My reply from the Bird at the Financial Times .

reddrock

Ask her if she's planning on buying a £10,000 bottle of ketchup the next time she's at the supermarket

Then tell her to make you a sandwich

(tu)

She isn't talking about a bottle woth 10k mate.

She is saying all you need to do to bankrupt yourself if to by a few bottles at an aggregate of 10k doh

She isn't talking about a bottle woth 10k mate.

She is saying all you need to do to bankrupt yourself if to by a few bottles at an aggregate of 10k

She didn't say that. Her wording was poor.

I flagged it ages ago, and said she "probably means" - but you shouldn't have to infer meaning form any journalist who can write properly - and certainly not in the FT!

I flagged it ages ago, and said she "probably means" - but you shouldn't have to infer meaning form any journalist who can write properly - and certainly not in the FT!

She is supposedly a journo, so very adept with the written word. If she can't write what she means then she should find another job IMO.

Journos, lawyers, the whole shebang.

All supposed to be good at what they do. You know what, they are the same as every other dobber. You get the good, the bad and indifferent. They are as sad and prejudiced as the rest of the world. They think they are something special because they can utilise the English language. Big fuckin' deal. Probably couldn't change a tyre on their expensive motor or change a washer on a tap, and which skill is more likely to be of use in your every day life!

We play something like 25 home games per year, so they would need to bring in an extra £200,000 per match in ticket sales and TV revenue. That means about £4 extra on the ticket price, and £72 extra on the season ticket price. When we are back in Europe, that is an extra home and away match for every qualifying and knock-out stage we get to, and 3 home and 3 away matches for the group stage, with associated extra gate and TV revenue. If we can manage that, and I guess we probably can, then there is no problem. If we can't, then there is a problem. I guess you should reply saying that those numbers are most likely achievable and see what she says.

Quite right mate. See? You actually thought for a split second -- unlike a 'reporter' at the FT that simply wishes to put a negative spin on everything Rangers. It's getting a wee bit tired now isn't it. ffs. One European night @ Ibrox is massive. (tu)

Journos, lawyers, the whole shebang.

All supposed to be good at what they do. You know what, they are the same as every other dobber. You get the good, the bad and indifferent. They are as sad and prejudiced as the rest of the world. They think they are something special because they can utilise the English language. Big fuckin' deal. Probably couldn't change a tyre on their expensive motor or change a washer on a tap, and which skill is more likely to be of use in your every day life!

quite right mate - so how is life at Kwik-Fit suiting you anyway? getting on ok? (tu)

The jouno is aggreggating the totals - as I then did in my £100K comment.

So (for example) 15 players would be on a total of 100K a week =£5.2Million per annum.I realise we are not Chelsea.

The post I read didn't say "aggregate". £100k per week for 15 players averages nearly £7k each per week. I think you will find that our wage bill will already includes a fair number of players on or about that wage level. McCulloch, Alexander, Wallace are above the £10k per week. Templeton, Sandaza, Shiels, Black must all be getting a sizeable wage.

I think you're giving her way too much credit

Ha!

That reminds me of an old Only an Excuse clip where they were doing a Q&A with likes of Law, Souness, Dalglish and some boy from the audience stands up and asks, "Does the panel think..." and the host then prompts, "Does the panel think what?" and guy says "No, that is my question, does the panel think?" To which they are all stumped!

The post I read didn't say "aggregate". £100k per week for 15 players averages nearly £7k each per week. I think you will find that our wage bill will already includes a fair number of players on or about that wage level. McCulloch, Alexander, Wallace are above the £10k per week. Templeton, Sandaza, Shiels, Black must all be getting a sizeable wage.

?? I am not disagreeing. I think our top 15 players will be on there or there abouts a total of £100k (btw that the journo's figure not mine). The issue is the journo started out by inferring that individuals on £100k a week would be a problem. I think we all realise thats patently not going to be the case.

I e-mailed her about the article:

Dear Ms Burgess,

>

> Reference your recent article regarding the IPO taking place at Rangers FC this week, I must take you to task regarding the accuracy of your feature.

>

> Firstly, the only reason that the Club ended up in such dire financial straits was due to one individual, the last short-term owner, Craig Whyte. In some 8 months this scurrilous individual, currently under investigation (possibly criminal), lied to shareholders, lied to the previous owner, lied to the board, lied to the supporters and lied to Ticketus from whom he borrowed the money to pay off the Club's debt to Lloyds Bank. That debt was down to £18m and we had an agreed repayment plan in place with Lloyds prior

> to Whyte's takeover in May 2011. Also prior to Whyte's purchase of the Club, Rangers had a history of paying all their due accounts within 30 days. Whyte removed the Chief Executive and Financial Director and simply stopped paying bills, unbeknown to everyone else. Significant sums are missing from the accounts and there are now a number of different but linked

> investigations taking place.

>

> Secondly, Rangers FC has NEVER paid any player £100k per week. There were one or two players paid in the region of £20k to £25k per week but the majority were paid much less. The reason we have previously lost players to English clubs is simply due to the much lower wage levels at our club in comparison to English Premiership and Championship clubs.

>

> There is a long story to be unravelled concerning my Club's predicament but that is still to unfold. Suffice for me at this point to ask you to print a retraction of your erroneous and misleading story and substitute the actual facts. You owe the truth to your readers.

>

> Yours sincerely,

I eventually (just) received this response within the last hour:

Thank you for your email and for your interest. I am aware of the history of the club but was limited by the number of words in my

column and wanted to focus on the coming IPO. I do indeed realise that Rangers has not paid £100,000 a week to a player but I was merely suggesting that if the club were in the future to bring in some new players paid in aggregate £100,000 a week,

the company might struggle to reach analysts' forecasts for 2015.

Yours sincerely

Kate Burgess

Thought that was poor and have now sent her this:

Thank you for your response.

Charles Green has previously outlined where we as a Club can increase revenue to cover the additional cost of players at increased salary levels. For instance, our current wage bill is circa £7m per annum. To achieve the additional turnover of £15m (the £5m for the players aggregating £100k per week plus the other £10m to maintain the 33% salary /turnover ratio) we will have increased ticket prices eventually back to pre-administration levels. We will have our own tv / media rights, our own merchandising rights, increased sponsorship again and the Club has other revenue-raising plans in the pipeline. These are all achievable.

I have no problem with someone critically analysing projected figures but surely if you are purely speculating you have to give a balanced view by noting the possible positives.

We are not looking for favouritism, merely fairness.

Regards,

Correct, because if our aggregate wage bill was £100,000 per week playing in the SPL then we would make substantial profits which would kill her article.

amazingly enough we have the bold Kate getting quoted in scotzine: (sorry it aint letting me cut and paste)

http://www.scotzine....y-is-upon-them/

Stupid cow put her email address on the article. Declan will think she's one of them and every time Rangers share price fluctuates she recieve emails from the rats with the line "Any truth that Rangers...................................................". Somebody should have warned her.

amazingly enough we have the bold Kate getting quoted in scotzine: (sorry it aint letting me cut and paste)

http://www.scotzine....y-is-upon-them/

I looked at that Scotzine thing and I now wonder why any Rangers fan would look at it twice. I'd never heard of it until an RM poster made a comment about it. The guy who runs it is a half-baked nutter, self-confessed tim and rancid bigot and every Bear should simply avoid it like the plague. Do not quote the site, do not give it any publicity.

I looked at that Scotzine thing and I now wonder why any Rangers fan would look at it twice. I'd never heard of it until an RM poster made a comment about it. The guy who runs it is a half-baked nutter, self-confessed tim and rancid bigot and every Bear should simply avoid it like the plague. Do not quote the site, do not give it any publicity.

I dont think I have ever even seen it before today. I googled Rangers IPO, or share issue or something and it was one of the links the search engine provided. Reading it today - I totally agree with you..

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your email and taking the time to write. I was merely pointing out that if the club brings in some new players paid in aggregate £100,000 a week, the company might struggle to reach analysts' forecasts.

Best wishes

Kate

On 17 December 2012 16:37, Andrew Duncan

wrote:

> I wont keep you long , Just wish to point out rangers have never paid

> a player 100K per week , Proper research would have enabled you to be

> aware of this.

>

>

>

> But its the old adage , don’t let the facts get in the way of an article .

>

>

>

> A.Duncan

--

Kate Burgess

Financial Times

Tell her that we have never paid a player even 35% of what she said. He aggregate pish is just a cop out to try stop her looking like she didn't know what she was talking about.

Also tell her we know that was a cop out. We read the FT ffs, we're no stupit.

when we are back in the top flight wouldn't you expect out top 15 players to be earning circa 100k a week? Or do you see a wage cap of some sort?

Charles Green said we wont spend more then 33% on wages. I don't know if that also includes when we're back in the top flight. I would hope not. We will need to spend more than that on wages if we want to be dominant. Unless it's 33% of £200m, which obviously it wont be.

At the start of that article, the child she adopts is called ''Ektarenia'', mid way throu, she is now getting called ''Katya'', by the end, she is called ''Katty''. Does she even know the name of her own chilld?