The SPL Fightback?

maverick1200

We've gone from no so-calle football authority or leader taking the lead on league reconstruction to all so-called football authorities suddenly dishing out thoughts. 'It's me, me...look at me, my ideas are the best' 'No, no, won't work we have the best proposals here'.

I still maintain that the SFA and SPL leaders and their senior exec teams have no credibility whatsoever after the incompetent and anti-Rangers shambles they presided over (indeed seems to me they orchestrated it). So how can Rangers take league reconstruction proposals seriously if these clowns are seen to be anti-Rangers and incompetent beyond the lowest levels of incompetence for so-calld football senior executives?

My starting point for meaningful discussion on league reconstruction would be the replacement of SFA and SPL CEOs and their senior teams with persons who are respected throughout Scottish football, and especially respected by Rangers. I reckon that happens and confidence in the leadership is restored then most of all of the proposals are just hot air bellowed out by the loudest of untrustworthy voices by people who are akin to snake-oil salesmen consumed by their own products.

No doubt a committee of the sporting integrtity great and good will be convened to endlessly debate the options. Stalemate will be the order of the day fed on a diet of hot air and self-centered opinion. Rec kon it would take a handful of clubs going into adminstration or lquidation in close succession to galvanise thinking and for a genuine leader of stature and respect to emerge who could forge a restructuring that all clubs - especially Rangers - could buy into. But my real suspisions are that club after club will flirt with administration / liquidation / winding up only to be rescued by some elaborate deal that keeps the patient of some form of life support for a bit longer and then on to the next crisis.

In all of this we (Rangers that is) need to keep our eye on our own objectives which must be to win the games we play, win the league we are in and look for a way to get back to CL football as fast as possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are now seeing the signes of the beggining of the end of the Stupid corrupt SPL.

As one of the guys said ,we are in no hurry and in Twelve months time we will be stronger and Healthier to move to the Top .

Lets just watch the slow death of those Haters who came against us ,and spewed lie after lie about our Club and Fans.

The above is also aplicable to the BBC, which should be closed down asap, they are in no position to take the moral high ground .

Change will and must happen, and is inevitable they know it all too well.

I'll chip in with something.

I would suggest whatever happens here the SFL have the upper hand.

The SFL has 30 member clubs (members of the SFA).

The SPL has 12 member clubs.

The SFA is controlled by its member clubs i.e the executives etc are hired by the member clubs.

Therefore is it not the case that Regans job depends on those SFL 30 member clubs giving him a vote of confidence to remain in his job regardless of wether he has the support of the 12 in the SPL?

Could the SFL member clubs not just remove him if they don't get pretty much their own way and replace him with some one who will?

I wouldnt obviously be as blatant as that but if the SPL dig their heals in with no consideration for the rest of the clubs (which going by their reconstruction plans is obvious IMO) then they would have no other choice but to play any card available

The SPL is the ONLY league people are interested in. Just look at the attendance figures at all these packed out 5***** stadia around the country (for example,the attendance at the recent future CL winners V St.Johnstone game was so massive that the BBC couldn't give a crowd figure for it) plus the astronomical viewing figures for the Dundee games are mind boggling.

The 60,000 new St.Mirren supporters will indeed pack out Love street (when they eventually find it) in anticipation that they will play in the CL next season,along with Hearts FC who will be included along with the other two SPL clubs who are given automatic entry into the group stages because of the surge in quality teams and interest in Scotlands premier division.

OK Nurse, I'll get my medication in a minute as soon as Messrs Dorchester,Liewell and Rhegan leave <cr>:blink:

Three divisions respectively of 16, 10 and 18 teams (42 + RFC and CFC reserves) = 44 teams.

It is a lunatic concoction, is it any surprise that Charles Green said he had 'landed on the planet Zog' ?

If the plan is for 3 divisions, then 3 of 14 teams each (the third with 16 teams if the reserves are included) is more balanced.

With only 42 teams, two divisions would make more sense still, say 20 and 22 teams (no reserves).

That is assuming there will be 42 teams available should reconstruction ever occur.

The SPL is the ONLY league people are interested in. Just look at the attendance figures at all these packed out 5***** stadia around the country (for example,the attendance at the recent future CL winners V St.Johnstone game was so massive that the BBC couldn't give a crowd figure for it) plus the astronomical viewing figures for the Dundee games are mind boggling.

The 60,000 new St.Mirren supporters will indeed pack out Love street (when they eventually find it) in anticipation that they will play in the CL next season,along with Hearts FC who will be included along with the other two SPL clubs who are given automatic entry into the group stages because of the surge in quality teams and interest in Scotlands premier division.

OK Nurse, I'll get my medication in a minute as soon as Messrs Dorchester,Liewell and Rhegan leave <cr>:blink:

Ok who gave you a copy of the SPL's next statement?

That's my understanding of it. Let the SFL restructure and invite the teams, hopefully this will see the SPL burn for good.

Only one team to invite and their house of cards crumbles.

Auld slanty eyes is first and foremost a business man.The OF game is a global money spinner .

Hate to admit this but ra sellick could be the ones who finally destroy the spl.

Ok who gave you a copy of the SPL's next statement?

I have a mate who is influential in the corridors of power at Hampden HQ (actually he is the janitor) and he stumbled across this document as he was rifling through the desk cleaning the desk of the SPL's head honcho, Mr Liewell :pipe:

I have a mate who is influential in the corridors of power at Hampden HQ (actually he is the janitor) and he stumbled across this document as he was rifling through the desk cleaning the desk of the SPL's head honcho, Mr Liewell :pipe:

His mate's my mate..........the taxi driver :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We're not in Europe for another 3 years..Personally i'm in no rush to get to the SPL and help those fuckers out.

Division 2 here we come

Exactly, these fkrs only want us back in their for the money we bring to the game, and since we can't play in Europe for another two years after this one, I think we should take the scenic route back to the top!

One business tip I learned was never to throw good money after bad, the SPL is a shite product. I was sick of seeing the Scum four possible six if we met the Mhanky coonts in any of the cups. Far better playing teams home and away, so that means bigger Leagues imo.

I have heard some say who wants to see the likes of Morton or Airdrie, well the same 48000 that are regularly turning up to see likes of Elgin and Montrose that's who.

Don't forget this current SPL was set up on the behest of Fergus McCann and ra Sellik football club. So they will fight tooth and nail to retain the status quo. Forget the nonsense of England, the scum want to get as close to our titles total while we are incapacitated. TIME FOR CHANGE. :cgreen:

The way I see it with two exceptions is the SPHell won't amend their thinking on reconstruction proposals in any useful way thinking that the clubs from the so-called lower leagues will mind their manners and eventually cave in and agree SPHell proposals. The SPHell lot still think they are the big guys who call the shots and that they can bend the will of the SFL to suit an economic outcome from reconsruction weighted out of all proportion in favour of the SPHell. And the SFL will hold its ground having been abused and shafted by the SPHell and SFA. Doncaster and Regan are discredited and distrusted and the SFL (and in particular Rangers) might very understandably not be willing to enter into any serious discussions while these people are in post. Ergo stalemate of talks about talks then talks themselves but with the gaps between the parties being so vast - including distrust of Regan and Doncaster - that they are just empty talk and we all stumble along as we are for quite a bit longer. Except that Rangers will get stronger and stronger - on the park and financially and with a massive loyal support and global reach. Eyes on european reconstruction might take more of our attention if Scottish reconstruction skulks about in a never-ending doldrum of disagreement.

The exceptions? (1) SPL clubs falling into severe financial distress (eg entering into administration or worse) with no sensible ability to recover in the long term other than through a restructuring that generates a football product that fans and TV will respond to. This might trigger a collapse in the SPHell and accelerate a restructuring; (2) Assuming (1) does not happen and clubs somehow cut their cloth and muddle through then unless they adjust their finances to accommodate whatever TV money is available next time the contracts come up for renewal they are busted.

Oh, SFA intervention? IMO effective intervention with a distrusted incompetent Regan as CEO is nothing short of an incredible notion.

To get effective reconstruction talks going my belief is that the CEO SPHell and SFA Czars and their senior lieutenants should be removed from post (resign or be fired as they are proven incompetents who cannot be trusted by the rest of Scottish football), and then replaced by experienced football people who have the trust and confidence of the SFL and SPL clubs. Without that I reckon reconstruction talks will just stumble on without success.

Because both organisations would probably cease to exist in their current form. I suspect the members of both would need to agree to that.

Yes the SFL could say they are creating a new top league, without the consent of the SPL, but it would be the equivalent of the currrent 1st division, i.e. no European places.

As far as European places go the SPL holds the key, unless the SFA steps in, which is touched on in the article.

surely no different to when spl was voted in ????? when we were the scottish league ????

The SPL want to set up an SPL 2 and hope around 14 SFL clubs will jump ship

We need to make it clear we won't be one of them

Green has already said we won't be playing in the SPL..........

but now's the time to reaffirm our commitment to the Football League

They are entitled to our support

I couldn't see a thread on it here or in general sports but has everyone seen the SPHell reconstruction plans. I nearly fell off my seat laughing. 24 team SPL over two leagues, that splits after two rounds of games into 3 leagues. Yes 3!! That is surely Doncaters suicide note right there. SPL a joke

I couldn't see a thread on it here or in general sports but has everyone seen the SPHell reconstruction plans. I nearly fell off my seat laughing. 24 team SPL that splits after one round of games into 3 leagues. Yes 3!! That is surely Doncaters suicide note right there. SPL a joke

I read that (joke of a suggestion).

That is the only way they can guarantee 4 games between us and scum....for the tv deals. They obviously forgetting CGs stance....no Gers in SPHell