Opinions on rangerstv.tv ?

JMac_88

Really intrested in Purchasing a Rangers TV Plus Package.

But just wondering for anyone with a membership

How good is the content?

Do they show select games live and then highlights of others?

I guess the Rangers TV Plus Package will include the East Stirlingshire game on SAT?

Thanks in advance.

I guess the Rangers TV Plus Package will include the East Stirlingshire game on SAT?

No it won't:

Edit: Yes it will. see 2 posts down.

You do get the ES game live if you sign up for the Plus Package

"- Note this does not include the live match service"

If you already have the standard, you will still need to pay £5.99 for the ES game.

Apart from this one free game (?), I'm still struggling to see what the Plus service offers that the standard service doesn't.

The only listed difference for the extra £7 a month is:

Plus: -" Access any RTV programme as often as you want"

Standard: - "Watch any programme on the RTV player twice"

But that's not true, because I have Standard, and have accessed several programmes far more than twice with no problems

Really intrested in Purchasing a Rangers TV Plus Package.

How good is the content?

Do they show select games live and then highlights of others?

There is a fully accessible match archive which has full coverage of every game since season 2009/2010 (including European games) right up to the Peterhead game - you can watch any of those games whenever you want. Got to be worth £5 a month for that alone?

Some of the coverage is Rangers.tv (especially these days) which means camera angles, replays and sound effects are a bit lacking, but if Sky or whoever covered that particular game, then it's their coverage that you get.

You can't watch the latest match live, but it becomes available at midnight.

"- Note this does not include the live match service"

I've just seen this on the website:

"The LIVE match is available for a one off pay per view price of just £5.99 or sign up to RangersTV Plus for access to our full footage archive including the East Stirlingshire game LIVE, for just £12 a month or £96 a year."

So, you do get the ES game live on Plus package. But that sounds to me like a one-off offer - I don't think you will get any other games live afterwards included in that price

I personally would still go for Standard (£5 per month), and just pay per view (£6) one game a month, rather than getting Plus (£12 a month) just to watch ES live, but then still possibly having to pay £6 for each live game

While I'm on the subject - I think £6 is too dear, given that it's not exactly Sky Sports quality tv production - £4 would have been a much better price, and they would have surely got a much bigger uptake.

If you subscribe, can you watch via iPad? I don't know if it works via a flash player which iPad doesn't have.

Doesn't look like it...

Do I need special software ?

You will require Adobe flash player. This is available at adobe.com.

You will also need to enable Javascript.

RangersTV will work on a Mac or a PC (Windows or Linux).

If you subscribe, can you watch via iPad? I don't know if it works via a flash player which iPad doesn't have.

It doesn't support it, or at least it didn't when I tried a while back.

Hopefully an app will adopt a similar approach to skygo sometime in the near future.

So i just signed up to RangersTV.

The layout for the site can be difficult to navigate. Sometimes the video loading can be abit of a hit or miss. (Some of the archived matches fail to load) Wish their was a easy way to report faults with the site.

I hope the streaming of the game on Saturday goes without a hiccup!

although with that said the content is very good, although i would much prefer the interviews with Whyte to be removed!

Rangers.Tv can only get better and hopefully they improve things over time. (Hopefully they can stream most of the games which are not on Sky/Espn-Would be a coupe for alot of the UK fans.)

Not to mention the amount of fans who would tune in to a legit stream instead of streaming from a third party site. Can only be a good thing for the Club,

hate to be harsh but paying £6 to watch the game on a computer is a rip off

Hate to be harsh too, but where else you gonna see it? if you can't get to the game, if it not on T.V. And the money you pay goes to the club not throught a 3rd party like SFL/SPL SKY Etc.....

I tried to watch the Alloa game in the archive, but it fails to load. (Simply due to i missed the game due to Work) Quite a few matches from the current season fails to load

might contact Tech support regarding the few issues i have experianced over the past couple of hours.

I'll need to have a look, the skyfire app may be the way to go for the Ipad.

Also need to check, it has added the game to my account, went through as though it was charging for it but never got a receipt email so maybe I havent, but maybe you have to go through the process as though you are buying it, we'll see.

I tried to watch the Alloa game in the archive, but it fails to load. (Simply due to i missed the game due to Work) Quite a few matches from the current season fails to load

might contact Tech support regarding the few issues i have experianced over the past couple of hours.

I can help you out there.

when you click on alloa, the url is this...

http://www.rangerstv.tv/view.php?it=10622&c=On%20Demand

but it should actually be this...

http://www.rangerstv.tv/view.php?it=10621&c=On%20Demand

So either edit your address or just paste the above link in to browser.

Any other games that fail to load, just look at the URL, and change the number by 1 or so either way.