight to the media in this country, we will win because we have the truth and the facts where they have only have biased opinion and petty agendas.

Facts don't lie,we're not a new football club no matter how many times they say it,we still have our trophies and history intact.

We're buying shares from the company that run the football club.

Facts don't lie,we're not a new football club no matter how many times they say it,we still have our trophies and history intact.

We're buying shares from the company that run the football club.

Of course I agree but will it not bother you if UEFA don't recognise our history? if we get them onside more countries and clubs will follow suit.

Of course I agree but will it not bother you if UEFA don't recognise our history? if we get them onside more countries and clubs will follow suit.

Where have UEFA said we are a new club?

It's a stick to beat us with IMO,most clubs etc will never let that go,they know all this newco pish annoys us but at the end of the day the only thing that's changed is the company.

Get it sorted today.

Celtic: the new king of Scotland

Although they have 11 fewer league titles than their eternal rivals Rangers, these are happy days for the green and white half of Scotland’s biggest city. For economic reasons, their protestant rivals have been forced to disband and are now starting all over again in the Scottish Third Division. With Rangers out of the way for at least the next three years, Celtic look set to dominate the domestic championship like never before, which means manager Neil Lennon will be able to focus almost his entire attention on his club’s European campaign. Applying their typically physical but direct approach, their strengths include Wanyama in midfield and Greek international Samaras up front.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/meet-the-champions-league-opponents

hopefully they will take 6 off septic in the big jock nou camp

I accept we can't control how others report us but we can look to influence it and to point out to them when they are factually wrong or if their interpretation of stuff is (in Rangers view) wrong. I don't know what proactive work the media dept does. Here's my challenge to them - use the website to regularly say more about what they do to counter wrong or malicious reporting, and what they do to promote Rangers across Europe and wider afield.

Some questions for the media team. What have you done to:

* Contact to all major clubs and sports media companies in europe to set out the facts?

* Take up innacurate or malicious reporting with those who publish the material? Can they be named and shamed?

* Promote newspaper and TV interviews with current and past Rangers players / managers to showcase Rangers achievements in Scotland and Europe and get the material published in european sports papers / TV?

* Widen the appeal of Rangers in the far east - China, S Korea, Japan etc. Any chance we could get some Chinese players over to Ibrox for some training days?

* Look at running TV adverts in the UK highlighting the facts about Rangers and the appeal of supporting Rangers?

* Exploit social media sites to maximise the facts about Rangers and the appeal of supporting the club?

Its not what UEFA have said but what they have done, they say we are not eligible for European competition and I'm not convinced they make a distinction between the club and the company.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Definition of licence applicant

1 A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible for a football team participating in national and international competitions which either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated

league (hereinafter: registered member); or

b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football

company).

2 The membership and the contractual relationship (if any) must have lasted – at

the start of the licence season – for at least three consecutive years. Any

alteration to the club’s legal form or company structure (including, for example,

changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings

between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a competition is deemed as an interruption of membership or contractual relationship (if any) within the meaning of this provision.

I'd rather we didn't wait 3-4 years and to find out for sure.