David Leggat - Your Honest Opinion ?

Ace

He is a good bear and like the rest of us, he is allowed his opinion. We might not agree with his opinion sometimes, just like we do not agree with everything that we all post on the board. All i will say is that he is spot on about Stein, and Scot Symon being a great manager in my opinion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the abuse he gets from alleged Rangers men on here is shameful. To slaughter and ridicule a man whos heart is in the right place and a man who is essentially one of us is disgraceful. I like him. Close to the bone at times but he gets his point across clearly and states a lot of things as facts, i think this is why he is hated so much by those who mean us harm.

I used to read Leggo as well, some good, some bad, but that's the way it goes with blogging and journalism in general.

What I began to get sicker and sicker of was his bloody tory politics and his assumtion that all Rangers fans had to be a tory to support the team.

That was and is total shite.

(tu) Some of the crap aimed at him is embarrassing.

As was some of the crap he aimed at our chairman mate. Look he is a blogger, he isn't always gonna post stuff that everyone agrees with. I personally don't like the name calling and abuse aimed at another Rangers fan, but I can also understand some of the negative feelings towards him.

there are probably some on this site that are undercover tims and will hate him, just because a lot of his blogs hit a bit close to truths that the beasts from the east don't like to face up too.

He made serious misjudgement with the CG criticism and many Bears did. He apologised on his site, and he apologised in person to CG and he continued to apologise during his book signing at our Ibrox shop. So, he made a mistake.

But, he's a Rangers man thru & thru - but today he's highlighting the obsession that they tims have with spoiling his edition of Talksport. And he's also, by his book attempting to give due credit to the Scot Symon - a Rangers player & Rangers manager. He believes that all the attention goes to Jock Stein, even tho' he was not half the man Scot Symon was.

But there's one thing that Leggo didn't mention, and should have - If Scot Symon Knew - he'd have told the polis.

Not even close to everyone is bashing him mate. There are some valid opinions.

Didnt say "everyone".

There are posters on here who sometimes I agree with and sometimes think they are talking crap but I dont start a thread on it asking for everyones opinion on them.

Leggo has his faults but he is a bear and tries to put out information we may not be privvy to. I agree some of it is nonesense but I dont come on here and slate him for it.

I used to read Leggo as well, some good, some bad, but that's the way it goes with blogging and journalism in general.

What I began to get sicker and sicker of was his bloody tory politics and his assumtion that all Rangers fans had to be a tory to support the team.

That was and is total shite.

And he is a Daily Mail afficionado as well :anguish:

Great.

Lets bash a fellow Rangers fan on a Rangers fans site.

Why not? There's plenty of bashing of our players, manager, other forum users etc. Since when did being a Rangers fan place you above criticism? Nobody is denying his loyalty to the club, but if he embarrasses the club and support then he should be called on it.

Generally, the guy's articles are cringe-inducing, self-aggrandising tripe, and while I wish him no ill, I hope that when more Rangers fans stop taking him seriously, we can all forget about him completely.

I dont read any of his stuff other than when it is posted in here. Frankly if it wasn't for RM I wouldn't have known he existed or that he was a journo - which I am very surprised at because that item thats been posted today is very poor quality stuff.

Being an adulterer and degenerate gambler is seen as a badge of honour in Scotland in some quarters and if thats the subtext he is using to get people to buy the book he is going to struggle.

I think Leggo does well, l know he sometimes says some crap, but at least he's on our side. We dont have many, if any friends in the media nowadays, in fact l dont even buy papers anymore.

But l would rather read Leggo than all that Anti-Rangers sh*te in the rest of the media, who just make up lie after lie and it's layed out as gospel.

No. I'm saying he states opinions as though they are facts, and that a number of his grand proclamations (designed to make him sound like he has the inside line on everything) have turned out to be nonsense.

Got you. (tu) May be but i tend to think he is right a hell of a lot more than he is wrong.