***The Official Forres Mechanics v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

I'm sick of people defending pish performances like this and taking pops at anyone who brings up any brutal truths. Before this game, anyone saying they'd take a 1-0 win would have been told to feck off by the majority or laughed at... now some of you are blaming the 'wind'... we have a team of professional footballers, their technique and ability should shine through against teams of this calibre EVERY MATCH.

Away games are a culture shock to what we're used to i'll agree, but the team we have should be destroying teams like this. 1-0 is NOT acceptable. BOTH teams today faced the same 'awful conditions' by the way.

I am sorry but look at my previous post and you will see I was one who was posting a narrow victory. These teams are all playing the games of their careers, this is as good as it gets for them. Of course they are going to give their all against us. We are playing a full season of cup finals against these teams, so what else do you expect.

I'm sick of people defending pish performances like this and taking pops at anyone who brings up any brutal truths. Before this game, anyone saying they'd take a 1-0 win would have been told to feck off by the majority or laughed at... now some of you are blaming the 'wind'... we have a team of professional footballers, their technique and ability should shine through against teams of this calibre EVERY MATCH.

Away games are a culture shock to what we're used to i'll agree, but the team we have should be destroying teams like this. 1-0 is NOT acceptable. BOTH teams today faced the same 'awful conditions' by the way.

I gave you a rep by mistake, BTW. :lol:

Stop fucking greeting ya big baby. Both teams were pish I think that's been said and was obvious. So tell me, is it easy to score goals in such windy conditions against anyone? If you say yes you've never played football in those conditions. And you say that 1-0 is not acceptable. So what are you going to do? Burn your scarf. Tear up your season ticket, if you have one? Demand the manager is sacked? Cry like a baby all night? It's disappointing when we don't hammer teams like FM, we would all agree, but you sound like a spoiled child.

What happened? Did you have your last tenner on 6-0?

I am sorry but look at my previous post and you will see I was one who was posting a narrow victory. These teams are all playing the games of their careers, this is as good as it gets for them. Of course they are going to give their all against us. We are playing a full season of cup finals against these teams, so what else do you expect.

Another Rep.. Just because.. You are right :happy:

A win is a win.

Look at last years tournament. Who won that? Some feeder club I believe.

I remember the beamers they had after their fist match in that competition.

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) 1 - 0 Auchinleck Talbot.

If memory serves right too, Talbot should have scored an equaliser at the death, to take it to a replay.

Perspective people!

A win is a win.

Look at last years tournament. Who won that? Some feeder club I believe.

I remember the beamers they had after their fist match in that competition.

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) 1 - 0 Auchinleck Talbot.

If memory serves right too, Talbot should have scored an equaliser at the death, to take it to a replay.

Perspective people!

Sheep (3rd div feeder club) you are right.. Have a broken rep.. And a Pint :beer1:

How did we actually play today ?

Feel free to say i'm nuts..

It wasn't pretty but we won..

Can you remember that 3-0 result.. at "the others park" earlier this year

Thats my definition of a bad result..

But in relation to today.. No one remembers the performance.. Only the result.. Feel an onslaught of neg REPS.. Taking cover :craphead: :craphead:

We won that's the main thing but the performance was lackluster against a bunch of amateurs.

I'll take a win over performance but there is a hell of a lot of work needed because we should and have to be better than the lazy performance today.

Nope... don't buy that for a minute. Even if each of them played the best game of their careers today, I'd still expect our quality - man to man - to beat them easily.

'Full Season of Cup Finals'... YES... But still against Division III/highland League... that doesn't mean we shouldn't be pumping them though.

If anything, using this defense only means you see the quality we have at our disposal as sub standard. We have a far better squad than you're giving us credit for mate. I'm sick of conditions/physicality/every-match-a-cup-final etc being used...

We won that's the main thing but the performance was lackluster against a bunch of amateurs.

I'll take a win over performance but there is a hell of a lot of work needed because we should and have to be better than the lazy performance today.

You are spot on.. Dont tell RG.. :craphead:

Nope... don't buy that for a minute. Even if each of them played the best game of their careers today, I'd still expect our quality - man to man - to beat them easily.

'Full Season of Cup Finals'... YES... But still against Division III/highland League... that doesn't mean we shouldn't be pumping them though.

If anything, using this defense only means you see the quality we have at our disposal as sub standard. We have a far better squad than you're giving us credit for mate. I'm sick of conditions/physicality/every-match-a-cup-final etc being used...

Well you maybe right or wrong. The team we have is neither an SPL squad nor a third Div squad. It is somewhere between these, where is open for debate. There are bears who posted that we would win every game, pum all thes wee diddy teams etc. All of a sudden we are discovering that these teams are raising their games for us as well as every other SPL team they meet in cups etc. I certainly dont think that is just a coincindence, they are uping their game and looking for every opportunity to get some sort of a result against us/them. Even if thats just a goal against us.

Well you maybe right or wrong. The team we have is neither an SPL squad nor a third Div squad. It is somewhere between these, where is open for debate. There are bears who posted that we would win every game, pum all thes wee diddy teams etc. All of a sudden we are discovering that these teams are raising their games for us as well as every other SPL team they meet in cups etc. I certainly dont think that is just a coincindence, they are uping their game and looking for every opportunity to get some sort of a result against us/them. Even if thats just a goal against us.

:praise::h34rt: