Will Hearts challenge us next season?

Boabe

Given that most people seem to think a realistic title challenge will still be beyond us next season the target will be 2nd place and decent cup showings/win. But will Hearts challenge for 2nd?

This season they had a terrible season and have sold many of their top players/performers while relegating many good players to the sidelines for no conceivable reason. However if they keep a manager for a full season and put in some decent performances they have the players to challenge us.

Even taking into account that Gordon will probably move if they get the 8-9m reported (id say more likely 5-6m) they could spend it on a decent player or two (although hopefully theyll just buy 10 FB Kaunas players instead) and could challenge.

What does everyone think realisitc challengers for 2nd place or will they underperform again?

it depends entirely on us, if we dont perform then hearts could come into the equation, but if we do well then they wont even get close. We should be battling for the title unless we are piss poor.

we will challenge for the title next year, unless celtic realy spend big!

Took your pills today?

Celtic will spend big, Rangers wont = Celtic win the title and Rangers battle it out with Hearts/Abedeen for 2nd

Cant see it myself, Talk 107 having been saying that Gavin Rae (header) has been involved in talks with them and that they are sounding out Leicester City with a view to signing Stephen (string legs) Hughes <cry> .

Dont see any problem if thats the calibre they are after.

F.C. Kaunas must have run out of players :pipeguy:

Guest TheQueensXI

wheres the spirit here? too many pessimists for my liking. the season is finished about 48 hours ago and we have weeks to see what happens, in terms of transfers in and out.

hearts wont be challenging, they will continue to be the joke of scottish football. they will continue to take kaunas' wagebill off them by loaning a dozen players. they will sell their best players. and if they get a princeley sum for gordon, they will probably waste that.

hearts? dont kid yourself. we WILL be challenging the tims for the league this season. doesnt mean we dont have problems, but they are hardly a class outfit - we have shown them that twice in the past two games.

no surrender.

I really do see why people still seem to think Celtic have been spending big. Since Strachan took over they haven't exactly spent large amounts of money, merely the money they receive in transfers they spent + maybe a couple million tops.

Yes they spent on Scott Brown, but they will more than likely sell players that will cover the £4-5m outlay on him. Rumours are already going round about Nakamura and Boruc going elsewhere.

Guest Euronymous
Will Hearts challenge us next season?

Off the coke now please..

Rangers

Hibernian

Hearts

Celtic

Aberdeen

...The rest

My standings and i hope it comes true. :)

I believe we will be a much improved team next season, too good for Hearts and the rest and good enough to chalenge the scum of this year. It simply depends on weather or not they improve as to weather or not we will win the SPL.

Ahh the negative attitude.

Have people started to settle for 2nd best already ?

Unnacceptable.

I don't think thats is question that should be directed at the fans.

It should be directed towards the Board.

We can only be as optimistic if they show ambition and spend.

That still remains to be seen, and as much as i hate it i think septic will win it if we don't spend.

(I don't if this has been said as I'm doing this on 'fast reply' but...)

Surely we should be asking 'Will we challenge Celtic next Season?'

Even at low points Rangers have beaten a full strength Hearts XI on numerous occasions. How many times did they beat us this season? Or last season when they achieved what was probably their full potential?

I'll wait and see who Walter brings in, and then take in a few competitve games, before I'll concede the League to Celtic at the drop of a hat. Its shocking the number of Fans who are not only dismissing alleged signing targets out of hand but are already writing off next season into the bargain. Shame on you :unsure: .

Too many of you are obsessing over 'box office' signings, rather than the need to strengthen the squad pool, which is far more important, and Celtic's alleged spending power. The Scott Brown business has totally distorted the situation as well. Celtic will spend but they will also sell. Most of their major signings are down to budgeting and book balancing (not that there's anything wrong with that) rather than any huge war chest.

Celtic's squad is now ballooning with Internationals who are sitting on the bench, or are in the stiffs, and are taking thousands each week. Gravenson is a prime example on £42K and he has stated he's going nowhere. He's not alone.

What's more Strachan's success owes as much to our incompetance as any flair on his part, Celtic have mediocre since January and I remain unconvinced that Brown's arrival is going to miraculously alter that.

So let's wait and see. After the season we've had we owe ourselves that much.

I don't think thats is question that should be directed at the fans.

It should be directed towards the Board.

We can only be as optimistic if they show ambition and spend.

That still remains to be seen, and as much as i hate it i think septic will win it if we don't spend.

Your spot on, but will the board show ambition if they know we, the fans, will settle for second best ?