Your best day supporting the Rangers?

ready1873

As an above poster said we have tortured them on a few occasions notably helicopter sunday twice, the championship win at porkheid but for me the proudest moment was probably the CL win at Elland Road when beat Leeds and knocked them out, i took immense satisfaction from that night.

Was at Elland Road that night - it's up there for me too!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Lincoln that night after a RAF cup match. Sooooo many bears there I thought it was home. :21::lol:

Excellent! Did you win?

Was a tricky one, as there weren't meant to be any Gers fans there.

Got lucky - girl at work's husband couldn't go, so I got his ticket. Her dad had invited a few guys down from Glasgow, who had invited him to the first leg, so there was a wee cadre of us!

Was tough, trying to be polite while being smug at the same time!

Title clincher against the sheep in 1991, only final day league decider I've been lucky enough to attend, atmosphere, match and outcome was superb :21:

Same as this fella.... our team was well smacked with injuries, 'they' had a right good side/ we pumped em ... superb ! (the NOISE was quite amazing, like a plane taking off)

plenty of great great experiences, barcalona a few years ago was special but sitting in my car on the driveway of my new house, listening to helicopter sunday unfold was a day i'll never forget, the fucking car was rocking, the horn was blowing, and all my new neighbours where informed that day that the guy in number 105 was a bluenose and that the teddy bears had just won the league

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Haha

I've been going for years but only started drinking in the 06-07 season and funnily enough, best memories are after this.

The 3-1 humping of the tims at the tattiedome was magic, Edu 1-0 was insane, the game where McCulloch salvaged a point in hell was magestic but the 3-2 game last season was out of this world. The best booze session and atmosphere there has been for me.

The day we won the league up at Shittoddrie ,big butchers header and going home with some shittoddrie turf.Long wait for a title but boy it was great.

plenty of great great experiences, barcalona a few years ago was special but sitting in my car on the driveway of my new house, listening to helicopter sunday unfold was a day i'll never forget, the fucking car was rocking, the horn was blowing, and all my new neighbours where informed that day that the guy in number 105 was a bluenose and that the teddy bears had just won the league

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Was in Asda shopping and this guy started going nuts,then the place went mental.Asda was full of bluenoses that day.......

Driving past the Brazen head when they were taking down the spl champs banner was fucking magic.......

Brechin was brilliant. After a very long summer and everything that happened, getting back to the football was great. When the players came out the atmosphere exploded. Brechin didn't know what hit them! Performance was poor mind you :lol:

May 24th 1972

European Cup Winners Cup Final In Barcelona

Rangers 3-2 Dynamo Moscow

This (tu)(tu)

As a 16 year old schoolkid in Spain with my mates for a week. Getting pissed and seeing my team win the ECWC. I remember thinking the first two goals were part of a dream........... a memory that will last forever

I've been going for years but only started drinking in the 06-07 season and funnily enough, best memories are after this.

The 3-1 humping of the tims at the tattiedome was magic, Edu 1-0 was insane, the game where McCulloch salvaged a point in hell was magestic but the 3-2 game last season was out of this world. The best booze session and atmosphere there has been for me.

Tomorrow :D every day is better than the one before, waking up know I am a bear

As for footy, elland road was amazing, as was tin mans benefit game, it was the last time I truly heard us singing like we used to, for the whole game, even after they announced at half time the stadium had run out of alcohol haha

This (tu)(tu)

As a 16 year old schoolkid in Spain with my mates for a week. Getting pissed and seeing my team win the ECWC. I remember thinking the first two goals were part of a dream........... a memory that will last forever

You are one of the lucky ones NS.

I was the fifteen year old son of a non-football loving family.

My Mum voted I shouldn't go to Barcelona and my Dad seconded it - I didn't have a vote. :(

Fast forward to 2008 and due to our workforce being affected by illness - my gaffer wouldn't give me the time off to go to Manchester.

So therefore, the European highlight of my life (that I was present at) was the semi-final at Ibrox against West Germany Bayern Munich but even though I wasn't there, Barcelona 72 was the day of all days for me as a Rangers fan.

For me, it was actually an away game at Celtic, The Prince scored after 10 minutes or so, we were in complete control.

Second half, Gazza missed a penalty, then we missed what seemed like endless chances through one on one with the keeper, culminating in PVV scooping it over the bar.

The when the Goalie saved their penalty seconds later, I have never celebrated so much at anything but a goal.

My brother driving us back home, scarves flying out the window and singing was just immense.

Valencia a couple of years ago. all day drinking and singing. beaten 3-0 and we stayed in the ground singing build my gallows for about half an hour.

Really enjoyed the Lisbon trip that year swell.

Lovenkrands final. My second ever Rangers game.

You are one of the lucky ones NS.

I was the fifteen year old son of a non-football loving family.

My Mum voted I shouldn't go to Barcelona and my Dad seconded it - I didn't have a vote. :(

Fast forward to 2008 and due to our workforce being affected by illness - my gaffer wouldn't give me the time off to go to Manchester.

So therefore, the European highlight of my life (that I was present at) was the semi-final at Ibrox against West Germany Bayern Munich but even though I wasn't there, Barcelona 72 was the day of all days for me as a Rangers fan.

Stuart my mum was not into football + my dad says 'no money' you're not going.

I listed all my 'worldly possessions', (bike, stereo etc....) and was prepared to flog the lot. My dad relented (I think my mother had a bit of sway there) and they paid for my trip.

Manchester - was there as well. 4000mile round trip for that one.

Was sure we were going to win. In fact I met my M8 outside the ground. A person whom I hadn't seen in years but who was one of the gang I was with in Barcelona. Thought it was going to be an 'omen' sadly not.

Stuart my mum was not into football + my dad says 'no money' you're not going.

I listed all my 'worldly possessions', (bike, stereo etc....) and was prepared to flog the lot. My dad relented (I think my mother had a bit of sway there) and they paid for my trip.

Manchester - was there as well. 4000mile round trip for that one.

Was sure we were going to win. In fact I met my M8 outside the ground. A person whom I hadn't seen in years but who was one of the gang I was with in Barcelona. Thought it was going to be an 'omen' sadly not.

For every story of woe like mine, there are thousands of stories of European adventures like your own.

My parents were of the 'old school' - no was no and rarely did they change their minds.

And did I mention my Dad was an amateur boxer?

Just one stare from him and you never needed to take a laxative again. :)