This "culture shock"

Gaz92

Finally seen highlights from the Forres game. Well, if you can call it that, it was more a case of showing the goal and a few times apart from that that the ball entered the area at either end.

Another very much below-standard performance, and continued the inconsistencies of this season; fairly impressive at home, and not hitting the requirements away from home at all. At the same time though, if you look at the performances at home, they have very much came after the opponents have been worn down. I've heard it many times before that the players are suffering a culture shock, I've even used it before. It's completely different in these leagues against these oppositions, it's pretty much the toughest team wins between them, and, of course, it's a matter of life and death for our opponents just now - with every match seemingly the biggest of their career.

But how long can it continue to go on for? The "boot up the arse" should have came after the Brechin game. It then continued against Peterhead, before Berwick and Annan were similar stories, and it has seemingly become the norm. What can be done to halt this? As excuses of adjusting to the game can only last so long. Is it simply some of the players adjusting to life at the Rangers? We've had a massive overhaul over the summer, the playing staff is almost completely different, I can imagine such changes take a while to bed in.

Truth be told, I've only really seen us playing particularly well against Motherwell this season. We also played some good stuff against East Fife and Elgin, but nothing to get overly excited at the same time.

When will ideas be bucked up? Can the players motivate themselves in the same way they did for Motherwell than they can for the league games? The league has to be the bread and butter and is of course, a must win.

Time to get over this culture shock, the win away from home has finally came. It might not have been the prettiest, but it's surely time to let professionalism take control.

Always happy when we win of course.. but that football was amongst the worst I have seen in a long time. Any side away will fancy their chances. against us. That's the truth. 00000042.gif

The idea of going around trouncing teams and dominating the league is gone already. Teams are in for a hiding at Ibrox, but we've given nothing to fear away from home, and to be honest, we've been lucky to come away with a point at times. It's something that needs to be addressed, and pronto.

You would think we had a team full of seasoned professionals on the pitch the way some go on. Half the 11 who started don't have 100 professional league games between them never mind playing for a club as big as ours.

"As excuses of adjusting to the game can only last so long. Is it simply some of the players adjusting to life at the Rangers?"

Some of them are adjusting to playing 1st team football, some are adjusting to not being at school anymore, some are adjusting to being in another country, most have got absolutely loads still to learn about the game and the time they take will be different for them all and it certainly wont happen overnight or even before the season is done.

If we have a consistent and experienced 11 playing every week and struggling then I'll worry, for the moment I'm happy to see so many younger guys get experience which will be a great benefit to them and hopefully us in the coming years.

I know both teams have to play on the same surface, but them teams are far more used to it than we are. A consequence of being rich and powerful, our players are a bit spoilied.

Folks say the pitches look great and lush, but so does the grass on the green outside my house. When you get closer to it, it's full of worm casts, stones and not as even as you'd think.

Maybe we'd be better letting one of our training pitches become a wee bit overgrown and churned up a bit, then we could be better preparred and have more meaningful training season. Train on the good pitch when we're playing at Ibrox. Doesn't sound too much of an expense to sort out if it helps us back up the leagues.

Most of these wee clubs don't have plastic pitches for nothing you know.

You would think we had a team full of seasoned professionals on the pitch the way some go on. Half the 11 who started don't have 100 professional league games between them never mind playing for a club as big as ours.

"As excuses of adjusting to the game can only last so long. Is it simply some of the players adjusting to life at the Rangers?"

Some of them are adjusting to playing 1st team football, some are adjusting to not being at school anymore, some are adjusting to being in another country, most have got absolutely loads still to learn about the game and the time they take will be different for them all and it certainly wont happen overnight or even before the season is done.

If we have a consistent and experienced 11 playing every week and struggling then I'll worry, for the moment I'm happy to see so many younger guys get experience which will be a great benefit to them and hopefully us in the coming years.

The thing is, it's not the young players that have been worrying me. MacLeod has been one of our more consistent players, McKay has looked promising, and Aird has been a ray of light when he's featured. It's the likes of Cribari, Argyriou, Faure and Sandaza that have been the real bombscares at times. Have the likes of Shiels and Black brought the consistent quality that SPL quality players should? Probably not.

I understand these can take time to settle in, but there still has to be a question raised over them.

I know both teams have to play on the same surface, but them teams are far more used to it than we are. A consequence of being rich and powerful, our players are a bit spoilied.

Folks say the pitches look great and lush, but so does the grass on the green outside my house. When you get closer to it, it's full of worm casts, stones and not as even as you'd think.

Maybe we'd be better letting one of our training pitches become a wee bit overgrown and churned up a bit, then we could be better preparred and have more meaningful training season. Train on the good pitch when we're playing at Ibrox. Doesn't sound too much of an expense to sort out if it helps us back up the leagues.

Most of these wee clubs don't have plastic pitches for nothing you know.

[/quote

We've never particularly been blessed with the best pitches in the SPL either, to be honest.

When I watched the game on RTV I thought we don't want to score a second here....we won we need to find our feet away from home at least at Ibrox we look good.

Still think there's room for improvement at Ibrox. Still silly things like conceding slack, and early goals, before waiting til the opposition tires until we make the most of it. I'd like to hope we can build on the tempo from the Well game, but can understand that's a difficult thing to do.

Probably being a bit pedantic about the home form, but there'll be bigger games coming up in the future to prepare for.

Still think there's room for improvement at Ibrox. Still silly things like conceding slack, and early goals, before waiting til the opposition tires until we make the most of it. I'd like to hope we can build on the tempo from the Well game, but can understand that's a difficult thing to do.

Probably being a bit pedantic about the home form, but there'll be bigger games coming up in the future to prepare for.

I agree it ain't pretty at times but he haven't been able to play a settled team all season we have had the worst luck ever in terms of key injuries which has forced youth through... all youth players have to find consistency when stepping up so we have to be patient and the best times will be back soon enough for us.

Have to agree with this watching our defence against Montrose ar their Goal.

Our Defence where all over the place, but they have proved theu are up to the mark against spl opposition.

I think the bott needs to go up the Atse away from home and have a fast Tempo from the off.

No more excuses looks like attitude to me.

Put more eloquently than I ever could.

Spot on mate, never a truer word spoken.

Its a team of kids

Give them a break.

They will be inconsistent they will under-perform at times. Quite a lot of the time in truth.

But we must stick by them and let them develop into the core of the team.

When we get back to the top how good will it feel if Fraser, young Lewis and Barry along with Robbie and Kai are the main stays?

We will have watched a team develop.

They have all shown me they have something special.

Stick with it and yes we will have some poor results short term but the long term benefits will be much greater.