A short interview with Alan Irving. General Secretary of Annan Athletic

MosesMcNeil

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This wee club was the only club in SFL that voted NO to us being admitted to the league.then you look at there sponsorship dealings our players and officials will walk past those scrolls.

FFS - I thought we'd got past that nonsense - When did we decide it was Annan?

There is too much of a love in with these teams, they dont like us, they like our money and anyone who thinks differently is living in cloud cuckoo land.

You're right, they probably don't love us - and that'll be down to the conception they have of us based on what the mhedia and the spl "fans" have been telling them.

It's up to us to prove that their conception is a misconception

There is too much of a love in with these teams, they dont like us, they like our money and anyone who thinks differently is living in cloud cuckoo land.

my thoughts exactly, if these 'wee' teams were actually giving us a challange then I'm sure all this love and respect would quickly diminish.

This wee club was the only club in SFL that voted NO to us being admitted to the league.then you look at there sponsorship dealings our players and officials will walk past those scrolls.

I know for 100% certain it was not Annan.

Try Albion Rovers and you'll have your team.

Fuck Annan athletic. They embarrased themselves by allowing such sponsorship - and it's disrespecting an oppnent in thier league.

i'll phone them up and ask if i can sponsor a player for £20 under the title "Big Jock Knew Foundation against Child Abuse" - wonder if they'd go for it?

fuckin tramps - i hope we play them off the pitch and Greig Thorburn, Michael Daly & Michael McGowan leave the pitch on a stretcher.

A bit extreme, they seem to be nice enough about us, when its a tiny club like Annan they have to take anything they can get, even if its tainted.

I have got to admit i'm shocked at some of the comments made on this thread.

Fact Alan Irving is the one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a blue nose to boot.He also played for Annan first team for many years and was a dam fine player.Along with the rest of the committee he has worked tirelessly to get Annan where we are today.

Annan are in no position to knock back anyone willing to sponsor our players.Since joining the sfl we have spent literally thousands on ground improvements which has had a massive effect on the managers budget for players.

Fact we did not vote no to Rangers joining the sfl

Can't wait for Saturdays game

I have got to admit i'm shocked at some of the comments made on this thread.

Fact Alan Irving is the one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a blue nose to boot.He also played for Annan first team for many years and was a dam fine player.Along with the rest of the committee he has worked tirelessly to get Annan where we are today.

Annan are in no position to knock back anyone willing to sponsor our players.Since joining the sfl we have spent literally thousands on ground improvements which has had a massive effect on the managers budget for players.

Fact we did not vote no to Rangers joining the sfl

Can't wait for Saturdays game

I dont see why you are shocked, the fact is your club has allowed a couple of fan groups, Aberdeen and Cetic, to sponsor players knowing fine well that the team will be up against Rangers this year, if your that short of money tell your chairman to contact me and I will happily match what the scum fans have paid and we can have a couple of your players on the field sponsored by " Rangers fans against sheep shagging scum bastards "

I dont see why you are shocked, the fact is your club has allowed a couple of fan groups, Aberdeen and Cetic, to sponsor players knowing fine well that the team will be up against Rangers this year"

And? If you're gonna play Rangers, then you can't accept sponsorship from anyone else in Scotland?

Does anybody else see this point as absolutely preposterous?

if your that short of money tell your chairman to contact me and I will happily match what the scum fans have paid and we can have a couple of your players on the field sponsored by " Rangers fans against sheep shagging scum bastards "

Why does their chairman need to contact you? Just do it.

Along with the dude who's gonna sponsor BJK, that'll give us a good presence.

And? If you're gonna play Rangers, then you can't accept sponsorship from anyone else in Scotland?

Does anybody else see this point as absolutely preposterous?

Why proposterous, these fan groups and their clubs tried to destroy our club, cant people like you see the insult in another Scottish club accepting money from rival fans to get one over on us ? to try and put the knife in even further ? are their no businesses in Annan that will sponsor them if they are so good and upcoming ? no they have to accept donations from the scum of the earth, sorry but that does not go down well with me at all.

And dont forget, its Rangers we are meant to support, not anyone else.