Kevin Kyle's wrongly disallowed goal

govanblue

Yes! the official got it wrong because it was a borderline decision,but in that scenario the decision should go to the attacking team.

It was a perfect run by big Kyle,but I think the two Elgin players who appealed perhaps influenced the linesman (sorry! assistant referee)

but in that scenario the decision should go to the attacking team.

When have you ever seen that happen? It's a joke that they say that, cos it's always the reverse.

But that aside, I'm not actually having a go at the linesman - we all make mistakes, and it's a pretty hard thing to judge. It took me several slowmo replays to be sure myself.

When have you ever seen that happen? It's a joke that they say that, cos it's always the reverse.

But that aside, I'm not actually having a go at the linesman - we all make mistakes, and it's a pretty hard thing to judge. It took me several slowmo replays to be sure myself.

You might have noticed that I said it "SHOULD" happen,if we go by the letter of the law.

I have actually seen it happen a few times, but it is a very rare occurrence.When it has happened,it normally is the home team who gets the decision,and the cynic in me says that it would be common at a certain ground in the East end of Glasgow.

It certainly was a tight call that the linesman got wrong,unfortunately.The thing I liked was that big Kyle didn't make a song and dance about it and got on with the game.

You might have noticed that I said it "SHOULD" happen,if we go by the letter of the law.

I have actually seen it happen a few times, but it is a very rare occurrence.When it has happened,it normally is the home team who gets the decision,and the cynic in me says that it would be common at a certain ground in the East end of Glasgow.

It certainly was a tight call that the linesman got wrong,unfortunately.The thing I liked was that big Kyle didn't make a song and dance about it and got on with the game.

Spot on

It was the way the linesman casually walked back and lifted his flag like a smug wee bastard, when it was clear Kyle was through, "Got ya". I'm obviously bias, but it wasn't marginal Kyle held the line like good strikers are taught and was punished. In the end it didn't matter so we can call it a tight decision that he got wrong.

...The thing I liked was that big Kyle didn't make a song and dance about it and got on with the game.

I noticed that, and I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm disagreeing with the implementation of the law (tu)

Good point about song and dance too.

depending on how you look at that pic for me his feet are defo on the onside but looks like his head is further forward than the guy on the far side so he is in the offside position.but it is very marginal

That's down to perspective. Look at where the camera angle is. He is standing virtually vertically and his head is still behind the grass-line which the far defender's foot is actually over.