Has anyones view on Murray changed?

Redwhiteandblue

Not cut and dry this one, he is proven innocent on the alleged ebt,s

Bottom line is many in here won't want to say they were wrong if they believe they are, many people have lots to answer, the bank undoubtedly played a part but he has his faults.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to HMRC choosing to make an example of us.

But there was always a chance that could happen, and Murray took that risk.

Most likely he figured that the EBT loan scheme would be simply closed down at some point, like most other tax loopholes.

But we ended up in a situation, where HMRC weren't going to do us any favours by making an early decision - they effectively drove us into liquidation by refusing to settle.

Legally we might now have won, but was it a risk worth taking?... we ended up paying the price, one way or another..

None of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the septic minded shit in the HMRC.....David Murray ALWAYS maintained the EBT Scheme was legal....but yes he maybe could and should have handled things differently....but cant pillary him for bringing the NINE IN A ROW....so for that..Ive cut him some slack...

Rangers Then...Rangers Now...Rangers Forever...

:21:

No Fukkin chance, he never stood by us when all they beadrattlin bastards attacked us,

and that along with the financial mismanagement ( ie, bain's obsession with selling player's for fukk aw )

lead to the situation that we found ourselves in up until yesterday.

Absolutely not as I have stated a few times on here and in my opinion he was the best thing that ever happened to Rangers.

I cannot remember ANY one complaining how he went about his business when we were winning all those NINE titles in a row.

He himself put MILLIONS into our club, we had our debt under control and along came the recession which was caused by the banks,

unfortunately our bank was run by a taig who insisted in gathering in all debts owed to the bank which left him no option but to sell.

Remember also there was a lot of underhand dealings done by the bank to get a buyer which he had no control over.

In my 55 years as a Rangers supporter there has been only one person I did not trust and that is the guy who put us in the shit as

he was only interested in making a fast buck (which fired back big time on him).

Apart from being forced to sell to Craig Whyte because he was shitting it over the BTC. Now that he hasn't really done all the things he was being accused of, ruining Rangers etc..

Has anyone had a change of opinion?

Hard to say as i blame him most for selling to Shyte, and no amount of vindication on EBTs will change the fact that he knew shyte was bad news all over and still he sold to him. Also Murrays silence and lack of fight against all our enemys lead to the kind of climate where things like Rangers Tax Case website, Mad Phil, Britney Queers ect, could lie and slander the club and us supporters without fear of challenge. Overall i would say i have still got along way to go before i could look favourably on David Murray.

Murray was a liitle man with a big ego and even bigger money. Rangers were only a trophy to him,. Yes, he brought us a lot of glory, but that was a two way trip and when his integrity and loyalty were called for in our time of crisis he was found sadly lacking.

Time will tell but I feel Mr Green's integrity may prove a lot stronger

The hate should be directed at lloyds bank . They forced Murray to sell , they were pulling the rug from him on all of his businesses as his banking covenants were being breached .

Perhaps if Murray was to come clean about this there may be some way back for him but to insult our intelligence by trying to say he thought whyte was a good guy just adds insult to all our injuries

No way.

When the shit was presented to him he in turn presented it to the club.

Self preserving is his game.

They say rich folk don't get that level of wealth without shitting on others.

He is a dab hand at it and we were the victims this time

Hopefully the only part of this debacle to trundle on will be did Craig Shyte really convince Murray to sell or more probably, in my opinion. was he a front man?

I don't believe for a minute that SDM would have put his neck on the block by trusting a reptile like Shyte. That's not to say SDM is blameless, he certainly has a lot of questions to answer but the reality is he probably never will.

If Craig Shyte is forced to come clean about his actions (and inactions) he will no doubt sing like a canary if he thinks there is a possibility of a wee stay at the Bar - L.

The failure of HMRC to move the goalposts (cheat - or is that too strong a word) and more importantly the failure of the SNP & the Scottish Government (Labour and Lib Dems & Conservative too) to support Rangers with little other than platitudes is the real disgrace in this sorry tale.

How can you say he hasn't ruined the club? He sold to Whyte on the basis of a sheet of paper apparently showing Whyte had £18m in the bank. No cross checks, no guarantee's...nothing! He's the trickle that became a river that became a torrent!

We're just fucking lucky that someone who actually knew how to run a club came along or we may not have a club at all today!

Absolutely not as I have stated a few times on here and in my opinion he was the best thing that ever happened to Rangers.

I cannot remember ANY one complaining how he went about his business when we were winning all those NINE titles in a row.

He himself put MILLIONS into our club, we had our debt under control and along came the recession which was caused by the banks,

unfortunately our bank was run by a taig who insisted in gathering in all debts owed to the bank which left him no option but to sell.

Remember also there was a lot of underhand dealings done by the bank to get a buyer which he had no control over.

In my 55 years as a Rangers supporter there has been only one person I did not trust and that is the guy who put us in the shit as

he was only interested in making a fast buck (which fired back big time on him).

Not the best thing, I as well as other people were aware of what he was doing in the early years of the 2000's, he did not put millions into our club, rather he took out millions.

He bought our club for 6 million and since then watched as his profile and wealth grew.

As our debt fluctuated he still grew wealthy, he was even able to do a paper exchange for, what 50million, which was transferred to the books of MIH.

The LTSB had a committee with taigs onboard, we had a fat controller.

Every one keeps saying he's was bad for Selling too whyte, but when whyte came in most rangers fans thought he was the one to take rangers forward, so if you didn't see it happening how could murray, and he had LTSB pushing him, imo he didn't have much choice too sell.

Because Murray is a businesman who knows the business world and should be able to spot a chancer like bug eyes. If he couldnt be bothered himself he had that dossier outlining Whytes business history and no of insolvancys and companys liquidated ect ect. Either Murray chose to sell to a suspected spiv or he was negligent in his due diligance.

Every one keeps saying he's was bad for Selling too whyte, but when whyte came in most rangers fans thought he was the one to take rangers forward, so if you didn't see it happening how could murray, and he had LTSB pushing him, imo he didn't have much choice too sell.

Do you honestly believe that murray has got where he is today by not being able to spot a crook when he meets one

If HMRC didn't wrongly chase us for the, what was it? £90m? Then LBG wouldn't have shat it and forced Murray to sell to Whyte.

Or if he hadnt made a series of questionable business deals and implemented a controversial EBT scheme then no one could have forced him into that position, just depends on your point of view I suppose!