Manner of defeat

simplythebest

That's what really hurt. Against a SPL side I suppose it could always go either way result wise but we certainly have enough resources to be competitive, we are not some ordinary third division side up against top flight opposition. Last night apart from a 10 or so minute first half spell we were outplayed by Inverness, second to every ball, losing pretty much every tackle, throwing possession away, having any attempt at an attack easily snuffed out, letting them in, it was pretty desperate stuff. We made them look like a top European side at times with our own display. Did we even have an attempt 2nd half?

The 28,000 who turned up were let down by the players and management for sure, I think most of us could have taken defeat if it had at least been a proper fight with some football played. Feels like another couple of steps back, albeit the cups aren't the priority.

Alas we have to move on, although I am wondering about drawing SPL sides again if we do beat Alloa. Would probably be best not to meet that lot this year anyway.

The players let Ally, and the fans, down badly. Some of them need to take responsibility for their woeful performances - no manager in the World can motivate a player who simply isn't up for the fight.

I agree.These guys are paid very well and have shown they can perform when it suits them.

That's what really hurt. Against a SPL side I suppose it could always go either way result wise but we certainly have enough resources to be competitive, we are not some ordinary third division side up against top flight opposition. Last night apart from a 10 or so minute first half spell we were outplayed by Inverness, second to every ball, losing pretty much every tackle, throwing possession away, having any attempt at an attack easily snuffed out, letting them in, it was pretty desperate stuff. We made them look like a top European side at times with our own display. Did we even have an attempt 2nd half?

The 28,000 who turned up were let down by the players and management for sure, I think most of us could have taken defeat if it had at least been a proper fight with some football played. Feels like another couple of steps back, albeit the cups aren't the priority.

Alas we have to move on, although I am wondering about drawing SPL sides again if we do beat Alloa. Would probably be best not to meet that lot this year anyway.

Correct we are not some ordinary third division side. We are a 140 year old club that had to bring together a WHOLE NEW squad of players that have been playing together for THREE months! Inconsistent performances will happen. Pretty much that same team smashed motherwell. Consistency will come with time as this squad of players mould together.

The players let Ally, and the fans, down badly. Some of them need to take responsibility for their woeful performances - no manager in the World can motivate a player who simply isn't up for the fight.

Agreed. It is not up to the coaches to motivate a professional player to kick a ball straight or to tackle. They were dreadful.

Correct we are not some ordinary third division side. We are a 140 year old club that had to bring together a WHOLE NEW squad of players that have been playing together for THREE months! Inconsistent performances will happen. Pretty much that same team smashed motherwell. Consistency will come with time as this squad of players mould together.

Motherwell is loooking more like a one of as time goes on.

well put totaly agree

We need a player that gives us a spark when things are going badly. I hope that Templeton will provide this, but having only seen him play once I am not sure.

We also need a striker, Jig is doing ok but he is missing more than he should be.

Our defence is pish poor, if we do nothing else but practice defending for the next month at training then it wont be enough!

Motherwell is loooking more like a one of as time goes on.

You'd could look at it like that. What about when we beat Falkirk? Inconsistency is expected with a 3 month old squad. You can't ignore that. You can say I'm just making excuses but, imo, it's just a fact.

You'd could look at it like that. What about when we beat Falkirk? Inconsistency is expected with a 3 month old squad. You can't ignore that. You can say I'm just making excuses but, imo, it's just a fact.

Well for me 17 games is more than enough for the squad to be settled, especially with the opposition being part time in the majority.

Well for me 17 games is more than enough for the squad to be settled, especially with the opposition being part time in the majority.

Then you are a fool. 17 games? Thats all any squad needs to achieve unity, cohesion and understanding? doh Inverness Caledonian Thistle aren't part time.

Our Third Division opponents are, we've had some shockers there. How many games do you think it should take exactly?

Nice insult thrown in.

You want me to tell you how many games it takes a whole new squad of players to bed in and become accustomed to each others game? I honestly don't know. Could you show me an example of a new squad assembled and how soon they gelled into a cohesive unit? We are top of the league remember. Sorry if the insult hurts you but its my honest opinion of anyone who expects a team thrown together 3 months ago to be playing anywhere near their peak.

If 2 pro footballers get put in a team and can't pass a ball staright to them or read what is the best pass then its bad days in football and they shouldn't be getting the money they are simple, don't go for all this its a new team pish the are all pro footballers its there job and right now there job isn't been done right !

It was a horrible game to watch. Too many of our players dont seem to give a fuck when the going gets tough. There is not one ICT player I would have swaped for one of our players in the line ups, we had more than enough quality to beat them. QOS and ICT games have been an absolute disgrace

If 2 pro footballers get put in a team and can't pass a ball staright to them or read what is the best pass then its bad days in football and they shouldn't be getting the money they are simple, don't go for all this its a new team pish the are all pro footballers its there job and right now there job isn't been done right !

So why don't teams assemble whole new squads every season? If it's ultimately going to have no negative effect, like you are implying.

Spot on mate

Al bear85 maybe because that would could mega millions, also why would you get rid of your good players? If your players are good no matter how long they have played together they should be able to read each ither its one of the skills of a footballer, they shouldn't need all these games to gel together that's just shite tbh.

Al bear85 maybe because that would could mega millions, also why would you get rid of your good players? If your players are good no matter how long they have played together they should be able to read each ither its one of the skills of a footballer, they shouldn't need all these games to gel together that's just shite tbh.

Right Oh. It wouldn't cost mega millions if they brought through youth players and bought some free agents with some promise. Anyone who sides with that view has no knowledge of football, and life in general.

Motherwell were higher up in the league and are a better team when we beat them than what ICT are now.

The ref may have been awful, but that was the worst performance I've ever witnessed from a Rangers team and certainly the worst tactics I've seen from any manager.

He's lucky he is who he is.