Ally

#WATP

578 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally McCoist remain in charge of Rangers?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No brainer4, of course he should, the mans a walking gers legend!

he stood up for the club, hes full of passion!

This kind of thing is worrying. That goes without saying but is he a good enough manager? The evidence suggests not.

Have to say Im suprised at the reaction of the fans in here.

120 odd votes to get rid of Ally???!! I know this place is riddled with tims but Im suprised at the reaction to Ally.

I thought Chelsea had its fair share of spoilt glory hunting JCL's but this is worse. Rangers were shit in the 80's, perhaps some of you are too young to remember.

Ally, the players and the club need time to adjust to lower level football. The players need time to gel.

Judge him at the end of the season.

Rangers, however, should be using this opportunity to bring through youth players. They should also be playing decent football. Signing Brazilians and Greek players to play in Div 3 and 2 is also questionable.

I cant honestly see how Ally can turn it around as the personel we have at the moment are simply not good enough and to lose templeton the one man who could make the difference is nothing short of a disaster for Ally and Rangers.I thought last season that Ally was possibly not the man for the job but after all that went on he gained so much respect from everyone.Ally Mc Coist is a Rangers legend and always will be and i will always have the upmost respect for the man.Sadly for Ally he got the job at the wrong time but i wish him every success and hope and pray that he can turn this around as nothing would please me more but the players must stand up and be counted or were all fucked never mind Ally.

I cant honestly see how Ally can turn it around as the personel we have at the moment are simply not good enough and to lose templeton the one man who could make the difference is nothing short of a disaster for Ally and Rangers.I thought last season that Ally was possibly not the man for the job but after all that went on he gained so much respect from everyone.Ally Mc Coist is a Rangers legend and always will be and i will always have the upmost respect for the man.Sadly for Ally he got the job at the wrong time but i wish him every success and hope and pray that he can turn this around as nothing would please me more but the players must stand up and be counted or were all fucked never mind Ally.

Some would say that he is in the prefect scenario being dealt the 3rd division as the way to learn (how long ) in an inferior league.

Love Ally McCoist to death. Met him at our local Golfy, hilarious and an absolute gent. However I have some advice for Ally. It's time to stop being Mr. Nice Guy. Double training sessions, players grounded etc. etc. I don't want you to turn into popcorn teeth and blame everybody and anybody when results go against him but I want you to start kicking arses big time. The players should be afraid to put in unacceptible displays if they know they will get the hairdryer treatment. All great managers use this tactic. Look at the best of them all, Sir Alex Ferguson. C'mon super, loose the Mr. Nice Guy till we win trophies. :mccoist:

I couldnt have said it much better myself, he is loyal and i think indebted to some for their support, he is capable, more than capable, I didnt get the match but managed to see part of the game on alba, did anyone play well, any pass marks at all

Love Ally McCoist to death. Met him at our local Golfy, hilarious and an absolute gent. However I have some advice for Ally. It's time to stop being Mr. Nice Guy. Double training sessions, players grounded etc. etc. I don't want you to turn into popcorn teeth and blame everybody and anybody when results go against him but I want you to start kicking arses big time. The players should be afraid to put in unacceptible displays if they know they will get the hairdryer treatment. All great managers use this tactic. Look at the best of them all, Sir Alex Ferguson. C'mon super, loose the Mr. Nice Guy till we win trophies. :mccoist:

That is his public cheeky chappie persona ........but he is as hard as nails and does bear grudges as and when, he thinks he is right and others disagree,

He should be given till the end of the season ONLY because he is Super Ally.

Saying that, his signings bar one or two look shit.

The so-called `wee` teams are better on the ball and put pressure on our defenders because they know they can.

That is his public cheeky chappie persona ........but he is as hard as nails and does bear grudges as and when, he thinks he is right and others disagree,

Agreed.

Too many people just think of him on a Question of Sport or interviews from back in the day when he was having a laugh with Gazza ect. He is not a push over and as we have seen with guys like Matt McKay and Hutton he will make his own personal decisions if they get on the wrong side of him.

Agreed.

Too many people just think of him on a Question of Sport or interviews from back in the day when he was having a laugh with Gazza ect. He is not a push over and as we have seen with guys like Matt McKay and Hutton he will make his own personal decisions if they get on the wrong side of him.

And me sad.gif

I just can't answer this one way or another, so I won't vote.

Head says "no", heart says "shut the fuck up head, he deserves more time, who the fuck are you to ignore the shite Ally's had to put up with?"

I suspect I'm two days away from developing multiple personalities.

Who said that!?!?

Agreed.

Therin is a problem, man management is about taking the personal element out of decisions for the greater good, Ally better learn it and learn it quick.

I dont think that Ally needs to go, but we need some coaching staff who know about the lower leagues and how to get through them.

The manager sees the players on a daily basis in training (when they're not at home Tweeting, or at the hairdressers, or playing snooker, etc) and it's his job to motivate the players, to coach the players and, at times, to give a right good bollocking to the players when it's called for.

These aren't the job of a back-up team. They only provide support for the manager - they should be singing off HIS hymn sheet, not the other way around.

Ally McCoist (Rangers legend) doesn't have an infinite amount of time to change things around.

The support may cut him some slack....the Chairman and his backers may not.

Therin is a problem, man management is about taking the personal element out of decisions for the greater good, Ally better learn it and learn it quick.

That imo is not the problem here.

Many managers have done things like this in the past and some of the best in the game still do it to this day.

It's the set up of the team and lack of being able to change a game that worries me.

Come January we will be in the bottom half of the table! How long till people realise he isn't manager material no matter how much of a Rangers legend he is! Would love to see him do well though :(

Come January we will be leading the 3rd div.

People are getting very OTT on a defeat that should have never been. We had it won until the OS goal against what? A VERY organised side leading a division above us who have all played together, had a good pre season and were the better team for much of last night.

If the two best teams in div 2 were in dive 3 with us then we'd struggle, but I'm still convinced we will romp this league which is after all and must be no 1 priority, not this tin pot cup (I would have loved to win <cr> )

Ok I have the fear about next wednesday, but what will be will be till we are back where we belong sticking it to the mhanks and turning on the greatest ever ranger bar none is not the way to go about it.

We have a team thrown together last minute and full of kids with a cancelled pre season, we hit the ground crawling rather than running and tbf I think our home results up till this debacle were encouraging.

We need to fill the greatest stadium in Scotland to the rafters and roar em on as only we can, we need the billy boys with a different word in place of the one thimmy greets about, belive me when our hairs stand on the back of our necks at the first hullo hullo so do the players and the opposition shit it.

Did anyone notice a lot of passes going to the invisible winger we had not playing? How can that be Ally's fault? Anyone notice the woeful attempts at trapping some balls and chesting some down?

As for the long balls to Sandaza who was very well man marked ouot of the game.....enough been said already methinks. :anguish:

Thats more to do with coaching/training than actual managing, so while I agree we need change, maybe a proven coach to come in and shake things up but I voted YES as Ally should stay and learn with/from the coach.

Now lets draw a line under this shite and celebrate by BATTERING Montrose. :7325::7325:

A top tier team starting in the lowest division is unprecedented ( as far as I know ) so at the moment I can understand the results.Look at the surprises we see in the FA Cup year in and out with smaller teams as an example.The performances to date however have been quite shocking & I was surprised at Ally's interview on SSN after the defeat to be honest.I still think we should all be behind him ,he deserves at least that.If results and performances are still poor at Xmas it may be time to look at changing the management in full for me though and give Ally a position upstairs.

Stay.

If it was "normal" circumstances, people might have a case, but the last six months have been far from normal.

I checked the starting XI from the last game last season (4-0 St Johnstone), only McCulloch and Perry survive from that team. The squad has been ripped apart and virtually starting from scratch. McCoist is basically building a team from nearly zero, managers normally add a few players at most at a time to ensure team stability. McCoist has inherited instability and its 19 days since the transfer window shut and he got his final roster of playersm, all that should be taken into account.

I think that the squad we have is SPL level on a man by man basis but as a team it is currently playing at best like a mid-SFL1 team. What QoS had last night was continuity and a team that has been together for a long time. I think Ally will get it together in time and we will see the form improve to win this league.

Stay.

If it was "normal" circumstances, people might have a case, but the last six months have been far from normal.

I checked the starting XI from the last game last season (4-0 St Johnstone), only McCulloch and Perry survive from that team. The squad has been ripped apart and virtually starting from scratch. McCoist is basically building a team from nearly zero, managers normally add a few players at most at a time to ensure team stability. McCoist has inherited instability and its 19 days since the transfer window shut and he got his final roster of playersm, all that should be taken into account.

I think that the squad we have is SPL level on a man by man basis but as a team it is currently playing at best like a mid-SFL1 team. What QoS had last night was continuity and a team that has been together for a long time. I think Ally will get it together in time and we will see the form improve to win this league.

(tu)(tu):7325:(tu)(tu)