David Leggat - Your Honest Opinion ?

Ace

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some on here are talking of Leggo as if he's a journo but that's not quite the way i see him, just a blogger with an at times wild necessity to spraff on as though he has unearthed hidden truths.

i can't take to his writing so it's never moved me to form any sort of opinion other than he perhaps has tunnel vision most of the time and fails to see the bigger picture on things.

but then we all could be accused of that at times, so in essence he's really a fan with a popular blog

I think we should remember when we were under attack from EVERY journalist in Scotland and beyond, that Leggo was an almost solitary voice in defence of our club, the fans, our heritage and culture. Did he always get it right? No, of course, he didn't; but he was true to us when others were putting the boot in!

No his writing is, perhaps, not the best, but he boldly said many of the things that needed to be said when there was No other voice to fight our corner. I have my own criticisms of leggo, but I will forever be grateful for his blog at a time when our club was being vilified across the globe!

Well said. He may not be the best writer or blogger for that matter, but don't forget he is one of us. We have enough enemies without the need of threads like this causing more divisions. If you don't like his style ignore his blog. It's that simple.

Writes like a semi literate 14 year old. My English teacher once told us that these tabloid hacks had to struggle to write in a borderline child prose style to suit their readers, turns out that most of them can't write any better anyway.

A relic of the era when you could leave school at 15, become a teaboy at a paper (probably someone your faither knew) and work your way up. Pisses me off when these days English graduates can't get a job.

His naming of people's weans with their fenian names is embarassing, do we need former national newspaper writers to stoop to that level?

We have the likes of Chris Graham representing us now, we don't need this auld crackpot and borderline alcoholic.

Writes like a semi literate 14 year old. My English teacher once told us that these tabloid hacks had to struggle to write in a borderline child prose style to suit their readers, turns out that most of them can't write any better anyway.

A relic of the era when you could leave school at 15, become a teaboy at a paper (probably someone your faither knew) and work your way up. Pisses me off when these days English graduates can't get a job.

His naming of people's weans with their fenian names is embarassing, do we need former national newspaper writers to stoop to that level?

We have the likes of Chris Graham representing us now, we don't need this auld crackpot and borderline alcoholic.