Ally

#WATP

578 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally McCoist remain in charge of Rangers?

Stupid question? It was meant to be rhetorical.

Play out the fantasy. A new manager will need time to settle in and at the end of the day he will still have the same squad. Tactics come in to play but sooner or later people will understand our squad isn't that fcuking good.

Bollocks.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question? It was meant to be rhetorical.

Play out the fantasy. A new manager will need time to settle in and at the end of the day he will still have the same squad. Tactics come in to play but sooner or later people will understand our squad isn't that fcuking good.

the sqaud isnt that good compared to what we are used to but its about 20x's better than the teams we are playing

I'm just back from the game, I'm cold and miserable and embarrassed at that performance. That said, I wouldn't have anyone other than McCoist managing Rangers. We've had some bad results coupled with bad performances recently but I have every faith that the team will sort this out and Ally will come good. If anyone deserves time and patience to turn this around it's Ally McCoist.

If that makes me blinded by the legend, unable to separate it from the man then so be it. I don't care, I will never criticise Ally. Ever. I will say that some people on here have the attention spans of 5 year old's.

He should be given more games, we're still in the early stages of this season, not enough to judge his ability. I agree though that it's not good enough at the moment, he needs to motivate the players more and show a bit of confidence at home, like having at least one player forward when opposition corners are coming in.

Ally i believe is the only man who could have got us through these past 6 months, he has been a rock and it is only his absolute die hard love for this club that has held us up, the man forever in my eyes will be a legend, and i thank him for all his sacrifices, he bleeds blue and is a fan deep down like us, this result hurt me, god knows how he feels. :disappointment:

I'm just back from the game, I'm cold and miserable and embarrassed at that performance. That said, I wouldn't have anyone other than McCoist managing Rangers. We've had some bad results coupled with bad performances recently but I have every faith that the team will sort this out and Ally will come good. If anyone deserves time and patience to turn this around it's Ally McCoist.

If that makes me blinded by the legend, unable to separate it from the man then so be it. I don't care, I will never criticise Ally. Ever. I will say that some people on here have the attention spans of 5 year old's.

I just returned the favour, you know how much Oscar despised equality. :cgreen:

Get real ya numpty... We shouldn't require last minute bull**** from anywhere! Surely?

What does my heid in the most is this fcuking belief that we have a devine right to win games. Did you ever play the game? The thing is when lesser teams play the big teams they raise their games. Might not seem like much to you but let me tell you it matters and it can make a difference. Remember Greece winning the European Championships? Remember Wimbledon beating Liverpool in FA Cup final? Organised teams playing to their strengths which is stopping the better team playing.

Narrow margins and I guarantee you that every single 3rd division player has been training outwith his teams getting fit as fcuk. Eating better, living better and basically working towards playing Rangers. Not every part time player is shite, or unfit or useless. There will be a million tales and excuses how they didn't make it or how they were binned by a bigger team and have something to prove.

If you have enough players pumped up then they will give any one a game. What we need to ask is if our players have the same passion and will to win. Blood and tears mate. Win the battle and the fitbaw will take care of itself.

So here endeth the lesson. :cgreen::P

What does my heid in the most is this fcuking belief that we have a devine right to win games. Did you ever play the game? The thing is when lesser teams play the big teams they raise their games. Might not seem like much to you but let me tell you it matters and it can make a difference. Remember Greece winning the European Championships? Remember Wimbledon beating Liverpool in FA Cup final? Organised teams playing to their strengths which is stopping the better team playing.

Narrow margins and I guarantee you that every single 3rd division player has been training outwith his teams getting fit as fcuk. Eating better, living better and basically working towards playing Rangers. Not every part time player is shite, or unfit or useless. There will be a million tales and excuses how they didn't make it or how they were binned by a bigger team and have something to prove.

If you have enough players pumped up then they will give any one a game. What we need to ask is if our players have the same passion and will to win. Blood and tears mate. Win the battle and the fitbaw will take care of itself.

So here endeth the lesson. :cgreen::P

Of course we have a fuckin divine right God is a Bear and we are the people.

For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care

So can someone explain what they would do better than Ally? Take the players for a pint? Give them a good gee up before the game? A kick up the arse? A cuddle? Some of your witty banter?

What the fcuk do you know about football that Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant don't know?

I fcuking worry about some people. Try and support the team and management instead of spouting bile. If you canny do that fcuk off to Penn State.

not sure if anyone has replied to this, but simply i would do the following:

1. Full-time training - morning is stamina/work-outs, afternoon is ball control and tactics

2. play players in their position. no more shoe-horning in

3. strict instructions that there is NO hoofball. players must make themselves available for the ball. couple of short options, and one long (not a hoof long, an actual long pass)

4. sit back and watch us destroy unfitter, less able football players.

that would be my appraoch. if players cant run rings round div 3 teams after some full-time workouts, then something is seriously wrong. this is a major advantage we should have.

The alarm bells are ringing. The stuttering of last season was washed away in the administration debacle. In the glowing spotlight of the lowest tier of Scottish football we are still playing like an amateur side. Ally has weeks not months to get this sorted. But I cant see any evidence of him being able to do that.

“It’s not a wake-up call for me it’s just a massive disappointment." That was part of Ally's statement after the game.

If that GAME - THAT RESULT - wasn't a 'wake up call' then what is? We were dismal, embarrassing, second to the ball, lethargic, unenthusiastic, lacking creativity, heartless.....I could go on and on.

Sadly, that is not the first time this season, in fact if we're being brutally honest, we are woeful. I can't help but wonder about our training regime - where are our tactics? We are negative in the extreme; we CONSISTENTLY play across the back and toward our own goal, even in circumstances where there is no threat. We seem almost afraid to go forward. I am not a football tactician, but the deficiencies in our play are there for all to see.

Now, I am unashamedly an Ally mcCoist fan, and I would hate to see him go. Personally, I believe that he should (at the very least) have until the new year, but time and patience is fast running out. I really don't have the answer to this, but how long do you wait before you make a managerial change?

“It’s not a wake-up call for me it’s just a massive disappointment." That was part of Ally's statement after the game.

If that GAME - THAT RESULT - wasn't a 'wake up call' then what is? We were dismal, embarrassing, second to the ball, lethargic, unenthusiastic, lacking creativity, heartless.....I could go on and on.

Sadly, that is not the first time this season, in fact if we're being brutally honest, we are woeful. I can't help but wonder about our training regime - where are our tactics? We are negative in the extreme; we CONSISTENTLY play across the back and toward our own goal, even in circumstances where there is no threat. We seem almost afraid to go forward. I am not a football tactician, but the deficiencies in our play are there for all to see.

Now, I am unashamedly an Ally mcCoist fan, and I would hate to see him go. Personally, I believe that he should (at the very least) have until the new year, but time and patience is fast running out. I really don't have the answer to this, but how long do you wait before you make a managerial change?

I disappeared from here last night with the line "I'll sleep on it" (or some such) as I didn't want to join with the knee-jerk reaction by some I'd clocked on here after the game, which to be fair would be an easy thing to do given the disappointment all of us felt after such an embarrassing result.

Well I've slept on it and to be honest, there's nothing in that post of yours I'd change. I agree 100%.

I reckon he's got until the New Year (maybe even Christmas?) to turn things around.

Others may differ ("but....but....but he's a pure legend!" :praise: ) but that's football.....a results-driven business.

I think Charles Green and his backers will be having some quite heated conference calls over the next 24-hours.

For them the word 'legend' has hee-haw to do with it - it's strictly business.

The worrying thing for me is the fact that WASN'T the wake up call...it would appears that's already been!

Thus meaning nothing has been done to solve the problem! While Ally is a club legend if results and more so performances don't improve quickly he could well find himself out of a job.

I don't think Charles Green will stand idly by as he has a duty to ensure we get back to the top asap for his investors.

He's had more than enough games as a professional manager, regardless of last seasons circumstances, this squad is also far superior to our oppositions.

I'm unsure if its a naivety or a lack of confidence in himself and his squad but in nearly every game this season we've treated our opponents with way too much respect and that's hurting us big time!

This may well end in tears if things don't get any better.

Love Ally McCoist to death. Met him at our local Golfy, hilarious and an absolute gent. However I have some advice for Ally. It's time to stop being Mr. Nice Guy. Double training sessions, players grounded etc. etc. I don't want you to turn into popcorn teeth and blame everybody and anybody when results go against him but I want you to start kicking arses big time. The players should be afraid to put in unacceptible displays if they know they will get the hairdryer treatment. All great managers use this tactic. Look at the best of them all, Sir Alex Ferguson. C'mon super, loose the Mr. Nice Guy till we win trophies. :mccoist: