Mancini

derek1872

What your saying isnt true though. Unless my calculations are wrong Jose spent around £180 million. Liverpool spent over £100 million at that time as did United. Im sure Barca and Real spent a fair bit then too. City have far more than any club has ever had or has ever spent. Its a fact!

So I'm making it up?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2321598/Jose-Mourinhos-transfer-spending-at-Chelsea.html

Aye right enough..

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cleary not a fact Derek since the owners of City are not the most wealthy in football...

You seem to forget at the time of Romans entrance to Chelsea no other club was spending that kind of money on that scale which nowadays PSG, Anzi, Chelsea, City ect are all spending big.

Progressed the team? They are worse in both Europe and the league this year. I didn't think they could be worse in Europe. I was wrong.

The money he has ploughed into the club it should be progressing every year. With less money spent Jose had Chelsea as one of the best in Europe already by this point.

Jose or SAF would be dominating European football with those resources at their disposal.

I wouldn't exactly call SAF severely shortchanged when it comes to his own funding. Fergusons had plenty, and been as equally disgraceful in Europe by comparison.

I wouldn't exactly call SAF severely shortchanged when it comes to his own funding. Fergusons had plenty, and been as equally disgraceful in Europe by comparison.

Hang on Ferguson has been equally as disgraceful in Europe as Mancini? You on crack? Man U have the best record of any CL team.

...read your own link Derek lol.

P.s the transfers like Paulo Ferreira were made under Jose..

He spent over £70 million in his first season..

Ah I hadn't realised they were under him. It claims they where signed in the 03/04 season. I was sure they had already signed pre contracts before his arrival. Even so he still spent half the money Mancini has and spent during a time when the economy was strong unlike Mancinis spending during a recession.

Hang on Ferguson has been equally as disgraceful in Europe as Mancini? You on crack? Man U have the best record of any CL team.

I'm having difficulty understanding that. By comparison since Mancini has took over at city yes ?

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to realise that Man City as a club are completely incompetent when it comes to appointing managers and signing players.

Ridiculous signings and equally abysmal football. Appear to be clueless.

United have the best CL record of any team in Europe ?

Yes they do! Its a fact.

You have completely decided to side step the fact they made the CL final 2 years ago while Mancini was at City then?

You are going to be proven wrong again here.

I don't particularly like City that much, but I think Mancini has done a more than decent job since joining City, and had to deal with alot and dealt with it grace and dignity. If he was to be sacked, City can and must only be sacking him for either Guardiola or Mourinho.

Good luck convincing the frequenters at the Nou Camp or the Bernebeu. Or even down the road at Anfield.

Total madness

Why would I need to convince them? United have made the final and semi final more times than any of them.

I don't believe City were in the Champions league that season so the comparison isn't debatable

How on earth is it not debatable. You're argument was United have as bad a record as City in the CL since Mancini took over. Its hardly Uniteds fault Mancini failed to get them into the CL that year. Are you drunk?

Why would I need to convince them? United have made the final and semi final more times than any of them.

What difference does that make ? You can't possibly be telling me your method of measuring European success is by counting the number of times a team has nearly won the competition?

I think I'll stick to my own trick of counting how many times a team has actually the won the thing. Much more accurate.

What difference does that make ? You can't possibly be telling me your method of measuring European success is by counting the number of times a team has nearly won the competition?

I think I'll stick to my own trick of counting how many times a team has actually the won the thing. Much more accurate.

You cant include Liverpool in your list then. To be fair Real and Barca have won it more times but on a consistent basis basis United have made the later stages than them.

How on earth is it not debatable. You're argument was United have as bad a record as City in the CL since Mancini took over. Its hardly Uniteds fault Mancini failed to get them into the CL that year. Are you drunk?

Mancini didn't fail to get them into the Champions league 'that year'

He was appointed half way through the season you are referring to and narrowly finished fifth, of which City failed to enter the Group Stages the next year due to the mess of Mark Hughes. So no, not debatable as City had no Champions League attempt. I'm not a fan of City might I add, I am presenting clear facts you are obviously misinformed of.

Is there anything else you need cleared up while I'm here ?

You cant include Liverpool in your list then. To be fair Real and Barca have won it more times but on a consistent basis basis United have made the later stages than them.

Wrong I'm afraid. Even it were true it doesn't justify measuring success by counting failures.

Mancini didn't fail to get them into the Champions league 'that year'

He was appointed half way through the season you are referring to and narrowly finished fifth, of which City failed to enter the Group Stages the next year due to the mess of Mark Hughes. So no, not debatable as City had no Champions League attempt. I'm not a fan of City might I add, I am presenting clear facts you are obviously misinformed of.

Is there anything else you need cleared up while I'm here ?

He didnt fail to get them into the CL that year? So they did get in then?