Blue Nosed Babe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the daily rebel get this quote?

Who is this lawyer?

Did he approach the Paper or did the paper approach him?

I presume Mr Green has lawyers and they see it differently.

The statement about cheating does not compute, a sportsman taking drugs to gain advantange is different from a team winning games fairly and squarely, the titles were won by the team not the board or accountants at Ibrox.

"Sports law expert says" that always makes me :lol: If I was such an expert as this lawyer, then I would be off to London or the big apple to make megabucks, not working in some practise in the Royston road! :lol: The thing is that all the dim Tims will be quoting this at work and in the pub! doh

The article says he is an English based lawyer, probably of doubtfull parentage

The daily rebel news desk:

Editor: Charles Green fairly stuck it up the SPL our readership will be worried.

Hack: I know boss, let's get a lawyer to refute his suggestions but we can't use our ususal friends.

Editor: Ok, I'll get my address book of selllic loving english lawyers for a quote, that'll give our readership hope.

Ah see even you are taken in . They never said lawyer. "Law expert".

Leading lawyer = lawyer for major law firm

Lawyer = Daily Records own lawyer who deals with readers queries about being sold a washing machine that doesn't work

Law expert = someone who isn't a lawyer.

That'll be Phil 3 names then :craphead:

They have a list of about twenty types of punishment. Stripping titles is not one of them. However they have one little line at the end "or any other punishment deemed appropriate". The Rangers Clause.

The rules actually allow them to make up punishments.

Very true like the one, we won't strip your titles but fine you 5 million quid so we can keep the SPL going till you rejoin us

Think it's been posted before but stripping titles is celtic's agenda.

SPL agenda is to rack up as much and as many fines as possible against Rangers to help keep it afloat.

Stripping titles may not be legally possible so expect the SPL to try and extort as much as possible.

Very true like the one, we won't strip your titles but fine you 5 million quid so we can keep the SPL going till you rejoin us

They could, but the SPL isn't a footballing authority, its just a LTD company with shareholders just like Rangers. We could form our own committee and fine the SPL £100million. It has no standing in law.

The article says he is an English based lawyer, probably of doubtfull parentage

Scots law and English law are non comparable, D&P had to appoint both to go after Whytes lawyers. If you were buying a house in England you would have to do it through an English lawyer. I bought a house with a mortgage from Citibank who are based in London and had to pay both my lawyer and a Scottish lawyer chosen by the bank to act for them.

So we're not going back to the SPL. Hows this going work with team getting promoted? If Rangers keep on winning the 1st division but reject going back to the SPL it will hold back all the other diddy club in that league. Can see another argument coming up over this one aswell.

was thinking this earlier myself.we win the 1st division but refuse to accept the licence to play in the spl until the return of any titles they have taken from us in the witch hunt.now some of the clubs are already in shite street waiting on our return the tv deals are linked to our return we say no and where do they go from there.they can promote the runner up but can you see the teams that are struggling to carry on now being able to cope with another few seasons of us not being there to finance them.i say fuck them and the sphell and fight for what is ours by right.