our champions league record

hammer93

Back in 95 we were drawn in the group of death of Juve, Dortmund and Steau, apart from prodans wonder goal(remember him) we

actually held our own in the 4 games against Steau and Dortmund but only earned 3pts.

The 2 games against Juve we were outclassed by a fantastic football side packed with first class footballers but this was overlooked

by the scottish press as they laid into our team and manager.

Now 17yrs on i am witnessing the mega bucks of man city come up a major cropper in the same competition, people will say we underachieved with some of our performances but results like last night just proves how tough a competition it is.

Instead of claiming we underachieved we should be happy that we have played in the champions league and competed with some of

the best sides in europe.

WATP :7325:

You forget what a great team WE had, one of Europe's finest squads - it just wasn't Walter's tournament, sad to say. His record was pretty shocking and it was a real period of missed opportunities CL wise.

If only we had got past the first hurdle on a few occasions it could all have been different.

Still, you had to enjoy it at the time. We didn't qualify in 07 but everyone will never forget the Lyon away performance.

Indeed. I meant a false dawn as far as that season was concerned, we humped Celtic 5-1 around that time as well and then just collapsed both in Europe and the League.

Back in 95 we were drawn in the group of death of Juve, Dortmund and Steau, apart from prodans wonder goal(remember him) we

actually held our own in the 4 games against Steau and Dortmund but only earned 3pts.

The 2 games against Juve we were outclassed by a fantastic football side packed with first class footballers but this was overlooked

by the scottish press as they laid into our team and manager.

Now 17yrs on i am witnessing the mega bucks of man city come up a major cropper in the same competition, people will say we underachieved with some of our performances but results like last night just proves how tough a competition it is.

Instead of claiming we underachieved we should be happy that we have played in the champions league and competed with some of

the best sides in europe.

I remember Gary Bolland nutmegging Angelo D'Livio in the Ibrox tie against Juve. I am sure the Italian hasn't lived it down to this day.

WATP :7325:

Game that sticks out for me is when Mols got that injury, he would have taken us through IMO.

There were a lot of games under Advocaat in Europe that we should have won or won by more such as Monaco (H)( (2000-2001), Kaiserlauten (H) (2000-2001), Bayern Munich (H) and (A) (1999-2000) and also the Dortmund Uefa Cup penalty loss that season in 2000 (tu)

There were a lot of games under Advocaat in Europe that we should have won or won by more such as Monaco (H)( (2000-2001), Kaiserlauten (H) (2000-2001), Bayern Munich (H) and (A) (1999-2000) and also the Dortmund Uefa Cup penalty loss that season in 2000 (tu)

yeah with the players we had we should have done much better.