Was ray Wilkins a good player for us ?

watty.

Without a doubt a class player. I've always wished we could have tempted him back in a coaching role, think of the influence he could have on the young players in our current squad. If you think back to when he left his post behind the scenes at Chelsea they went down hill very soon after.

While at the end of his career he a was a great player for us.

He was the player of the season as voted by our supporters bus.

He could pass a ball like very few I have seen

While THAT goal gets all the headlines I remember a pass he made at Tannadice.

The pass looked impossible it was only about 15 yards but it needed a slight swerve and would you believe back spin.

He played it with perfection and if memory serves wee Stuart Munro ran on and either scored or played in another to score.

I doubt even Gazza could have played it.

:matron: High praise indeed.

But, I think its safe to assume Gazza not only would have played the pass perfectly, he would have done it blindfolded while playing the flute :D

I use to have 'Gizza Goal Gazza' on the back of one my tops as a boy, so I'm probably a wee bit bias. :happy:

Didn't know much about RW Rangers career so great reading the other posters. Crying when he left (tu) We are so much more than a club :21:

Cost a couple of hundred grand scored a cracker of a goal against them... tis enough for me..

I've got full 90minutes of this match on DVD and VHS and I've never got around to uploading it .Its rare as not one broadcasting Company did live coverage .I got full match from friend working in Stv

Razor was without a doubt one of the finest midfielders ever to grace Ibrox. I've never seen a better passer of the ball, an excellent technician I just wish we'd got him a couple of years earlier. Have a look at his career, he was genuine world class. I was there at his last game, what a send off he got, 'Ray Ray Super Ray' not only was he in tears but Ian Ferguson was as well. Says it all

Great player, he controlled the speed, rhythm and distribution. Cool head when it got a bit frantic, always talking; a real midfielder of superior quality. Tough as nails as well. We should try and get him in the coaching team.