http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19786824

Complaint category:

Factual error or inaccuracy

Contacted us before:

No

Complaint title:

Rangers FC misrepresentation again!

Complaint description:

Once again BBC Scotland misrepresent the position of Rangers. Rangers are the same club now as they were in 1872, only the company owning them has changed. This is the legal position but for some reason your Scottish employees continually say that its a new club. The reason your employees do this is for you to ascertain.

Type of complaint:

BBC News (TV Radio Online)

What is your complaint about:

BBC News Online

URL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19786824

Complaint category:

Factual error or inaccuracy

Contacted us before:

No

Complaint title:

Rangers FC misrepresentation again!

Complaint description:

Once again BBC Scotland misrepresent the position of Rangers. Rangers are the same club now as they were in 1872, only the company owning them has changed. This is the legal position but for some reason your Scottish employees continually say that its a new club. The reason your employees do this is for you to ascertain.

Just called them about this on 03700 100 222 and explained the difference between PLC ( in administration ) and Rangers FC 1872 and that I will be going to OFCOM, please do the same as this has to stop!!!

I think we should be complaining at all insults but to London direct.

Totally agree! Don't ignore them....they will NOT go away nor stop getting things wrong!They aim to influence the people who DON'T know what's going on! They have to be stopped some way! If we keep complaining then just maybe somebody in a position of influence (not a taig) will take notice!

try writing to your MP's about lack of suitable responses to your complaints...

Ladies and gentlemen of RM, I present to you... the opinion of a BBC employee:

Jane Lewis ‏@JaneLewisSport

@Gundalun Is it not right to refer to ''Old club'' when talking about business side of things?! NOT when talking football just business!?

Aye, Jane, inspiring words...

They're all still at it, in the Express today (not normally too bad) they reffered to us as newco Rangers in the match report. :disappointment:

What the fucks going on, I thought all that pish was stopping

all depends if its a tim doing the match report.

Too many tims in media, should be put on a boat send it to the pacific and blast it

all depends if its a tim doing the match report.

Too many tims in media, should be put on a boat send it to the pacific and blast it

Too far/long, couple of hundred yards offshore between largs and millport would be fine viewing gallery and OP to "wave" at.

It needs to be escalated higher in the food chain. Complaints are all well and good but the point is they write what the want and issue some half baked apology but never change the article in question or learn from it.

Fuck the food chain.

Take it to the bastards' door again.

BBC Scotland don't bother to hide their hatred of Rangers FC, its fans or anyone remotely connected to the club.

It's gloves off time as far as I'm concerned.

Anything goes for these rebel fuckers from now on. :angry:

Ladies and gentlemen of RM, I present to you... the opinion of a BBC employee:

@Gundalun Is it not right to refer to ''Old club'' when talking about business side of things?! NOT when talking football just business!?

@JaneLewdCowSport: I take it up the arse - form an orderly queue.

Ladies and gentlemen of RM, I present to you... the opinion of a New new bbc employee:

Absolute no mark of a 'journalist' was pointed out it was oldco and newco but the history of the club is unbroken (despite their best efforts) got some mealy mouthed response. Same bear asked her about the Sportscene abomination but apparently "Twitter isn't the place for this.". They really don't like it when we hit back but they better get used to it. :cgreen:

Reply to my original complaint.

Thank you for your email.

In our reporting of what is a complex financial story, we feel it is appropriate to make the distinction between the old club and company, which operated the EBT scheme, and the new club and company, which claims to have no responsibility for past debts. That is what we were endeavouring to do in this case.

Yours,

New new bbc News website

http://www.New new bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

My reply to this.

Your reply only shows the ignorance or deliberate miss reporting of the subject by New new bbc Scotland. There is nothing complex about this story, the club was bought by another company. The club is the same club today as was in 1872, all its history is intact. This has been validated by the administrators and by Lord Nimmo Court of Session Judge plus many others.

Let me cut to the chase, your Scottish staff who report this nonsense support another Glasgow team. They are trying to rewrite history

Under UK copyright law, a company/club can NOT use the exact same logo as a company that is/are getting liquidated, so the fact we have the exact same badge shows were are the same club.

Wimbledon fans who bought the rights for Wimbledon ( after relocation to MK Dons and liquidation of them) they wernt allowed to use the same badge due to copyright, it is very similar just different colours.

So GIRUY New new bbc and Timmy.