Coisty, my new team needs time.

ray

My New Team Needs Time

WRITTEN BY LINDSAY HERRON

ALLY McCOIST insists his completely re-built team will come good on their travels after three disappointing draws in the opening five matches of SFL 3.

The manager revealed there was a team meeting to discuss the situation after the latest blow came in Saturday’s goal-less draw at Annan.

However he remains confident that his new side will overcome the current difficulties in the weeks ahead.

He said: “We had a meeting where views were aired and that’s a good thing but there were no raised voices.

“Everyone knows we have to turn our away draws into victories but there has to be a realisation that we are in a transitional period as a team and as a club.

“There is no doubt about it, the places we are going to, the opposition are having the time of their lives and rightly so.

“These players are saying it’s the biggest game of their lives when they play Rangers so that in itself is a compliment to us.

“We have to accept that and what we have to do is do better when we have the ball.

“We all know the pressures of getting results at this football club no matter which competition we are in.

“The flip side of the coin is that we have had three draws away from home so it’s not a disaster but I do accept we should be playing better with the ball away from home.

“I’m fully focused and certain that the results away from home will come but it’s not going to be an overnight fix.

“You look at the team that played Celtic last season, none of them started at the weekend. We don’t have Jelavic, Naismith, Davis, Edu or any of these guys – they have moved on.

“So we are going to need a bit of time. Having said that I do know that managers don’t get time. At the same time everyone has to have an appreciation of where the club is at the moment, but we’ll get there.”

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a decent statement, ally knows just like the rest of us the away form isnt acceptable. he is doing what needs done to turn it around.

i still have the utmost confidence in super and believe he will turn it around.

What's that ?

To a degree i believe him, it does take time for alot of new players to bed in, and this league has taken everybody by suprise. However our players are SPL level players and we have played enough games to get up to speed so if things dont change soon then Ally could be under pressure football wise.

Working hard behind the scenes.

What he not doing?

Winning more than we are drawing against part-timers and a holiday camp joke training regime.

Did you know of course you didn't, that Barca and Real train twice a day and sometimes three, something about practise makes perfection wonder if it works , but some people are just acceptable of mediocrity.

Winning more than we are drawing against part-timers and a holiday camp joke training regime.

Did you know of course you didn't, that Barca and Real train twice a day and sometimes three, something about practise makes perfection wonder if it works , but some people are just acceptable of mediocrity.

Go support them then, we know the results but what is he not doing?

(tu) When did this start happening anyway us only training for a couple of hours? Our players are supposed to be full time thats not full time. There getting paid more money and not doing very much training through out the week.

Go support them then, we know the results but what is he not doing?

I can see I am wasting my time with you, I will just throw you back in, what is he not doing ? must be about one of the most stupid questions ever asked here, especially when you got an answer and acted thick as shit in the neck of a Guinness bottle. :sherlock:

I can see I am wasting my time with you, I will just throw you back in, what is he not doing ? must be about one of the most stupid questions ever asked here, especially when you got an answer and acted thick as shit in the neck of a Guinness bottle. :sherlock:

Stupid question lol

I thought the resident experts knew everything from his body language to mind reading.

Why don't you start a thread in praise of 3 away draws. I reckon you are scared. :cgreen:

Scared of what ray?

You are the one who seems to be letting your fears cloud your opinion.

They also have a siesta should we do that aswell. Im intrigued as to where you get your info about our training schedules and techniques. Care to share this source ray?