Ally

#WATP

578 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally McCoist remain in charge of Rangers?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think he should be given a good stretch until at least January to improve results.

i dont think ally needs to be told to go, he will know himself if the time comes he will walk being the blue nose he is.till then ill support him

So many people saying he needs time. We were pish under his management in the SPL. Poor signings, massive lead squandered before any points deduction.

New division, but poor signings again and some simply appalling results and performances.

You have to be objective and stop defending him due to who he is. Others have been sacked for less. The only reason I am hesitant about him going is who could we get in???

Super, you're a legend. Top player and having met the guy, seen personally what a top bloke he is. But I've seen literally nothing to suggest you're a good manager.

Couldn't agree more mate the brand of football we've played pretty much every game under Super is Awful to watch:(

A legend YES a Good manager NO.

Love the guy to bits and it pains me to say it...but no. He should be given a position at the club which is still directly involving the football side of things but we need someone who knows how to (tactically) get the best out of these players.

We have the best team in the SFL but we're not imposing ourselves.

Do we have the same team as last year? No. Why do people think that we will piss this league? Stop being a shareen and get behind the team. No one said this would be easy but lets show our class and support our team. WATP No Surrender.

No. He should walk.

Although I said in another thread - This could be a blessing in disguise for Ally, he could learn from this and use it as a wake-up call to finally be his own man and stop making the same daft mistakes over and over again so we can move on from this and have a successful period under him as Rangers manager.

OR

He can continue trying to be Walter, make the same stupid mistakes he's been making and this could be the first of many more embarrassments this season.

The choice is yours, Ally.

I voted yes, but agree with a lot of what you say. After every bad game we get the same admissions and vows to fix things. Now is the time to fix things. Personally I would give him more time but continuing to have 'full time' players training 2 hours a day and looking slower, less motivated and with poorer passing than part timers is going to lose him support among a lot of the fans.

I don't like to see him being talked about like this and I don't want to see him get the sack so I hope he resigns. Green's a ruthless successful businessman and I expect he has already been checking who might be available and willing. It's just not working and it looks to me as though there's trouble in the dressing room. This may not be the best squad ever but it should be well capable of serious success at this level.

I voted yes because I think he deserves more time. Hes been so unlucky with wee Temps and Little, and I think he has had a bit of a raw deal going into his first managers job. We werent great tonight, but it was a goal in injury time that was well offside that stopped us getting the win with 10 men. What if that goal was chopped off as it should have been, we would have come back from a goal down to win with 10 men, it would have been a different story.

So he stood by us when we needed it, I think its time for a little loyalty from us, but that is just my humble opinion.

:mccoist:

I voted no. I think it is a given that every member on here will see Super Ally McCoist as a Rangers legend - one of the greatest people to ever be associated with our club. But it is so regretful to say that he appears absolutely incapable of being a successful manager given the evidence since so far.

I love him, and I want nothing more than for him to change the way we are playing and take us on to win SFL3 and all the way back to the top of Scottish football. But I am 99% certain he doesn't have it. I believe you either have it as a manager or you don't, and I think Ally is the latter. We just can not continue playing this way. The away results and tonight's are not good, but you could take it if the opponents had magically held out in these game. Anyone can lose on penalties of course.

However, I think everyone needs to face up to the facts that the football is atrocious, the set pieces are dire, the tactics are non existent and the substitutions are just for the sake of it. I love you Ally, but we need to see some evidence that this new team is improving and we are progressing very very soon, or maybe it's time to say it just hasn't worked out on this occasion.

So many people saying he needs time. We were pish under his management in the SPL. Poor signings, massive lead squandered before any points deduction.

New division, but poor signings again and some simply appalling results and performances.

You have to be objective and stop defending him due to who he is. Others have been sacked for less. The only reason I am hesitant about him going is who could we get in???

Super, you're a legend. Top player and having met the guy, seen personally what a top bloke he is. But I've seen literally nothing to suggest you're a good manager.

Eh? What planet are you on? Lets get rid of Ally and get you running the team ya plum. Every cant quick to blame the manager but its 11 bears pulling on the jersey. Can we sack you and get someone wi decent banter? Erse.

I didnt vote but I dont think Green or his backers will want to be hanging around in the lower divisions as they will expect to go up year on year.

I dont see the Ramsden cup as being their priority so with a little luck this result will kick start our season but Ally needs to start kicking some serious arse and get this team gelling before it goes pair shaped.

That's a no then?

I honestly don't have an answer.

I'm thinking it's only the ramsden cup which should be a cakewalk.

I'm thinking Ally had done superb in PR since admin.

I'm thinking he isn't good enough as a manager.

I'm thinking the Scottish cup and leauge are the priority.

I'm thinking Ally has the luxury of the whole season to get things right.

I just can't vote either way and no it's not a no vote.

If that game had finished at 2 - 1 before their offside goal there would have been hundreds of posters saying that was a great result. We went down to 10 men and played our best football. their equaliser was yards off side and the ref is a dodgy taig fucker with previous. A penalty shoot out is always a leveller.

We are a 3rd division side and the sooner people appreciate that the better.

I wan't him to stay at the club forever and have a role. Hopefully he will be a future ambassador.

However, I do feel his time is up as a football manager. Another cup exit and we have had a number of poor results this season, and the season before.

I still admire the man and see him as a perfect role model.