Rangers and fans do Scotland proud on Saturday

ger50champ

Guys .What is the protocol for wearing the poppy on your shirt on Rememberance Sunday ???it just seems the whole of England had a poppy on there shirts at the weekend whereas this disgusting rodent infested Country had no respect for the men and woman who died for all we have now ??? Does anyone agree this is solely to pander to one club who does not respect our fallen ?? .Rangers Fc were a credit to those who gave there lives for our future on Saturday as we're our supporters ..It just amazes me that not one media outlet even mentions this or the disgrace that our Football authorities gets away with .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys .What is the protocol for wearing the poppy on your shirt on Rememberance Sunday ???it just seems the whole of England had a poppy on there shirts at the weekend whereas this disgusting rodent infested Country had no respect for the men and woman who died for all we have now ??? Does anyone agree this is solely to pander to one club who does not respect our fallen ?? .Rangers Fc were a credit to those who gave there lives for our future on Saturday as we're our supporters ..It just amazes me that not one media outlet even mentions this or the disgrace that our Football authorities gets away with .

Are you talking about players, or the population in general?

I didn't watch any other games this weekend, so can only speak for the population but I saw thousands of poppies on Sunday. That may have been due to being in Edinburgh and surrounded by rugby fans to be fair though.

Edit: I should add, that if you think the population of Scotland as a whole does anything to pander to that lot then you either have an overinflated opinion of their popularity or not a lot of faith in the Scottish people.

Everyone knows they are scum, was anyone really surprised there was no poppies worn at the piggery? It's the same every year. They say its political, I say it's bigoted

I wasn't surprised with the fans but was surprised that the the poppy wasn't on their shirts. It was last year. Maybe Peter Liewwell is just shit scared of ra Green brigade?

http://www.poppyscot...o_poppyscotland

But they never wore a poppy so burn the witch.

You are getting boring now. In your aggressive posting disagreeing with everyone just for the sake of it.

They gave a donation like everyone else, but where was there poppy on the shirt that everyone in Britain had on aprt from no marks St Johnsotne who were surprise surprise playing ra sellick.

You are getting boring now. In your aggressive posting disagreeing with everyone just for the sake of it.

They gave a donation like everyone else, but where was there poppy on the shirt that everyone in Britain had on aprt from no marks St Johnsotne who were surprise surprise playing ra sellick.

Who really gives a fuck if they wore a poppy. Surely ten grand is of much more use to the veterans who need it than a picture of James Forrest with a poppy on his celtic top?

There is no obligation to wear a poppy.

Who really gives a fuck if they wore a poppy. Surely ten grand is of much more use to the veterans who need it than a picture of James Forrest with a poppy on his celtic top?

There is no obligation to wear a poppy.

Well who really cares if David weir had a message on his shirt for William & Kate when they got married? The scottish media cared alot about that. And they were even trying to get Uefa to fine us for it.

But they don't care that the beasts never wore a poppy?

Well who really cares if David weir had a message on his shirt for William & Kate when they got married? The scottish media cared alot about that. And they were even trying to get Uefa to fine us for it.

But they don't care that the beasts never wore a poppy?

No, and neither they should. Neither do I. Neither do a number of ex-servicemen I know.

Answer me this simple question. Which is more important to the poppyscotland/british legion appeal? A greek footballer wearing a poppy on a football shirt or £10000 to continue the fantastic work done by both organisations?

No, and neither they should. Neither do I. Neither do a number of ex-servicemen I know.

Answer me this simple question. Which is more important to the poppyscotland/british legion appeal? A greek footballer wearing a poppy on a football shirt or £10000 to continue the fantastic work done by both organisations?

The point is the Greek footballer as you so put it wears it out of respect, not only for the people who it honours but also for the country he now lives in.

The point is the Greek footballer as you so put it wears it out of respect, not only for the people who it honours but also for the country he now lives in.

No they don't. They wear it as its the shirt the kitman gives them. A lot of EPL players changed their shirt at half time at the weekend which meant some no longer carried the poppy motif. Did they only respect the poppy for 45 minutes? If celtic dont 'respect' the campaign why was Charlie Mulgrew pictured and interviewed handing over a cheque for £10k to poppyscotland at their training ground, in their training kit, yet they never wore a poppy shirt?

No they don't. They wear it as its the shirt the kitman gives them. A lot of EPL players changed their shirt at half time at the weekend which meant some no longer carried the poppy motif. Did they only respect the poppy for 45 minutes? If celtic dont 'respect' the campaign why was Charlie Mulgrew pictured and interviewed handing over a cheque for £10k to poppyscotland at their training ground, in their training kit, yet they never wore a poppy shirt?

So the muppet that plays for Sunderland never had a say in what he wore then , is that right?

So the muppet that plays for Sunderland never had a say in what he wore then , is that right?

So each and every celtic player chose not to wear a poppy shirt? is that right? Not only that but they don't respect this country (and in some instances their own families?)

McLean did have a choice, He could wear the poppy shirt prepared for him or he could use his back up shirt wich didn't bear a poppy. He choose his back up shirt.

So he did have a choice then , just like every person has a choice.

My coat yesterday didnt have a poppy on it, i chose to put one on it.

I would say as well i was making an observation , if you feel the need to defend them thats fine with me.

Isnt it the very people who we wear a poppy for that allows you to make such defiant responses in their favour ?

So he did have a choice then , just like every person has a choice.

My coat yesterday didnt have a poppy on it, i chose to put one on it.

I would say as well i was making an observation , if you feel the need to defend them thats fine with me.

Isnt it the very people who we wear a poppy for that allows you to make such defiant responses in their favour ?

It most certainly is. Which is why this new found 'pappy fascism' is utterly ridiculous. It is up to each person if they wish to wear a poppy. I do sometimes, I don't others. The insistance that every man woman and child must wear a poppy is verging on ridiculous. In this case I do feel it appropriate to defend them. They have donated 10k to poppy scotland. That alone deserves some kudos. Wearing a poppy on a football shirt wont add a single penny to that amount.

Excuse me but you do realise that imposing a law that forces people to wear an object on their body actually desecrates the graves of the fallen war heroes more than 'not wearing a poppy' ?

What is the law that is forcing people to wear a poppy and who is enforcing this law?

It most certainly is. Which is why this new found 'pappy fascism' is utterly ridiculous. It is up to each person if they wish to wear a poppy. I do sometimes, I don't others. The insistance that every man woman and child must wear a poppy is verging on ridiculous. In this case I do feel it appropriate to defend them. They have donated 10k to poppy scotland. That alone deserves some kudos. Wearing a poppy on a football shirt wont add a single penny to that amount.

I have my concerns about the poppy bit too. I wore one, but would defend to the last my right not to if that's what I so choose. I wasn't going to speak about it on here but find myself in a bit of a rage.

I have a real problem with it's use as any kind of point scoring tool. Whether that be our supports anger towards them for it, but especially due to the furore last year over it being on football tops or not.

The press was kissing Nike's arse over the boots they made, gleefully snapping picture after picture and creaming themselves over the fact that Hart and Terry etc had the poppy on their boots. What they seemed to fail to notice was the fact that Nike had clearly placed the poppy right above their beloved corporate tick slogan and were reaping the benefits of every outlet in the land advertising for them for free, and getting credit for it!

It's atrocious.

The poppy is a fitting symbol for the people lost through war and I dry heave at the thought of anyone using it as any means of point scoring or advertisement. It sickens me.