Ally on the board, paulo Sergio as manager

Dennis

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Admin days are thankfully long gone, and I am already sick of it being used as a 'legitimate excuse' for mediocrity. Time to start judging people on the here and now, and not on sentiment.

your frustration with 3 away results is making you talk shite. Do you honestly believe your first sentence above? Madness to me <cr>

I support Ally for now. He deserves some loyalty from Rangers fans. I always thought the players were rat bastards for leaving the way they did but maybe they weren't loyal to us the same way some Rangers fans clearly aren't loyal to the one guy who held it all together for us. Few months ago cunts wanted him knighted,mbe or some award. Now after 3 draws ye want him out. FFS.

Aren't we?

If you're referring to us being an institution, a way of life etc then yes of course, but all of that is because of us being a huge football club.

Administration and everything that came with it was a dark time in our history but I want us to leave it behind and not be defined by it.

cracking post, repped.

We shouldn't ever be saying because we could have ceased to exist that we should accept anything less than excellence. It's all too easy to make excuses. No pre-season, administration. Fuck that. It's time to move on.

cracking post, repped.

We shouldn't ever be saying because we could have ceased to exist that we should accept anything less than excellence. It's all too easy to make excuses. No pre-season, administration. Fuck that. It's time to move on.

Absolutely...have a rep. We are Rangers. We don't do mediocre. (tu)

cracking post, repped.

Far as i'm concerned this is the best platform to move on as well, we're not stuck in the SPL unable to compete with them. A part time league where we've been able to attract top division players and internationals, the circumstances couldn't be better to win matches, play good football and win trophies.

The away games have not been good, but I have fairly enjoyed the East Fife, Elgin City, East Stirling and Falkirk games at home. It would be magic if we were brilliant in every game, but it is unlikely to be the case as it never was the case.

I can remember plenty of times when my heroes such as Davie Cooper (God rest his soul), Albertz, Reyna, etc played a few dodgy games. They were still my heroes, and I always remember the good times.

Its early days, and time will be the greatest judge of all, so lets give it time. I think we will all know when it is the right time for Ally to move on/up stairs. It could be 4 months, it could be four years. Lets calm down and support the mighty Rangers then, now and forever, because thats what really matters.

You obviously missed last season then.

Aye alright then a guy in his 1st season of management failed to win the league or show good progress as everthing around him went wild and the club nearly went to the wall. Better sack him after a few games now that all the upheaval is in the far-off past and and we have a well settled squad. Give the guy a break man :craphead:

Aye alright then a guy in his 1st season of management failed to win the league or show good progress as everthing around him went wild and the club nearly went to the wall. Better sack him after a few games now that all the upheaval is in the far-off past and and we have a well settled squad. Give the guy a break man :craphead:

everyone gives Ally a break. Everyone loves him. But apparently questioning him means you want him sacked, banished, hung, drawn and quartered.

It's pish. No manager anywhere in world football should ever be above being questioned for questionable choices by the paying support.

Far as i'm concerned this is the best platform to move on as well, we're not stuck in the SPL unable to compete with them. A part time league where we've been able to attract top division players and internationals, the circumstances couldn't be better to win matches, play good football and win trophies.

We will soon enough, but it takes all managers a while to get a new side to gel, Ally deserves a fair crack. Last season would have been a nightmare for an experienced manager and it's not as if Ally was left with much to build upon

after all the desertions. Just hope we don't lose too many players to injury

The away games have not been good, but I have fairly enjoyed the East Fife, Elgin City, East Stirling and Falkirk games at home. It would be magic if we were brilliant in every game, but it is unlikely to be the case as it never was the case.

I can remember plenty of times when my heroes such as Davie Cooper (God rest his soul), Albertz, Reyna, etc played a few dodgy games. They were still my heroes, and I always remember the good times.

Its early days, and time will be the greatest judge of all, so lets give it time. I think we will all know when it is the right time for Ally to move on/up stairs. It could be 4 months, it could be four years. Lets calm down and support the mighty Rangers then, now and forever, because thats what really matters.

(tu) spot on m8

The games at Ibrox have been good, but we still havent got going until 1nil down. Why?

^

A good sensible post that. I agree (tu)

The games at Ibrox have been good, but we still havent got going until 1nil down. Why?

It's only fair we let them have 1, before we smack 5 past em :P

Ally's doing a decent enough job with the players he has available. It's the players who are on the pitch, it's them that have to do the job when asked - too many have turned up thinking it's going to be a canter only to find out differently. Ally needs to give them a few home truths about performances as i feel he's being too soft on them, not wanting to upset a few and getting the dummies thrown out the collective pram - a right good kick up the backside is needed. No-one is expecting massive win results, 1 or 2 goals is sufficient but they also need to play a style that gets those results - in the SFL they won't get the time and space on the ball which was afforded to them in the SPL, it's more rushed and the players need to adapt to suit. The referee's decisions aren't helping either to be fair - a lot of decision have gone against the team when fouls should have been given (but that's not really an excuse). I think Ally and his backroom team will be given until the transfer / registration embargo has been served then, based on results, CG will either back him or sack him - irrespective of how your or i feel about it.

everyone gives Ally a break. Everyone loves him. But apparently questioning him means you want him sacked, banished, hung, drawn and quartered.

It's pish. No manager anywhere in world football should ever be above being questioned for questionable choices by the paying support.

That's alright and always will be but there should not be talk of removing him or new roles this early, just seems unfair on the guy to me.

This thread has included in the title 'paulo sergio as manager'. That kinda indicates, at least in this thread anyway, that people aren't just questioning McCoist but calling for his head.