Ally on the board, paulo Sergio as manager

Dennis

I haven't seen anybody saying anything as daft as this although obviously there were some overly optimistic expectations prior to the start of the season. We are playing in the Scottish Third Division, possibly one of the lowest quality football divisions in the whole world. We are generally playing like shit and have dropped six out of nine points away from home.

I think people are perfectly entitled to ask WTF's going on.

Its not hard to work out what's going on. We have a new squad that struggles to work together and are playing teams away from home for home this is the biggest game of their entire lives. It was always going to be this way, in the second game it won't. Meanwhile we've done what was needed in the cups and at home. McCoist has done fine, the backlash is pointless.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that despite your claim that as a non 'old firm' manager to have won a trophy that he should be kept an eye on. I provided you a list of other non of tropy winning managers. All of whom went on to little or no further success in their careers.

Shiels only won his 6 months ago & Houston's still in the job - stretching a point a bit there!

They've all achieved in our particular environment - so they had what it takes, where WE are!

No argument to be had.

has anyone pointed out that losing Ally could damage us? He's been the one constant for this team and not just the club. Losing him after a couple of games could be the daftest thing our club could do after all the recent upheaval :beer1:

not many managers employed or unemployed around who would be worth the risk imo

Its not hard to work out what's going on. We have a new squad that struggles to work together and are playing teams away from home for home this is the biggest game of their entire lives. It was always going to be this way, in the second game it won't. Meanwhile we've done what was needed in the cups and at home. McCoist has done fine, the backlash is pointless.

I was at Berwick - they didn't look as if they broke sweat against us.

has anyone pointed out that losing Ally could damage us? He's been the one constant for this team and not just the club. Losing him after a couple of games could be the daftest thing our club could do after all the recent upheaval :beer1:

not many managers employed or unemployed around who would be worth the risk imo

I think most people would just like Ally to improve (or show some signs of it).

That's my view.

This ^^^

Ally has been to hell and back he needs backing!

Ally should just concentrate on football matters, he has more than done his bit over the past months for the club, and to be fair no one here has denied this - we are all grateful, we know how much the club means to him.

He can't help out if he is not in the Manager's role, there is no way he will take a place on the board with any real power nor I'd imagine wish to. The responsibility of speaking out on political matters such as League reconstruction, witch-hunt investigations etc. must be delegated to others.

Concentrate on the job at hand, its big enough.

I think most people would just like Ally to improve (or show some signs of it).

That's my view.

Has been more or less impossible for him to improve or show consistancy as a manager for a long time with all that has happened. Hopefully all will be well and the team improves, but far too soon for me, need to give the guy longer to show he can improve the team

Has been more or less impossible for him to improve or show consistancy as a manager for a long time with all that has happened. Hopefully all will be well and the team improves, but far too soon for me, need to give the guy longer to show he can improve the team

I see what you mean, but the away form, which is the issue here, has shown no sign of improvent since the end of July, in either results or performance levels.

We've got to keep this in perspective - remnants of an SPL squad, plus some signings that are current SPL quality - we shouldn't be making such heavy weather of it, especially given the generally good home performances.

From 4 clear goal romps to hanging on isn't quite in the script.

We're a full time team unlike the rest of the division and our players are of far higher quality than any others and are paid umpteen times what the rest are paid and we're in the FUCKING THIRD DIVISION. I'm afraid I don't think he's doing fine at all.

And it seriously pains me to say this.

Best place for you.

Enjoy your pint and contemplate why a side that is winning (fairly) comfortably at home can't put anybody away on their travels.

And with your 'any time we drop points' crack - on the road it 's EVERY time - again, give it a bit if thought.

Thanks for the condescending advice. You're correct though, the pub was the best place for me, I had a great time. Sitting in front of a computer screen is clearly the best place for you, don't want moaning faced weans like you in the pub spoiling everyone's good time. (tu)

Going away to tight pitches and tiny grounds was always going to be a leveler like a one off cup tie.

What the players are paid has little relevance and only acts as a spur to the opposition each away game.

There are guys who might make 3k a week singing and playing guitar in pop bands. Yet U TUBE has amateurs equally as talented who make nowt. We just have to find a way to win with what we have. Big time players never relish these games, but will love running out at Ibrox. It is going to be hard until players and manager get their head around it......and they must.

Thanks for the condescending advice. You're correct though, the pub was the best place for me, I had a great time. Sitting in front of a computer screen is clearly the best place for you, don't want moaning faced weans like you in the pub spoiling everyone's good time. (tu)

Glad you had a good time!

We 54 year old weans aren't allowed out yet!

(tu)

It is very concerning that Ally can see things aren't right but seems unable to do anything about it. Failing to win any of our first 3 away games is simply not good enough and it has to improve.

That being said, though, there's no chance whatsoever of Ally being replaced, in exactly the same way that Martin O'Neill won't be sacked despite Sunderland currently being on a run of no wins in 11 Prem games.

Give it 3 months; if both situations remain the same, then you might see some action.